It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SR-72 Confirmed: Mach 6 Project Blackswift

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Oh look, another idiot.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
looks like a certain blog writer has a paduuuhwan. or is it paderpwan?

edit on 9-1-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: anzha
a reply to: darksidius

foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com...

Proper link. Foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com, Jan. 8, 2018 - Lockheed Martin May Be Closer To Completing The Hypersonic SR-72 Than We Thought.

Without the digital transformation, the aircraft you see there could not have been made. In fact, five years ago, it could not have been made.

Here is Lockheed Martin’s statement [to Jalopnik's request for a comment]:

Lockheed Martin continues to advance and test technologies which will benefit hypersonic flight. A Reusable Hypersonic System (RHS) is a far term solution that will be made possible by the path-finding work we are doing today.

(same source)

Oh boy! Now we are parsing sentences for verb tense!

Let's put it all together. Possible Demo/Model spotted flying into a hangar last year. This year, a past tense reference to one being made... with an open ended response. C'mon Lockheed, we get it already!

I just want to see one in flight!

@BASSPLYR, it's "padawan"!!

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Has anyone heard these comments from the VP Strategy of Lockheed Skunkwords at the AAIA SciTech 2018 conference?

1. He states that new aircraft designs are now being shaped primarily by power and cooling requirements, rather than aerodynamics or signature ones.

2. He displays an SR-72 concept image (that was first shown a few years ago), and states the aircraft was...
a. Built within the last 5 years.
b. Capable of speeds beyond Mach 5.
c. Has a scramjet engine.
d. Is very agile at speed.
e. Has a sophisticated cooling mechanism engineered into the engine design itself - a design that has no moving parts.

There is a video of his comments but I have no clue how to link it.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I think he means they have all the initial designwork for the whole aircraft in digital form (CAD and 3D) using possibly CATIA.Next step would be they factories tooling up for manufacture..At the same time of airframe design etc you usually do the Jigs and tooling .
edit on 10-1-2018 by Blackfinger because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

no,no. in this case i think paduuhwan or paderpwan are better descriptors.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dzeleniak

if i were to speculate id say one of A through E isnt exactly true.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: EngineerGuY

Thank you EngineerGuy.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I agree Bass. But they are some definitely interesting comments. And until it officially comes out of the black, its still just speculations.

All I know is that Skunk Works has some thing out there that is flying and the comments in the video.

I'm not quite on a Jedi level like you and Zaph are when it come's to these things.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

A few pages back someone was asking how would the leading edges not burn up at those speeds in flight, im sure iv read about a very rare earth metal being posibly used for the leading wing edges that can withstand very high temps. Have you heard of this Zaphod?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Rhombus101

I've heard of a couple of things that can be done, and are possibly in testing, but none can be discussed.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Ah ok, cool, also i was curious as this can carry weapons payloads. How would they launch them, im assuming they have to be internal. Would plane have to slow right down to release, i guess going to fast would put enormous strain on the aircrafts structure due to drag.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Rhombus101

It requires a few tricks that they're really going to keep quiet, but it can be done. It's just a matter of getting the weapon clear of the airflow below the aircraft as it releases.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

yeah i was thinking that, maybe like a winglet that opens out and deforms the airflow to give a pocket of stable air for payload to release into, just my thoughts lol.
Not as wise as some of you guys on how this all works but i find it very interesting.
edit on 14-1-2018 by Rhombus101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The B26 Marauder Bomber from WW2 has spoilers in front of the bombay that straightens up the airflow and allows the bombs to stop from floating back up into the bay on release..

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Oh right, like i say dont have the most in depth knowledge on avaition tho does interest me, maybe something similar is in use.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Zaphod are you aware of a company that is making a very large lighter than air v shaped lifting body, to slowy deliver payloads into high orbit? I have read about it but cant remember its name, do you know it? Its not classified craft its out in the open.
edit on 15-1-2018 by Rhombus101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rhombus101

Zaphod are you aware of a company that is making a very large lighter than air v shaped lifting body, to slowy deliver payloads into high orbit? I have read about it but cant remember its name, do you know it? Its not classified craft its out in the open.

That's JP Aerospace.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: wirehead

Ah right, i was just refering to it in another thread the phoenix lights one, saying that possibly what was seen was a very large lighter than air craft that was black budget maybe.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join