It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Sense, by the Taxman

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
One day Star Trek will be real. We will not work for money but for the benefit of all man kind. Until then don't quit your day job!!

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
DD, you are have been on the opposite side of things more times than I can count since my short time on this board, but this is the first time we are in complete agreement. Its a mile stone to me.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
DD, you are have been on the opposite side of things more times than I can count since my short time on this board, but this is the first time we are in complete agreement. Its a mile stone to me.

Hey man I can't help it that you're a tree hugging Clinton lover!! Just kidding

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
That was a low blow, but fair. BTW I am Repug tree lover if you get to know me.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by quango
But we don't have the right to force "rich people" to pay for it just because they have the money.
Why not force people named Tom to pay for it.
And make tall people be Olympic basketball players so we can dominate the world.

No, everyone can help by paying their taxes.

I don't agree with all the ways the money I give to the government is being spent. But I pay, because it goes to more than just one place. (Roads, for one, are vital.)
We just don't have the right people in power.
Government is big business.
War is bigger business.
We need to stop electing businessmen.

hey # you im not paying!! (my name is tom if you dont get it.) but im also tall so i would play basketball and be able to afford it... ugh head hurts....

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

We need things like free energy, antii-gravity and other technological advances before man can put aside cultural differences that keeps us in this paradigm of existance where competition is the rule.

I seriously doubt that is the answer. The only way the human race is going to move beyond Cultural Differences, Wars, etc. is to practice compassion for all life and to view reality without the "Self" being separate from the "Other". Some Buddhist monks, Shamen, Mystics, etc. throughout history and from all areas and sections of Human Culture have understood it at one time or another. The problem is that only a few seem to be able to grasp such things while 99% of mankind just don't "get it". The Human Condition of Suffering or Unsatisfaction in their Relationship within Life will only be solved by "Spiritual/Emotional" balance and Wisdom of how to Live in Harmony with all things. Free Energy, AntiGravity, Atomic Energy, and all other "Advancements" have nothing to do with solving the problem, they are only distractions at worst and tools at best. All of them can (and will) be used for War and Destruction just as easily as they can be used to Peace and Construction.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
How man will put aside cultural/racial differences.
We will kill each other until one religion is left. We will then kill each other until 1 race is left. We will kill each other until one hair color or eye color is left. Then we will kill each other until all differences are erased. We will kill each other until one man and one woman are left. What will we be left with? Inbreed monkeys.

[Edited on 17-1-2004 by DiRtYDeViL]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL
How man will put aside cultural/racial differences.
We will kill each other until one religion is left. We will then kill each other until 1 race is left. We will kill each other until one hair color or eye color is left. Then we will kill each other until all differences are erased. We will kill each other until one man and one woman are left. What will we be left with? Inbreed monkeys.

[Edited on 17-1-2004 by DiRtYDeViL]

Yeah, the competition has to stop, and to do that everything has to come into balance. As a skeptical person I don't see that happening until man gets off this planet and then looks backward to see how rediculous he has been.[pardon the spelling]

[Edited on 17-1-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Yeah, the competition has to stop, and to do that everything has to come into balance. As a skeptical person I don't see that happening until man gets off this planet and then looks backward to see how rediculous he has been.[pardon the spelling]

It can't happen that's the problem with communism. If man is given everything he will achieve nothing that is why the lord doesn�t answer everyone�s prayers.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Let me put this anohter way (hopefully coming from a conservative this will astound the liberal among you)

The exploration of space gives a huge oppurtunity to mankind in that once we are out there, for a long time earthly governments will not really matter to the people colonizing space.

They will have the same chance our ancestors had in a new country to set up a political system that works for them.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   

It won't happen then either. Man, if able to do so, will continue to fight and war over "Best Planet" or "Best Space Vessel" or whatever. Attachment, Possession, Ownership, Authority, Consepts of Right & Wrong, Good & Evil, etc. can only be overcome in "Non-Materialistic" "Non-Physical" ways since all those formentioned things are also "Non-Physical" as well.

Pheonix, you are a great example in fact. As you've stated yourself, "competition has to stop, and to do that everything has to come into balance." Without any new technology or off planet relocation you are able to see the problem. If you, as well as others, can see this, then others should be able to as well. They either don't see it or refuse it.

Think about it like this. World Peace and Unity/Brotherhood(Sisterhood) between all men(women) is a State of Being determined by a Mental Abstraction of Reality. If Everyone Wanted Peace, there would be Peace, instantly. It's like John Lennon's song "Imagine". People Define the Conseptual part of Reality. Peace, Good, Bad, Philosophy, Society, etc. are all Abstractions or Concepts, not real things like Rocks, Trees, Cars, Bombs, etc. It is possible (yet very difficult) to define your conseptual reality alone and against everyone else. Each additional person who holds your same concept makes it that much easier, and if everyone hold it, then it just is.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm

It won't happen then either. Man, if able to do so, will continue to fight and war over "Best Planet" or "Best Space Vessel" or whatever. Attachment, Possession, Ownership, Authority, Consepts of Right & Wrong, Good & Evil, etc. can only be overcome in "Non-Materialistic" "Non-Physical" ways since all those formentioned things are also "Non-Physical" as well.

Pheonix, you are a great example in fact. As you've stated yourself, "competition has to stop, and to do that everything has to come into balance." Without any new technology or off planet relocation you are able to see the problem. If you, as well as others, can see this, then others should be able to as well. They either don't see it or refuse it.

Think about it like this. World Peace and Unity/Brotherhood(Sisterhood) between all men(women) is a State of Being determined by a Mental Abstraction of Reality. If Everyone Wanted Peace, there would be Peace, instantly. It's like John Lennon's song "Imagine". People Define the Conseptual part of Reality. Peace, Good, Bad, Philosophy, Society, etc. are all Abstractions or Concepts, not real things like Rocks, Trees, Cars, Bombs, etc. It is possible (yet very difficult) to define your conseptual reality alone and against everyone else. Each additional person who holds your same concept makes it that much easier, and if everyone hold it, then it just is.

I certaintly do not disagree with your philophosy on eastern religious beliefs.I do believe that until such time as all people earn the same wage for their labor here on earth you will see jealosy and envy that will cause wars between the have and the have nots, until such time thhat people see another alternatiive.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   
until such time as people can be un-united and stop fighting. Balance can't be achieved by such extremes

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join