It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any meat here? ...MRE stockpiling in Indiana?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What an interesting 'tale'...

40,000 lbs. of MREs being hauled into deep, limestone caves near Marengo, Indiana.

...The trucking company has a contract with the military (not FEMA) to deliver these shipments every day for an entire month. In fact, the MRE suppliers are supplying no one else during this period...

More...

I wonder if anyone on ATS lives in the area? This would be fairly easy, in part, to verify...

Thoughts?

EDIT:

In my brief digging on this subject, it looks like the likely supplier would be this company:

AmeriQual, Inc.

According to this website, they are an Indiana based company that won a sizable portion of the available 2007 government MRE contracts.

Source.

Nov 3/06: AmeriQual Group, LLC in Evansville, IN received a maximum $167.6 million fixed-price contract with economic price adjustment for MREs and Humanitarian Daily Rations. There were 3 proposals solicited and 3 responded. Contract funds will expire at the end of the current fiscal year, and the contract will end on December 31, 2007 (SPM3S1-06-D-Z103).

More...

EDIT, Again:

I guess this is the place:

Marengo Warehouse

Btw, 40,000 pounds a day for 30 days is 1.2 million pounds... Doesn't seem like much, does it?

I'm now thinking this is nonsense.....

But at least I got to learn more about all of THESE...

[edit on 26-8-2007 by loam]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This is kinda scary actually! It's like the military knows something we don't!

Since the contract ends Dec. 31, does this mean that something is in the works for the beginning of next year or is something big going to happen before the end of this year?

join