It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Original Mars Photograph(s) Interpretation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
So I'm another geek on here obsessed with the possibility of life on Mars so here is my take on a number of photographs.

First of all, I'm not sure what NASA's official take on whether or not water was present at one point in time or not. So completely forgetting that NASA has an opinion at the point, I believe I have found complete proof of water and would like to share it with those of you who don't dig through the many photographs of Mars. I am only going to show you one picture, however what I am about to say is present in hundreds of photographs. I remember as a kid learning about the Nile river in Egypt (another one of our favorite places). Anyways, the river splits off into many little water trenches that were used for irrigation. What I am about to show you is the obvious remains of a giant water source. Take into consideration these pictures were taken from space orbiting the planet.

River splitting into many channels from a pool of water:
ida.wr.usgs.gov...

The second thing I noticed was that some of the craters have a strange dent in the center of many of them. I will be providing only a few photos once again, but what I am saying is extremely controversial. I believe these are all places where "Flying Saucers" have landed with decent force, causing these mini craters. Considering the dusty surface of Mars this is extremely possible. Many of you will disagree with this controversial explanation of the repeating hole in the center of many of the craters, however I believe it is where the propulsion device is on the saucers, and that is where the surface has not been compressed downward as much. Otherwise please provide your explanations of why this would have happened with so many different craters?

Photographs of "meteor strikes", only with a strange shape in the middle of each crater:

ida.wr.usgs.gov...

ida.wr.usgs.gov...

ida.wr.usgs.gov...

Welcoming all opinions...

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
i am obsessed with the universe, and i think whoever does not believe mars has water is a moron, alot of pictures are to proof it, even on wikipedia where nasa and cia edit stuff are picture that show water or proof of water on mars.

about the alien landing sites,, i dont know, some are double impact craters first a big meteor,then a small one, also i think the moon, and other moons has similar craters, so i dont think is safe to say every moon and planet with craters in the solar system are alien landing sites.

nice pictures!! thx for taking time to make this post.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Of course features on Mars were made by water. I don't think there is any doubt of that. There have been flows of water on the surface as recently as five to seven years ago, according to NASA. (Podcast)

(Transcript of Podcast)

This image has a great explanation of ancient water on Mars and how it formed surface features:

Image 1

Here is an article from 2004 that speaks about ancient water on Mars and how they verified it.

[edit because my stupid laptop is dying and it keeps moving my cursor to places it has no business being while I type. ]

[edit on 25-8-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I have been studing the red planet for a very long time now. I have found what I believe is a bug flying on the surface of Mars from Spirit.
Link to bug image

I believe, now with the new images of liquid on Mars, that life is there. More than we know of.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
So what does the bug eat I hope it likes dust ha ha. well it could be a bug but thier are alote of other things it could be like dirt on the lens or a U.F.O. or a bird.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I have ruled out this being dirt, if it was dirt then there would be alot of dirt flying in the air considering how big the bug is. Also when zoomed in on you can see the left side of this bug is blurred and the right is not. I believe it is caused by wings fluttering.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm sorry to say, Stari, that it looks like lens dirt to me. Even if it were something being blown through the very thin Martian atmosphere, it doesn't look buglike to me. IF there was insect life on Mars, it probably wouldn't resemble our insects at all. But that being said, an insect's wing is translucent; it would not show up on the film as a solid black like the blob in the picture you provided.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
The second thing I noticed was that some of the craters have a strange dent in the center of many of them. I will be providing only a few photos once again, but what I am saying is extremely controversial. I believe these are all places where "Flying Saucers" have landed with decent force, causing these mini craters. Considering the dusty surface of Mars this is extremely possible. Many of you will disagree with this controversial explanation of the repeating hole in the center of many of the craters, however I believe it is where the propulsion device is on the saucers, and that is where the surface has not been compressed downward as much. Otherwise please provide your explanations of why this would have happened with so many different craters?

Photographs of "meteor strikes", only with a strange shape in the middle of each crater:

ida.wr.usgs.gov...

ida.wr.usgs.gov...

ida.wr.usgs.gov...

Welcoming all opinions...

Well, I am not so sure those strange shapes in the middle of the craters are "dents", so much as they are peaks from the original meteor strike. Those peaks or rises are very common in a lot of craters due to the way the meteor comes in and strikes, and heaves the landscape.
Check this page out to see what I mean:
www.uwgb.edu...

Check the "Central Peak" (especially), and the "Peak Ring" type (not so much) crater formations on that page for a possible explanation of the "dents" that you are referring to.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Much of the imagery in teh OPs linked photo's represent electrically machined rilles. They do not look even close to geological in origin, and represent nearly identical images to what we see on the metal contacts on a plasma generator once it has become etched.

Mars is a planet that had almost all magnetism drained from it in the recent past. This event left the Valles Marineris and Mons Olympus as a scar (an etched rille and a blister dome), covered the planet with iron rich "blueberries" formed from hematite, and altered the planet adequately enough to lock all moisture within the soil.

We have images right here, right now of standing water and flowing water on Mars. ArMap even showed a waterfall. If you want to see some, check the Forest on Mars thread.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
how does one drain the magnetism from a planet?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drzava
i am obsessed with the universe, and i think whoever does not believe mars has water is a moron, alot of pictures are to proof it, even on wikipedia where nasa and cia edit stuff are picture that show water or proof of water on mars.

Look a little harder. Nasa has in no way edited pictures to hide evidence of past water. On the contrary, they have confirmed it. A very simple search will show this. Why goto wiki? Just goto the Nasa rovers page and read their articles. Water is the official line from Nasa, not the opposite. Your kind of misinformation is how people start to form conspiracy theories.

about the alien landing sites,, i dont know, some are double impact craters first a big meteor,then a small one, also i think the moon, and other moons has similar craters, so i dont think is safe to say every moon and planet with craters in the solar system are alien landing sites.

Yeah, those are 100% normal and predictable impact craters formed just the way the pictures above show. They are not double impact craters, though, however your gut feeling and logical thinking that these are normal was correct.

To the OP, be careful of looking at geologic surface features and thinking they are formed by water. There are many planets with flowing liquid (i.e. titan) that is not water (liquid methane, etc) that will form pretty much the same type of surface features as you would expect for water flow. This is not the case with Mars, as I bleieve all those features are indeed carved out by flowing water, but in the future check out the planet's vitals to determine if in fact water could even be a liquid on the surface. I only say this because of an argument I got into over Titan photos that showed familiar liquid erosion type surface features.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

new topics

top topics

join