It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo sighting in Parma, Italy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'm just slightly confused here re the whole lantern and flare thing.

1. If it's lanterns then apart from being tied together there's little chance of them staying in formation I'd have thought due to their lightness which leads them to be easily moved by any wind.

2. If it's flares then unlike the lanterns they have no upward thrust surely, and dropped independently so again formation isn't guaranteed?

Plus by nature they are always drifting downwards despite their lightness and parachute. The ones in the Israel video are viewed from a looking up standpoint so it's hard to calculate their downward movement.

What I'm getting at is that the objects in the main video maintain pretty much perfect equidistant formation and don't seem to have any downward movement. They just hang there for a long time.

It reminded me loosely of that video from 2001(?) where the same guy video from a distance a set of lights that appear to come down over a mountain with some turning on in formation and then they sweep to the right one by one as if on a patrol?

Just myself wondering re these issues.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I exclude lanterns because there any religious event or any other "big" event in Parma on 10 Aug. I've some friends in the city (they dont see the lights in the sky) that confirm this information.
I have also find a news from an italian ufologic site, from witness they note a strange activity of the birds during all the sighting in different location ( this is the LINK) Maybe it's a clue...

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by themaster1

Tell him to upload on blip.tv... trust me i know what i'm talking about.the Flv quality will be crisp & the original file downloadable

Thank you for the hint!

I'll send a PM to him on YT immediately !

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Worth to study..Flag from me !

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Wow, great find.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a "UFO Highway" in or just outside your town?

"Hey honey, what do you wanna do tonight?"

"Awww, I'm pretty tired, lets just hang out, out back, have a few drinks and watch the UFO's go by."

"Ok, sounds good to me."

I know there are other ways to achieve this type of evening, but I DEFINITELY DO NOT reccomend them.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImShrike
I have also find a news from an italian ufologic site, from witness they note a strange activity of the birds during all the sighting in different location

Maybe it's a clue...

I wish I could read Italian to find out about the birds acting strangely. I deal with birds on a daily basis so I have a good understand of the general behavior. Since the sighting was a night I wonder how the bird behavior plays in anyway.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
I wish I could read Italian to find out about the birds acting strangely. I deal with birds on a daily basis so I have a good understand of the general behavior. Since the sighting was a night I wonder how the bird behavior plays in anyway.

Source: ufologia.net
Molti uccelli si sentivano più del solito, questo particolare mi è rimasto molto impresso perchè anche altri amici che erano in un altro luogo lo hanno notato

"I heard more birds chirps than usual, this detail has impressed me because other friends o' mine, who were otherwhere, noticed tha same".
Hope it's understandable (no warrantee, "bird chirp" is correct? I don't know..
),
if not, click here to hear what i mean for a bird chirp

[edit on 27/8/2007 by internos]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WASTYT

VERY interesting video of confirmed flares. Wow I had no idea they could just hand in one spot for soooo long. Those 3 on that video(not counting the 1st burning out proving they were flares), were basically hanging in mid air it looked like to me without dropping a single bit. I watched for a good 2 and a half minutes as well.

The ones there in Italy lasted for a little over 3 minutes, then went out. So I dunno I'm haveing trouble ruleing out flares now.

I really didn't think they could fall so slow as to appear stationary. Does anyone have a diagram or any info on the way these are dropped and what size chute is used to make them fall at a snail's pace? Or are they held up by some other means. Military flares like in the fox video posted by WASTYT.

I'll try useing google to look around myself, and wikpedia, but that's about the extent of my search caapabilities. I'm sure someone with military experience could come up with much more detailed information and pictures on military flares -- ones used to light up an area for extended periods of time.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by Nola213]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Here's what i came up with:

www.fas.org...

LUU-19 Flare

Weight: 33lb (14.9 kg)
Length: 25.5 in. (64.8 cm)
Diameter: 4.87 in. (12.4 cm)
Infrared Output: 1200 watts/Steradian
Burn Time: 420 sec/7 min
Descent Rate: 9ft/sec (2.74 m/sec)
User: U.S. Air Force/International

Now the 7 minute burn time is what shocked me, but then I saw the descent rate. 9 feet per second. Thats fairly fast, I would think. Even filming a flare from 10 miles away dropping at that speed, it would obviously look as if it were falling, or at least I would thing so.

I'd imagine the military has other flares capable of falling at a slower pace with a shorter burn time. They would fall slower becuase they'd be alot lighter, because they'd be carry less propellant because of the shorter burn time.

I would speculate at a view of 10 miles away watching a flare at say 5-10,000ft (again a complete guess, i have no idea how high they drop these from) dropping at 4 feet per second for 3 minutes would probably appear to be a still light in the sky. Again though, PURE speculation on my part.

I would need someone from the military who is familiar with these to explain further.

But that video from fox news has changed my mind drastically on how a flare could appear to be a stationary light in the sky. Never though it was even close to possible.

I'm gonna go back and watch some footage of the Pheonix lights again.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
I would speculate at a view of 10 miles away watching a flare at say 5-10,000ft (again a complete guess, i have no idea how high they drop these from) dropping at 4 feet per second for 3 minutes would probably appear to be a still light in the sky.

Yes, they would.

I live just under 10 miles from the Avon Park Bombing and Gunnery Range. With flares under slow-descent 'chutes, I've seen them seem to hang stationary for what seemed over 10 minutes.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

It is true. From a large distance they would appear stationary. And if the wind is not blowing they won't drift.
After eliminating lanterns etc, I'd go with the flare theory. However I find some problems. Let me know what you think.
Take a looks at the enhanced pic below.

1) This one is a bit brightened, but the original pic, guessing from its brightness must have been taken with a tripod with a long exposure time. There is no exif in there, so I guess its 10 sec. In those 10 sec the lights don't move even a bit. There are no trails.

2) There is no contrail or smoke of the possible airplane that dropped them. No one reports hearing either a plane or a helicopter.

3) No smoke is coming out of them.

For comparison, the flares dropped from sky look something like this. Perhaps these are some advanced kind of flares

[edit on 27/8/2007 by rocksolidbrain]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

Great work RSB

Moreover, IMO it looks, even in the video, that every movement/shape shifting is because of the hand-shaking of who is filming.
I've splitted in still images the moment in which appears the fourth object:

and there is still to explane why it appears so, as if it comes from far...but maybe i'm wrong, it's just my opinion....

Sequence of the apparition of the fourth object..

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain

No, this picture is of anti-missile countermeasures, not parachute illumination flares. There is a difference between the two.

And flares don't necessarily show smoke when they're burning. Magnesium burns clean and bright. When my high school science teacher burned magnesium, the classroom wasn't filled with smoke

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

Do you know how large they can appear (the ones with magnesium)?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by internos
Thanks for the translation. That's an interesting observation.

Seems like the birds began to be aware of something. If it is night and enough light shines in an area, it might cause the birds to be aware of a change. I wouldn't think this is enough light. This is along the lines of them resuming daytime activity because it's not as dark.

Many birds are believed to be aware of magnetic fields and use then for navigation. If there was an influence in the earth's field then maybe they could feel the change in the field and that caused them to change their activity.

I'll see if I can find research on that point and also give the whole observation more thought.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This video that was posted earlier on page 3 by WASTYT, along with the fact that there is a military base nearby, is pretty strong evidence that these objects could be flares.

Plus the little bit of research I just did before into some types of flares, as well as reports from others about flares, and clean burning ones. Even the ones in the flare video were pretty close to the camera, and even when he zoomed in you could just barely see some smoke on the closest of the flares.

Now, I'm not saying they are flares in the OP's video. Heck the EXPERT that examined the case ruled out planes, choppers, balloons , and flares. I just wish we had some evidence of the other supposed cases in Southern Italy, perhaps where there are no known military bases. Then I wouldn't be so much on the fence with this one.

**EDIT**

My mistake the Expert who was a biologist, and UFO researcher......

He said he could exclude: planes, helicopters, balloons, and meteorites.

Nothing about flares.

Also I didn't look at all the video posted earlier in the thread, so I'm not sure if any video was shown of other light formations in different parts of the country, gonna go back now and watch them all.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by Nola213]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

OK thats possible.
Do you have any pics of Mg flares that look like these ufos?
All I found was something resembling firecrackers and burning white with fumes, when I did a google image search.

How to explain the appearance? I mean we should see the lights of the plane/chopper igniting and dropping the thing. There is nothing there.

Internos, can you enhance the video and see if something appears there?

[edit on 27/8/2007 by rocksolidbrain]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

Of course, i'll do it. I've already sent a pm to Nerone8382, the uploader, asking him to upload the vid on blip.tv...: i hope he will do it soon. He said the quality is really good! He will alert me once uploaded.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I'm not sure what type of planes normally drop illumination flares, but I would imagine they would be high altitude planes, (then again some might be drop by helicopters), but I'd think the flare ignition would be on a pretty long delay.

I don't think you would want them to light up right after you drop them and let the enemy know exactly where you plane/chopper is so they can try and shoot it down.

I really doubt you'll find any aircraft in any video of illumination type flares. They're most likely long gone by the time the flares ignite.

Again this is my civilian opinion, as I have no military backround, or training.

However, this being a non combat situation, (if they are flares) they might just being tested for brightness and who knows what other types of things, delays may not be needed, or wanted, so I guess there is an off-chance you could spot the plane or helicopter that dropped them.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Three randomly chosen enhanced/resized pics from video #1

... and an enhanced/resized pic from video #2

I noticed that something other odd happens at sec. 24
(countdown)
in the first vid: we can see another of the four objects appearing.
Take a look at the left of the screen:
(note: in the first still pic, all the shapes are clearly prolonged by a shake
of the cameraman's hand)

It appears in less than a second...from the far side..

So, the objects which we can see while appearing are TWO.

Notice the time needed to the first object to appear completely
(less than 1 sec), and to the second (at least 3 secs).
It could mean different speeds or different distances, at least IMO...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join