It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't they just contact us?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Sometimes Occam's razor cuts too deep...

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It is interesting the number of 'credible' witnesses that are coming forward recently. They include astronauts, high ranking military officials, politicans, police, and lately even governments.

I too have seen many unusual things in the sky, although most can easily be explained, some have not. Satellites are a common thing to see in the early evening. I would love to see an indisputable UFO, but as yet I have not. Any reasonably intelligent alien would simply camoflage their ufo by putting a blinking red light on it.

If the government(s) are in contact it would give some sort of rational reason for the push to one world government. It's clearly obvious that the world is not ready for global government, or even regional government (NAU), which among other reasons is why I'm against it. The other main reason is that I am quite certain we will end up with something less than our current constitution.

It's possible that the governments are currently slowing releasing information on the existance of aliens so we won't be hit with it all at once. Still until they come right out and say there are aliens, it will all be speculation.

In answer to the original question, we all know that the first thing aliens say when they arrive at a new planet is 'Take me to your leader.". They don't want to talk to the peons.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Anyone ever consider the idea that "they" are "us"? That man discovers the ability to manipulate space and time? That through these scientific discoveries they are able to travel through time? That through time travel they discover that man is the real problem. Like member cloakndagger posted:

The reason they do not show themselves is because man is violent. It's just that simple.

That in their research into the historical developmental stages of man as a species they come to realize that the only way to guarantee survival of the species is by intentional manipulation of our DNA to purposely form a perfect being such as themselves?

My personal interpretation is that the current high number of visitations (as evidenced by the thousands of pictures and videos now available on the internet) on a world wide scale is that they are VERY interested in this time period. It is my personal belief that in the developmental cycle of the current human species, we are about to encounter the biggest and most important lesson. I think we are very close to an all out nuclear exchange. Only the destruction of the majority of mankind is capable of teaching us a lesson. Throughout our history, the horrors of war have only served as a reminder for a generation or two. A nuclear human holocaust will leave a horrible reminder for literally thousands of years.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Chances are they don't exist. If they do exist, chances are they can't contact us. If they both exist and can contact us, chances are they don't know about us. If they exist, can contact us, and know about us, there are so many reasons NOT to make contact. If we were behind technologically (no guarantee) then they would have little to gain from us, but would do a great deal of damage by establishing a relationship.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
With decades of sightings, all it takes is for ONE of those sightings to be the real deal. Those are pretty good odds imho.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I was talking with a group of people a while ago about this very subject, 'why dont they come down and visit us ?'.

The best reason that was thrown up is that 'they', were not 'they' but US, they were us from the future. It would make sence, the reason why at absoluty no point they can make contact with us, for risk of damaging the time line. The chance of seeing our selves back in time would be too great to refuse if we learned time travel, and most of these 'Aliens' that people see look very huminoid.

What you all think ?

Take Care, Vix

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vixion

What if for "them" to exist they must make attempts to alter the time line?
What if the bible itself was an attempt to alter the time line by periodically contacting man, then the contactee wrote the particular passage in the bible as an attempt to educate man on "how to behave" to avoid imminent destruction because historically speaking humans have always been violent? What if future man invented a creator for us to be guided by and to fear?
By now, "they" would have realized that their brave attempts have been futile. That man's destruction is in fact imminent. That the only way to guarantee the survival of "some form of the species" is to alter the current form of man so as to make him not so violent with himself?

[edit on 1-9-2007 by j84867]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
If a UFO were to land in aunt lizzys garden she wouldnt beam with joy, shed get a heart-attack. thats the simple and short answer to the thread-question. think about it.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
If a UFO were to land in aunt lizzys garden she wouldnt beam with joy, shed get a heart-attack. thats the simple and short answer to the thread-question. think about it.

i dunno, the amount of de-sensitizing most people have been through about "them aliens" would probably not be as large of a freak-out as it would have been earlier.

it would depend on the media and how it "announces" it.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I am gonna point this out again, because all the answers imho are in this thread here..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
For anyone interested in the possibility of "them" being "us", some educated folks have done some research into the subject of a multidimensional visitation hypothesis.

Jacques Vallee

This person was one of the few investigators to begin serious research into the UFO phenomena. The french character in Spielberg's Close Encounters of the Third Kind was based on this guy.

There also are scientific/mathematical theories that support a multiple worlds theory as well as time travel. To further peak an interest:

Hugh Everett

Space Time Geometry

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Direwolf

Need to know basis ? We have the "right" to know ,but clearly we don't.

A lot of explaining from the Governments/Military and "Them" on introduction eg: Why the abductions ..

Stats on missing people under 18 years of age ..never mind those 19 and older.
The U.S. Department of Justice reports

www.missingkids.com...

* 797,500 children (younger than 18) were reported missing in a one-year period of time studied resulting in an average of 2,185 children being reported missing each day.
* 203,900 children were the victims of family abductions.
* 58,200 children were the victims of non-family abductions.
* 115 children were the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping. (These crimes involve someone the child does not know or someone of slight acquaintance, who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.)

That leaves us with 420,000 missing children..so all these missing were also kidnappings that went wrong,murders by human or did they also have a cut in on it ..let's give "them" say 5% blame = 21,000 missing by their doings ?..would we ever know,Stupid example ,still makes me think though.

They would need to soften us so we would accept them with open arms & in a non hostile way ..give us a taste of a better life,technology "rides" as mentioned in one thread ..the usual tit for tat.

A lot of preparing before a red carpet landing ,but then again they are probably amongst us..i will think about this if it ever happens or cross that bridge till then i'd shut up.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
It need so be said that the simplest answer to the reason they don't contact us if that they just aren't here, have not been here, and wont be here for possible thousands of years.

Sometimes that needs to be considered when people wonder why there is no credible evidence of aliens after 60 years (and no, blurry photos and shaky video don't count, neither to wacko cultists and thousands of pages of useless eyewitness testimony)

To take the leap of faith that the lack of evidence point to some "NWO" or some secret all knowing "cabal" with an agreement between themselves and hundreds of alien species is jumping off the edge in the face of reason in my book.

Your name says it all in my oppinion...

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Direwolf
There are all kinds of conspiracy theories about how the government is hiding the truth about UFOs and aliens, but what about the aliens themselves? They can come and go as they please, so why don't they just land and say"HI, we were in the neighbourhood and decided to stop in for coffee"? What is stopping them from making first contact with the general public? Does the UN have some secret treaty or is the US government behind it? Or maybe they are just waiting for something. What do you think?

we have contacted you, you're just to *SNIP* stubborn to listen

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jimjamjerry

I'm not to stuborn to listen, as shown by this reply. I'll listen to anyone who is willing to discuss in a pleasant, reasonable fashion. I'll even listen to those who are screaming and ranting, if only to find out what all the noise is about. I listen to my dog when she wants to be let out, and I listen to the birds in my yard as they comunicate to each other in their melodious way. I don't understand them, but I listen.
I'm sure that most of you who have dealt with animals of various types and have communicated to them and understood what they were comunicating to you in their own limited way.
Comunication is both verbal and nonverbal(actions and behaviour) and in some ways is almost universal. Stand still and slowly show both palms at your side and every one knows that you mean no harm. Raise a fist and it is a provocation to possible violence.
I am well versed in comunication, and willing to comunicate with any intellegent being that is willing to comunicate with me.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

UFO = Unindentified Flying Object.
You should use the term ETV which means extraterrestrial vehicle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join