It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skinwalker Ranch/NIDS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This might not be the best place for this thread so please move it if need be, mods.

I was reading up about Skinwalker Ranch and something occured to me- why do NIDS keep that place so close to their chest? I've been reading that there are high levels of security in place now- why?

Have they found something there that could have major importance?

I'm still fairly new to this UFO angle (I've only ever looked at it briefly in the past) so if anyone could shed some light on it, I'd appreciate it

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
man this is gonna sound too skeptic, but this ranch is just a redneck freak show, they need tourism, and people r willing do anything to attract people.

just what i think

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
high security? thats a joke, trust me i would know. Nothing about the ranch impressed nor frightened me from a human perspective. The entities on the other hand are quite a different experience.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
You've been there then?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This is quite a coincidence, I've recently returned
from Idaho, Wyoming and Utah. I was quite close to
the Vernal ranch and I was curious to see if anything
was going on.
It's true about the redneck freak show, they were
toothless, in-bred and ate roadkill with gusto (I think
that's a type of sauce).

Seriously though, there was nothing... because
werewolves don't travel through time portals
and eat cattle, thats just a story.
Why do they tell kids that?
because most of the time it's true.

Although there were reports of strange objects
around the Medicene Wheel near Sundance...
I heard a photographer tried to take some shots,
but as we know...
He never could shoot straight, not from the very begining.

For a minute there I thought we were in trouble.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I'm afraid I don't entirely follow your post.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I'm afraid the security is a little on the subtle side. Not to say that as soon as you actually step foot on the actual ranch property they wouldn't know. But, they will most likely not bother someone in the perimeter. Although there are tales of imprisonment and unjustified harrassment, proximity is key, and it is possible to get into where the action is without actually stepping foot on the actual ranch property. I can also attest to hiii_98 in his comment that he is familiar with the area. He is. Check his post he recently added: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The ranch, the basin it is in, and the ridge plateau above it are all amazing. The entire area is riddled with paranormal and cryptozoological activity, not to mention a long history of these occurences. The malicious paranormal "presence" will know you are there long before the security.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
In response to drzava, these people don't want anyone around period. I don't know where you have gotten your information, but NIDS would rather no one ever visited the area, let alone the ranch. And yes, of course there may be rednecks in the area, if this bothers you, you'd be better off staying away as well.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I thought I read that the NIDS had been stripped of most personel due to lack of para-events at the ranch. Their website hasn't been updated since 2004.
NIDS Letter October 15th, 2004

Long Live the SkinWalker

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Wicked STar you are very right. However, beginning in january 2006, there has been a resurgence of activity at the ranch as documented on Coast to Coast. Things are looking up again. I for one believe things are coming back. Actually I know they are!

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by theutahbigfoothunter
In response to drzava, these people don't want anyone around period. I don't know where you have gotten your information, but NIDS would rather no one ever visited the area, let alone the ranch. And yes, of course there may be rednecks in the area, if this bothers you, you'd be better off staying away as well.

Thanks for your posts, but *why* wouldn't they want anyone around?

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
That's great to know utahbigfoothunter. SWR has always been an fascination of mine.

new topics

top topics

join