It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't they just contact us?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

To make a difference in the world they would truly need to bring a large number of them

how do you work that out? all it would take is one ET with the knowledge that could save us and pass it on. No need for mass landings at all. In fact they dont even have to come personally just send us the info in a radio transmission.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
You guys need to be talking about certain species , The good ones are the ones i hope you are talking about who you want to land , The reptilians are the ones i think might be working inside the governments witch are the bad ones and i think they are the ones who are trying preventing us from comming in contact with the good ones.

I think at one point the government was in contact with the good ones , But the good one's told them they must stop the way we live and change every thing But the government dident want that so , with the techno the good ones gave the government , The government came into contact with the reptilians and now reptilians and the government's work together.

OR the other explanation is bad governments that work with the US , Have been replaced OR always have been Reptilians and the good E.T's never knew that so they started helping them and such and they found out they where reptilians and now they are fighting a galactic war or some thing.
And i think in the future the good ones will come into contact with there children and get there forces on this earth to start moving " star seeds " " indigos " and battling the reptilians.

Let me know what you guys think , Im up for good or bad comments because i know im along the right lines. No comments can hurt me to so go ahead .

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
And when you pass an anthill how often do you take time out your day to attempt communication? That is a good representation of the facts.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
...because out of all the planets, stars, stellular bodies, comets, meteors, and all that other great stuff would aliens choose earth?

actually credit to original poster. thats a very valid point i hadnt exactly thought of in that form. props

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
...because out of all the planets, stars, stellular bodies, comets, meteors, and all that other great stuff would aliens choose earth?

actually credit to original poster. thats a very valid point i hadnt exactly thought of in that form. props

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
They don't contact us because a thread on ATS not to long ago asked "What would you do if a grey was knocking on your window?" The answers revealed that almost all posters would shoot first and ask questions later.

If we as a society are trained and manipulated by media to alienate each other and fear anything different or abnormal, how can we possibly expect aliens to make first contact?

[edit on 29-8-2007 by Ellipsis]

[edit on 29-8-2007 by Ellipsis]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I see your point about the post on greys knocking at the window. I was a bit surprised at the amount of violence that would be offered to them.
So what do we do to get their attention and encourage them to come visit? I know that there are already Alien landing pads and such built by some of the more fringe beleivers, and if I was an alien there's no way I would go there. What could we do to let them know it's OK to come visit as long as they behaved themselves. How do we "leave the porch light on" for them without becoming a fringe beleiver ourselves?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Why aren't we able to communicate with other lifeforms on our own planet as well as they can communicate with each other? For example whales etc. We can send expeditions to other planets yet I doubt we could communicate with them if we can't even communicate with life forms we are in constant contact with. Just because you may be a more an intelligent life form doesn't mean you can easily communicate with less technologically advanced lifeforms, let alone more advanced ones.

Maybe to them we are like whales making screeching sounds and they they tried to figure out what the heck we were trying communicate but couldn't comprehend such primitive communications techniques like sound and written communication.

Maybe to them they can transmit information amongst themselves at such a complex and high speed rate, our communication patterns are too slow and not descriptive enough for them to make any practical use of.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Forlon]

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Forlon]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I personally believe that intelligent life may be more rare than people think (as evident by LONG periods in this planet's history where there was no intelligent life, only animals) So I would assume any space faring species that finds it would without a doubt introduce themselves.

But then again, if 1 out of million habitable planets have intelligent life, then there is still a HUGE number out there.

Maybe no civilization lasts long enough to defeat space and time?

[edit on 30-8-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Direwolf

They will contact people that have peaceful intend and purity of heart.
If you think you are in a Zoo and the only thing you want to do is to take picture of them, or if the only thing you care about is to get a ride on a spacecraft, you can kiss goodbye you chances to have a close contact.

What is really Ironic is that, they have contacted people already, but nobody wants to listen to the contactees.
ETD.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by ETDisclosure]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
To the OP, You know that one person in your town that has the reputation of being a psycho maniac and everyone avoids, Everytown has one. Well to the aliens we are that psycho, would you wanna come knocking on that persons door and disturb them in the midsts of their weird freaky agenda only to have them kill you for no reason except making contact.... theres your answer.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The reason they do not show themselves is because man is violent. It's just that simple. The only time I think a real big showing will happen is when we have already launched a full scale nuclear war that could wipe the planet out. That is when they will get involved. They will make every ICBM worthless because they can disarm them in flight. Men will really loose their EGO because they will realize they are not top dog. Might as well take those weapons and turn them into farm equipment and do as Thomas Jefferson would have done and that is create a agrarian society.

The only way to get the rosette stone from them is peace on earth. This sounds far fetched but there are men working very hard at this. They are called the New World Order. They already know this and that is why they want to create one religion because this in itself would stop most of the killing and strife.

I personally feel man will never stop killing each other unless there is intervention from them at some point. If you want to know how I comes to this information then I will say it's intuition along with much reading into the subject. In other words it just my guess. Your turn.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by PureET

I hope you're right. Though it seems as if we're going in for a bumpy ride after the stock market crash and wont simply lead from one thing to the next. I have a feeling that alot of people are going to die before this happens.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

how do you work that out? all it would take is one ET with the knowledge that could save us and pass it on. No need for mass landings at all. In fact they dont even have to come personally just send us the info in a radio transmission.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by yeti101]

Sigh

Firstly how do you know they use radio transmissions to communicate?

Secondly how do you know they use sounds to communicate?

Thirdly even if they could achieve both how do you know even with their supposed vastly superior technology they could make a differnce.

Fourthly if you received a transmission from an alien source would you believe it was from an alien how would you know?

Fifthly how are they meant to know who to send this transmission to?

Maybe they understand that the world is very complex and the human species very complex and all our problems cannot be simply fixed overnight with a few radio transmissions.

Maybe they aren't even carbon based, maybe they cant even survive on our planet.

Maybe their societal structure is much different (alien) to us and they don't fully understand how ours works. Also since our structure is in constant flux over time it may be impossible to understand how our society works in order to get the message across to the right individuals to make a difference.

Maybe they've figured all this out and contacted our leaders who for their own reasons have said no its not a good idea to make contact publicly. Where not ready 'religion and science goes out the door' as stated by a poster earlier, or 'people will go our government has been lying to us for years!!!!! Hang on does that mean theyve been lying to us about other things i.e. jfk, 9/11 add that to science religion becoming obsolete you have a situation X scenario.

Yes there are many hazy pictures and shaky video of phenomena up in the sky and in space does that prove aliens exist? No, but it may be our way of dealing with things we don't understand similar to religion answering questions like 'how we came to be' and 'what is our purpose'. Unlike religion at least we have these hazy pictures and shaky videos.

Now lets put two and two together more people are getting cameras, technology is increasing dramatically. Cameras are getting better, taking higher resolution video and photographs, data storage is greatly improving. More and more people are getting the internet where data transfer is greatly improving. So sooner or later someone is going to take a very nice photo of phenomena and it will spread like wildfire all over the net. The days of hazy photos and shaky videos are numbered.

Also there are thousands of videos if not tens of thousands of videos and photographs of unusual phenomena taken every year all around the world. Now im not saying that these are aliens but they certainly cant all be hoaxes because their just isn't enough people with the knowledge and the technology to be able to do that. So lets acknowledge that their is undeniable phenomena in our skies and space that needs investigating. Lets acknowledge that we are only going to get alot more photos and videos of this phenomena in the future as well as an increase in quality and distribution of this media.

So why havnt they contacted us? Well can you contact an ant and say hello? Im sure the fact that ants posses less senses than we do may be part of the problem in trying to communicate with ants. So if we can acknowledge that many animals lack senses or quality to there senses, similar to a dogs sense of smell compared to ours or a birds vision compared to ours. So its not unrealistic to say that aliens may have much more evolved senses meaning they have more complex ways of communicating compared to us rendering it impossible for good communication to happen.

We farm cattle, do cattle understand whats going on maybe they are doing the same thing to us. Not slaughtering us but manipulating us and we don't even realize it.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by blahdiblah]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I like this guy, lol........

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
It need so be said that the simplest answer to the reason they don't contact us if that they just aren't here, have not been here, and wont be here for possible thousands of years.

Sometimes that needs to be considered when people wonder why there is no credible evidence of aliens after 60 years (and no, blurry photos and shaky video don't count, neither to wacko cultists and thousands of pages of useless eyewitness testimony)

To take the leap of faith that the lack of evidence point to some "NWO" or some secret all knowing "cabal" with an agreement between themselves and hundreds of alien species is jumping off the edge in the face of reason in my book.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
We don't deserve to be contacted by an advanced race... unless they contact us to tell us to get our act together. We have much potential, but sadly our aggressive nature still gets the best of us. I do believe we've made progress in the past few centuries. At least we can make scientific discoveries now without fear of death because it contradicts the common religious beliefs.

Humanity is still growing up, just a bit too slow for my tastes.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

So I would assume any space faring species that finds it would without a doubt introduce themselves.

Why would you assume that?

But then again, if 1 out of million habitable planets have intelligent life, then there is still a HUGE number out there.

Where did this statistic come from? Have you been studying the demographics of millions of planets?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Good for you. I KNOW I saw some lights in the sky too on several occasions. But I can't tell you what they were, never saw the same ones twice, and can't imagine jumping to the conclusion that they are aliens.

So youve seen strange lights up in the sky that youve never seen before and didnt ever see again so you thought to yourself well they cant be aliens. How about going 'What the heck was that?' Your not going to find out much with dismissive thinking.

We, The Star Children, will change the world, as it exists today. We are going to make it a better place to live, and the Universal knowledge will return. For ever.........

Please, if you have even the smallest shred of verifiable evidence of your outrages claims, present them to us and enlighten us all. I rest my case.

Its easy to pick on a dreamer.

Here's a suggestion for you go and watch the secret Nasa transmissions. Things you should look for: objects, phenomena whatever you wanna call it making sharp turns, appearing and disappearing, moving in circles, moving back and forth. Now I'm not suggesting that these are alien craft but I'm suggesting they are certainly intelligent phenomena, due to their movement like that in space which is far beyond anything we can do. Oh and these are NASA transmissions not some shaky, hazy camera of a conspiracy nutjob. So theres some evidence for you.

Maybe these are the lights that you see up in the sky that you cant explain, but you mustn't jump to conclusions and think that they are aliens.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
And when you pass an anthill how often do you take time out your day to attempt communication? That is a good representation of the facts.

A few posters have made comment about Anthill, Cattle etc however if you walked past a anthill and saw that the ants had Mobile Phones, Motor Cars, Aeroplanes, Space Rockets, Nuclear powered Submarines, Huge Particle accelrators, Electricity, Television, Internet, Radio, etc etc etc etc.......... What would you do then????

I know i would definitely try and communicate. See its not as if we are cave men grunting and walking round with clubs bashing each other on the head. We are an intelligent species who have evolved from being cavemen into something extraordinary even compared to just 200 years ago

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
You must be confused about my post, as I have NO idea how to respond, lol. And try not to lump a quote from the "starchild" dreamer guy and make people think I said something that goofy, lol.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join