It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SR-72 Confirmed: Mach 6 Project Blackswift

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Last year we see on the net, there is a new hangar in a desert place, it may be the Blackswift house?

Yes, I believe that was mentioned in the original post of this thread.

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
...we have two pictures of the HTV-3X the first last year, and the second this year. What this two pictures is near of the turbo/ramjet concept?

Ok, well let me show you the following 3 pictures and explain what I think you're looking at.

BELOW: US Air Force's conceptual rendering of "a hypersonic recon platform" (2007)

BELOW: Artist's rendering of Lockheed's HTV-3X, the "Blackswift", this does not appear to have a scramjet so it is likely a picture of the Turbo/Ramjet hybrid version which is believed to now be a black project.

BELOW: Lockheed's concept model of the "Blackswift", again - this does not appear to have a scramjet so it is probably representative of the now "black" Turbo/Ramjet hybrid version.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Double Post - sorry

[edit on 10-15-2008 by intelgurl]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

What's amazing about 'Black' or unreleased projects is that intelligent followers either FAIL to see the answers in plain sight, or see the answer in plain sight and FAIL to see the obvious.

Case in point.

Reporters, shown the F117a the first time all insisted it was the new hypersonic craft.

Even a clever 10th grader could see that airframe was not a hypersonic.

In IG's comment 'Ordinance might go out the back'...

Devastatingly simple - no other alternative, actually.

I spent part of the morning thinking about conventional bomb-bay doors underneath.

Now, I have a palm print on my forehead.

Why does this happen. It's maddening how our preconceptions trap us and pen in our thinking.

2 cents.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by intelgurl

OK, found an online Kinetic Energy Calculator!

Kinetic Energy Calculator

Thinking some more about it, some interesting weapons could be created. Imagine a titanium pole with fins. In addition, if the front half was frangible and disintegrated a short way above the target it would make a devastating anti-personnel weapon, since the pieces would still be traveling at higher Mach number speeds.

[edit on 15/10/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

On-line Mach number calculator:

www.ajdesigner.com...

Requires a temperature chart.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The news about the hypersonics projects are very poor, since the cancellation of Blackswift. Where is the Falcon program?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Here is what i have put together.
Think out side of the box. The government does.

(one) a large hangar, SR72 hangar or a mother ship hanger.

(Two) size of a fighter, a USR unmanned strategic reconnaissance aircraft.

A possibility, A unmanned USR that is carried to a point just outside the target countries air space ether on (like the space shuttle )or under the plane(like the old X15) to a launch point.
Then launched on the mission.
Then after the mission it is recovered say like the mother ship deploys something like a refueling drogue and tows the USR back to AREA 51 where it is dropped to land dead stick.

Something like this was done with the SR 71/ D21 system
www.staynehoff.net...

Also with the B52 /D21 system
www.staynehoff.net...

The only changes this time would be a recovery system to bring the USR back to base.

Plus the USR being hyper sonic mach 8 to 10

Advantage of a system like this would be the security of just using two aircraft. no line of tankers with special fuel that the SR71 had to have.
less people in on the secret.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Pretty neat. Its nice to know that so much effort and resources are put into such things that promote distruction and death.

It would be nice to see these resources put into something that actually helps prevent economic collapse, layoffs and failing industries.

Well at least the LSW group will have a nice Christmas, as well as all thier sub contractors.

Funny, we never hear of those military industrial contracting companies ever needing a bailout do we? Nor do we hear anything about them developing something besides WMD. (whos got what?)

Anyway, nice bird. Lift body type. Its probably far more advanced and capable of far greater speed than advertised...the SR-71 still has classified data on its absolute top speed and altitude. No doubt this new bird will be capable of more than what is being told.

I love progress! Hope some of that funnels into the preservation of life and liberty and not just for distruction and devistation.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

The only thing we don't know about the SR-71 is some of the places it flew. The altitudes and speeds have been declassified and even written about in books by an SR-71 pilot. He mentions a few places where he flew, but not many of them.

The Blackbird has no need of secrets anymore since it doesn't fly.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This Aurora aircraft is already obsolete.
We have spacecraft that travel faster in nonlinear time.
The spacecraft that travel in nonlinear time are able to make
90 degree turns at very high speeds. They can also go the moon
or Mars.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

...the SR-71 still has classified data on its absolute top speed and altitude.

SR71 Flight manual

Maximum Mach Mach 3.2 is the design Mach number. Mach 3.17 is the maximum scheduled speed recommended for normal operations. However, when authorized by the Commander, speeds up to Mach 3.3 may be flown if the limit CIT of 427 degrees C is not exceeded.

I still believe that it went faster!

[edit on 12/18/2008 by wookiee]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wookiee

Brian Shull and his RSO were at Mach 3.5 and acclerating going past Tripoli in 1986 after the F-111 strike.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Care to elaborate on that?Or is that just fact?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by wookiee

Yes it most like can, and still does not reveal the SR-71's maximum service altitude, tho rumors have put it right at the edge of where the atmosphere ends and space begins. (95,000+)

The area I was involved in at WSMR/HAFB involved testing of independant systems, so I wouldnt be able to say either.

Originally posted by mtmaraca

Also Intelgurl, if this is truly a black program and someone is speaking to you about it, I think you should report them to law enforcement officials. It's not a great idea to continue to pass along sensitive information. I hope for your sake that you are just making this stuff up. I know it feels good to be "in on" something like this, but have you considered the damage you could do if you get your hands on the wrong information and it ends up on the internet?

As someone who was employed for 12 years in top secret projects at WSMR/HAFB during the later part of the cold war era, rest assured, if Intelgurl was throwing out classified anything, she would not be here right now, much less employed at a government contractor.

They have ways to....keep tabs..lets just say..depending on where the "leak" is at, it would take 10 to 30 minutes to take care of that leak and seal that leak for good...and I do mean for good.

So relax, enjoy the show and remember, someone's watching out for you.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Don't know what the latest secret recon aircraft is, but I saw it on Monday, Nov. 17, passing over Dallas. First thought it was the shuttle returning to Canaveral, but checked shuttle status and it was still attached to the space station.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Anyone who wants to see what the SR-72 looks like just has to go to the skunk works web page.Under skunk works today,look in the upper right hand corner. Yes its huge ,bigger then the xb-70 valkyrie.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
long time no see.... so when will the plane be in service???

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
They have ways to....keep tabs..lets just say..depending on where the "leak" is at, it would take 10 to 30 minutes to take care of that leak and seal that leak for good...and I do mean for good.

If this is truly an unacknowledged (black) program, and someone were discussing its existence with someone else who is not read in, then they have committed a security violation. If you are correct and they are aggressively monitoring the internet for such violations and "taking care of" the leaks they find, then Intelgurl's posts have been reviewed and cleared by the appropriate authority, since as far as I can tell Intelgurl continues to live freely and work for the US Government. Therefore no such black program exists. QED.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join