It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Encounter in Sheffield, Summer of 1997

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I am posting this just to share an experience that I had in the summer of 1997. It is upto you whether or not to believe my account or not, there was another witness with me at the time, although we have lost touch due to personal reasons and him being an exboyfriend I am aware of his whereabouts still. We were night fishing for trout on the overflow to Dam Flask inthe river at the bottom of the field below the Nags Head Public House, we had caught quite a few good fish and decided to camp out til morning. We couldn't help notice all the shooting stars in the sky and thought it was a little odd there was about nine of them in the space of a couple of hours, later on as we were re-hooking the lines, the torch batteries went and all we had was a lighter, he had his back to the field concentraing closely on what he was doing so he didn't hook his fingers whilst I was facing the field flicking the lighter so he could see what he was doing. Suddenly this great sphere of glowing white light eminating a variety of colours pulsating around it, shot straight passed from the right to the left of me and disapeared behind the trees.

I was so shocked and frightened the only thing that came out of my mouth was "What the ****!!!!" He hadn't seen it as he had his back to it and it only emitted a very quiet low electrical pulse vibration so he thought I was going daft, I said "how could you not see that intense light behind you?" He shook his head, I was pacing and in a panic, I just wanted to leave and go home right that instant. I wanded off down the pathway to where there was a light source from a dim overhead lamp and I heard something in the trees, I dont know whether I passed out from hyperventilating but the next thing I remember I was walking back up the path to him and him asking where had I been all that time, I'd been gone for quiet some time, he was still laughing at me though, saying I was mad. I was trying to explain what I had seen and was pointing over the field again this object appeared on the brow of the hill overhead just above and to the right of the Nags Head Pub hovering and pulsating through the colours of the rainbow, this time it was me that was cursing. It shot forwards towards us at great speed hovered about 6 ft away from us and the shot off at a right angle to the left. This thing moved and looked like nothing I had ever seen and I don't think we are able to create something on this level of intelligence just yet, maybe in another 200 years or so, I am not stupid, I have a high IQ and was raised well, and this thing has had me waking in sweats some nights
and turned me from a skeptic into a believer, I have now been searching for explainations as to what happened, what it was and what propells these flying objects with such speed and precision, but our knowledge as humans is very limited to what we have been taught to believe is possible and what is not.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by catgtr33]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I drew this image some years back, this is distinctly what I remember seeing! If anyone else ever seen anything like this that moves in this way can you please post and let me know.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your experience, how far away was the object from you? Did it leave any physical evidence, eg, burn marks

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Thanks for sharing your experience, how far away was the object from you? Did it leave any physical evidence, eg, burn marks

No burn marks we checked before we left about 6am the next morning before we left, the obect we aproximately 15-20 feet when it first flew past, then the second time it appeared hovering on the hill at first it was aproximately 1km away then shot forwards towards us at great velocity til it was apromimately 10-15 feet away hovered for a short while then shot off at a right angle to the left and disapeared behind the trees, as you can see in the picture there are trees at either side of our view. We had taken the bus up there so even though we wanted to leave we couldn't til the next morning, or it would have been a very long country walk home!
I was so shocked and never dreamed I would witness anything like this, I'm just a normal person with a family. I dont know whether to feel honoured that I have seen something that most people never see or frightened because I dont know what it was, I guess I have always felt a bit of both!

[edit on 2-9-2007 by catgtr33]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I have only had one UFO experience and what I saw a few years back does resemble what you saw. I work for the Weather Bureau here in Australia so I do use weather balloons and see weather phenomenen every day so I know what I saw wasn't anything normal. The object I saw did move similar to yours but i observed it a lot further away than you did. At first I thought it was a helicopter as it was hovering but it sped off faster than any aircraft I have ever seen. Did the light on it pulsate or rotate or something?

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I believe your story and know how you felt. I had a similar experience in 1995 but not quite as close an encounter as yours. In my case a group of us went off to Bonnybridge (UFO hotspot ) to see a UFO. After some time sky-watching we sat in the car, bored, and just about to leave when I looked out the window to my left and saw a huge, watery-blue, ball of light "roll" up the fields towards us. I screamed my head off and the driver took off, fast as hell, away from the scene. It turned out I was the only one who saw it but I'll never forget it, and the feeling was of genuine terror. When I saw the light it was twi-light, not yet totally dark, but a minute after we took off the sky was jet black. ???? My son was there too, aged about 9 at the time, he didn't see it either but years later he said he did and described it to me exactly. Very strange.On another big sky-watch a couple of years later, we were travelling home alone after waving goodbye to all the other cars and I remember saying to my partner "look at that train light, isn't it a lovely colour, it's gonna overtake us in a minute." There was a dark green light with a large green ring halo travelling along with us about 100 feet away. It was stunning but I was convinced we were driving parallel to a railway track. A friend told me later that trains definitely don't have a single green head-light. The trouble after that sighting is my partner has no memory of it at all and I can't for the life of me remember where we were, but I know it happened.There's some very strange things afoot at nights when most folk are bedded or locked up behind their curtains, that's for sure.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by wigit]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I have only had one UFO experience and what I saw a few years back does resemble what you saw. I work for the Weather Bureau here in Australia so I do use weather balloons and see weather phenomenen every day so I know what I saw wasn't anything normal. The object I saw did move similar to yours but i observed it a lot further away than you did. At first I thought it was a helicopter as it was hovering but it sped off faster than any aircraft I have ever seen. Did the light on it pulsate or rotate or something?

Yes it was pulsating different colours (yellows, oranges, reds, pinks, purples, blues & greens) around its sphere & about 2 times per second whilst emmiting a very quiet deep low electrical pulse sound, the colours it was emmiting was as if it was like an electrical /magnetical sort of glow in the dark, the sphere itself was like a light metallic surface that was glowing like a blueish bright white light. I am so relieved that someone else has seen something very similar, as most of the reports are about triangle, tube & saucer shaped UFO's.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by catgtr33

Yeah what I saw pulsated blue, yellow, green and then a brilliant white colour. I also just remembered that I saw mine in the same year as you witnessed yours. Maybe we saw the same thing

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Forgot to say that i wish i was a bit closer as I couldnt tell whether it was metallic or not, all I know is that it wasnt a conventional aircraft.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I believe your story and know how you felt. I had a similar experience in 1995 but not quite as close an encounter as yours. In my case a group of us went off to Bonnybridge (UFO hotspot ) to see a UFO. After some time sky-watching we sat in the car, bored, and just about to leave when I looked out the window to my left and saw a huge, watery-blue, ball of light "roll" up the fields towards us. I screamed my head off and the driver took off, fast as hell, away from the scene. It turned out I was the only one who saw it but I'll never forget it, and the feeling was of genuine terror. When I saw the light it was twi-light, not yet totally dark, but a minute after we took off the sky was jet black. ???? My son was there too, aged about 9 at the time, he didn't see it either but years later he said he did and described it to me exactly. Very strange.On another big sky-watch a couple of years later, we were travelling home alone after waving goodbye to all the other cars and I remember saying to my partner "look at that train light, isn't it a lovely colour, it's gonna overtake us in a minute." There was a dark green light with a large green ring halo travelling along with us about 100 feet away. It was stunning but I was convinced we were driving parallel to a railway track. A friend told me later that trains definitely don't have a single green head-light. The trouble after that sighting is my partner has no memory of it at all and I can't for the life of me remember where we were, but I know it happened.There's some very strange things afoot at nights when most folk are bedded or locked up behind their curtains, that's for sure.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by wigit]

I think your probebly right about the night part, I had never seen anything until I spent the whole night out in the middle of nowhere!

It's certainly not something I would usually do, we were just having such a good time fishing out there. Part of me would like to go back there and camp out for the night with a video camera to see if it would show up again, but I think I have always been too frightened to do so!

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   

reply to post by catgtr33

Yeah what I saw pulsated blue, yellow, green and then a brilliant white colour. I also just remembered that I saw mine in the same year as you witnessed yours. Maybe we saw the same thing

WOW! That's a pretty cool coincidence!
Maybe it was the same UFO!

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Perhaps you all are aware of this already, but most of these accounts read very similar to this footage:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by electricfunk
Perhaps you all are aware of this already, but most of these accounts read very similar to this footage:

www.youtube.com...

Wow that sure looks similar to the picture she had, what do you think catgtr33, is it the same?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

It is a star.
color changing=atmospheric change
shape changing= cloud passes

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by commodore64

www.youtube.com...

It is a star.

Yes thats very possible! I didn't realize how far that was, the way he zoomed in made it appear closer and bigger. Its probably a star.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
www.metacafe.com...

Ok was this like your UFO catgtr33. It doesn't seem to be a star, it flashes too much.
It looks just like your description!

[edit on 9-9-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The first video was similar! the second video was creepily similar to what I saw!!!!

I even got chills down my spine, that was so eiree. But these vids didn't get as up close and personal as I did, the pulsating multi coloured light is the same and the the white light eminating from the center is spot on but up close these things are a metallic sphere, sizewise aprox 5-8 metres diameter, the white light glows from the centre of the sphere as if it's white hot and the pulsing colours coming off it are like electrical energy. But mine did not change shape like the first video! I cant see how a sphere could do that unless it was an unstable alloy with shapeshifting capabilities.
Thanks for finding these vids!!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   

It is a star.

I find that highly unlikely. If it is a star then we should be observing countless videos of this effect. I suppose the real test of your theory would be to simply go out at night and zoom in on a star and see if you get this weird plasma type colour effect. Hey, I might even do that myself and post the result. Venus would probably do. Also, if it's a star then the "shape changing" structure is far too small and defined to be clouds.

new topics

top topics

join