It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

British Army move out of Basra police center, Shiite militia moves in

page: 2
4
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero


How about from the perspective of a little girl that now goes to school, and the perspective of the Kurds who have recovered quite well in the north, or the perspective of the 100,000s that were not part of the Baath party.
There are a lot of different perspectives that do not make the news' "if it bleeds it reads" perspective.

It is truly sad that the whole world but England wants the US to fail. Even the Democratic Party would rather push a failure in bush's face than to pat him on the back from a success story, so of course this will end in a failed attempt but whose failure will it be? Will it be Bush, our military, the world, the People of Iraq where would you like to put it?


Well said. Or shall I say spot on.

People want this to fail so they can point their finger at Bush and the USA not realizing what failure or success could bring. And of course everyone takes the perspective that iraq was paradise on earth before the evil big bad Americans showed up.

The best is the seemingly common belief that the insurgents are there for the Iraqis best interests and that the Iraqis want them there and hate Americans. Some do I'm sure, and that if the coalition pulled out and the violence would stop.




posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
youse guys might want to read the newest Rolling Stone article
'The Great Iraq Swindle'
@: www.rollingstone.com...


comments by Silicon Synapse reflect my views...that Basra
ultimately will be a test case for pumping in more civilian 'contractors'
courtesy of the administration's War Machine of corporation oligarchs...
as the UK stands down/pulls out.

It's all a planned manipulation of events to continue the war profiteering,
which evidently the UK wants no part of.



posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
How about from the perspective of a little girl that now goes to school, and the perspective of the Kurds who have recovered quite well in the north, or the perspective of the 100,000s that were not part of the Baath party.
There are a lot of different perspectives that do not make the news' "if it bleeds it reads" perspective.

It is truly sad that the whole world but England wants the US to fail. Even the Democratic Party would rather push a failure in bush's face than to pat him on the back from a success story, so of course this will end in a failed attempt but whose failure will it be? Will it be Bush, our military, the world, the People of Iraq where would you like to put it?


The Kurds are now being shelled by Iran,again:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No real mention of this on the news,for some reason.
Whole thing could rapidly descend into a complete mess IMO,more than it is already if that is possible.
I don't want the US to fail either by the way(Wales,not England)but I think you guys could achieve so much more by using more subtle techniques than those which are being applied in the war on terror.
All I would like to see is the end to the stories in the local papers of people I went to school with coming home in a box,and the end of children being crisped by accidental bombs in far off countries by the will of my government.,.
Is that too much to ask?
It is now that the hornets nest has been poked.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by Silcone Synapse]



posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
How about from the perspective of a little girl that now goes to school, and the perspective of the Kurds who have recovered quite well in the north, or the perspective of the 100,000s that were not part of the Baath party.
There are a lot of different perspectives that do not make the news' "if it bleeds it reads" perspective.

It is truly sad that the whole world but England wants the US to fail. Even the Democratic Party would rather push a failure in bush's face than to pat him on the back from a success story, so of course this will end in a failed attempt but whose failure will it be? Will it be Bush, our military, the world, the People of Iraq where would you like to put it?


Can you please show me a link that girls in Iraq didnt go to school under Saddams reign there please.
By the way the kurds were protected after the 1st gulf war by a No Fly zone,they were safe enough to bring in Terrorists with our protection from high above.

The whole world doesnt like bullies,good job you country is so far away as if its was stuck in the middle east or indeed Europe you lot would get the spanking you so rightly deserve.You elected Bush for the 2nd time knowing damm well that doing so would mean Falluja would be leveled by the trigger happy no respect generation wating for the election results.Thats what disgust me,you had it in your power to get the draft dodging alco drug taking god loving(yeahh right!)puppet out of office and you chose to keep him and kill lots of muslims in this country that was the Cradle of Civilization


As for the brits pulling out,we cant to anything in Iraq!we are not wanted,we have never been wanted.This has been a PA war from the 1st days of the campaign when the american war machine did its pityfull shock and awe campaign and rolled it superior war machine straight up to Bagdad evoiding completly the cities infront of it to surround the capital and organize the staged statue toppling to sell the story the war was won!
It has never been won,anyone who says it has been won is dreaming-and it cant be won.The only way we can win is to kill all the arabs there!

Anyway our poor troops will be pulled out to be sent to the the hell that is Afganistan!The poor sods have been let down badly by our leaders



posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
I don't want the US to fail either by the way(Wales,not England)but I think you guys could achieve so much more by using more subtle techniques than those which are being applied in the war on terror.



I think it is time now for the US to adopt a back seat approach and let the rest of the world become the driver. The old saying of "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink" is really what we are dealing with.



posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I think it is time now for the US to adopt a back seat approach and let the rest of the world become the driver. The old saying of "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink" is really what we are dealing with.


That's what the entire wolrd has been wanting you to do for years.....



posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Given the speed that the militia took over the local shop I would say that the local security forces infiltrated the place. This kind of thing could be prevented some of the time by a better screening and training process . Really the British army needs to be around in an advisory role and as a back up force to aid the loyal security forces when things like this happen.



posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
As a side note to this story-midnight BBC radio 5 news last night said that 500 British troops were preparing to leave Basra palace-no mention of the police station though,and of course no mention of militias moving in.
They might mention it in a couple of weeks,knowing the BBC...



posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
youse guys might want to read the newest Rolling Stone article
'The Great Iraq Swindle'
@: www.rollingstone.com...


comments by Silicon Synapse reflect my views...that Basra
ultimately will be a test case for pumping in more civilian 'contractors'
courtesy of the administration's War Machine of corporation oligarchs...
as the UK stands down/pulls out.

It's all a planned manipulation of events to continue the war profiteering,
which evidently the UK wants no part of.




Thanks for the link, a very interesting read indeed. How can a government become so corrupted is beyond me. I really do genuinely feel worried for some of the good people of America. Your being run by the a load of lunatics



posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by paul76
 



"I really do genuinely feel worried for some of the good people of America. Your being run by the a load of lunatics"



I second that--we could say the same about our country too unfortunately.



posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by paul76
 



"I really do genuinely feel worried for some of the good people of America. Your being run by the a load of lunatics"



I second that--we could say the same about our country too unfortunately.



I agree to a certain extent, but I don't think our government is quite as bad or committed as the USA.



posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76
 

The thing is,our Government is seen in the same light as Bushco,and they are pretty much hand in glove in terms of the Arms dealing companies,who kind of perpetuate the destruction by bringing in lucrative contracts,political lobbying and the like.
We pretty much have no choice in joining in any military escapades the American Administration tell us to.
PM Brown is starting to look like he is the sort of "leader" who wants to give the impression of distancing himself from the war/US Admin whilst secretly being pulled along by forces outside his control.



posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by paul76
 

The thing is,our Government is seen in the same light as Bushco,and they are pretty much hand in glove in terms of the Arms dealing companies,who kind of perpetuate the destruction by bringing in lucrative contracts,political lobbying and the like.
We pretty much have no choice in joining in any military escapades the American Administration tell us to.
PM Brown is starting to look like he is the sort of "leader" who wants to give the impression of distancing himself from the war/US Admin whilst secretly being pulled along by forces outside his control.


O.k i agree with the Arms companies having a influence and also other industries looking for a quick buck. But we don't always follow the USA all the time, we didn't go to Vietnam and as I far as I know the Americans wanted us there. Also we're part of Europe and they're very Antiwar, The European Union is having more of a influence on Britain's policies, so It's going to be more difficult for another Iraq to happen. Also i don't believe the British people will accept another war, and if Britain follow the USA into Iran, I believe there will be major upheaval. It seems to me the American Administration are blatant about what they do, It's like they believe they can't be stopped, they have a certain arrogance which alarms me. It's difficult to gauge how involved the British Government is involved, as they operate much more conservatively. I only wish that our troops come home and we can build bridges with our own British Muslims.



posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

That's what the entire wolrd has been wanting you to do for years.....


And that doesn't make the "world" as you say it right either, but in either case it is time for the "world" to get their hands dirty or craw under a rock like they so often do.



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1   >>

log in

join