It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't they just contact us?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
There are all kinds of conspiracy theories about how the government is hiding the truth about UFOs and aliens, but what about the aliens themselves? They can come and go as they please, so why don't they just land and say"HI, we were in the neighbourhood and decided to stop in for coffee"? What is stopping them from making first contact with the general public? Does the UN have some secret treaty or is the US government behind it? Or maybe they are just waiting for something. What do you think?

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
some say there is a NWO, alien pact or something, i really dont buy it.

i think they dont contact us because they dont really care about us, who wants to hear about paris hilton or little bush, if i were a alien, and i could travel the universe at light speed, i will stop in earth just to take a crap

[edit on 25-8-2007 by Drzava]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
i see two scenarios happening (frm being here at ATS)
1. we all scream HOAX! ITS CGI! and go about our business.
or

thats why they wont show themseles, they know we're not ready.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Probably for the same reason our Palaeontologists do not always contact primitive tribes they are watching.
And for the same reasons we don't talk to ants in a nest, or bees in a hive, or cattle in a field.
Get the idea??

Further, maybe they are - but just not contacting people like you & I.
Why should they?
And if you were in government, do you actually want me to believe that you would be 100% truthful about everything? I doubt it.
Secrecy is necessary - we do not have a "right" to know.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by neil wilkes]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It need so be said that the simplest answer to the reason they don't contact us if that they just aren't here, have not been here, and wont be here for possible thousands of years.

Sometimes that needs to be considered when people wonder why there is no credible evidence of aliens after 60 years (and no, blurry photos and shaky video don't count, neither to wacko cultists and thousands of pages of useless eyewitness testimony)

To take the leap of faith that the lack of evidence point to some "NWO" or some secret all knowing "cabal" with an agreement between themselves and hundreds of alien species is jumping off the edge in the face of reason in my book.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
It need so be said that the simplest answer to the reason they don't contact us if that they just aren't here, have not been here, and wont be here for possible thousands of years.

Sometimes that needs to be considered when people wonder why there is no credible evidence of aliens after 60 years (and no, blurry photos and shaky video don't count, neither to wacko cultists and thousands of pages of useless eyewitness testimony)

To take the leap of faith that the lack of evidence point to some "NWO" or some secret all knowing "cabal" with an agreement between themselves and hundreds of alien species is jumping off the edge in the face of reason in my book.

Ever watched the stars for a whole night? Well if you didn't, i really suggest you should do once, and if you'll get no result, do it again next week.

I see them all the time, the white orbs up in space. If YOU are going to tell me that I saw something that does NOT exist, then you are a perfect example of an ignorant, selfish, and debunking person who only cares about money, food, and himself.

I know what i saw, and nobody on this planet, and not even on the other ones, can convince me that it isn't true. And that includes YOU!

And if you think you are smart enough to say that our Brothers & Sisters do not exist? well my friend your days are numbered...

We, The Star Children, will change the world, as it exists today. We are going to make it a better place to live, and the Universal knowledge will return. For ever.

We are the Chosen Ones that will fire the Grid of Peace, Love, and Understanding.

It won't take long for us all to see that this is not another "Once upon a time" story, because They are coming!,

As soon as the Earths financial market has come down and the Bush party is gone, our Brothers & Sisters will return!, And you my friend, if you at that time are still as ignorant as you are now... You will be left behind to learn another Era of hatred, deceipt, and selfish times.

But ofcourse you can always stay in your little ol' dream of yours and stay ignorant. It saves a lot of energy for you!..

But the fact that we just don't know about their presence is mass-hysteria and power.

The government DOES know about aliens and their space-crafts, we've seen reports about that. Reports witch in is stated that UFO's often were mistaken for missiles or aircrafts from russia in the cold war.

So it isn't the quistion why don't they just contact us, but WHEN will they contact us..

It's only a matter of time before they come forward, and then everything will change.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by PureET]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I personally think E.T. have already made contact with the U.S. government in the 50's. During this contact period things were discussed as to if the general population was ready for such an anouncement. THings like religion,the freak out factor and the total decimation of science as we know it are the main reasons why we are not ready. Until the world realizes religion is a bunch of hogwash we will never be ready for contact.(don't get me wrong I believe in a god/creator just not any of the judeo/christian/islamic/hinduism crap out there) I mean come on do people actually beleive they will get virgins in heaven and they will be recycled over and over again or rot in hell forever for saying a few curse words but wait isn't god all forgiving. Just a few examples of how ludicrous the religous thinking is in this world.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If you were part of an extraterrestrial species interested in this planet that understands that the governments of that planet are hostile towards your presence that can and will shoot at you. Would you act overtly knowing that you would be killed and silenced before hardly any human knew you were there or would you work in secret?

It's my opinion that this secret is held up no only by our own governments but ETs themselves. Though I think it is for reasons having to do with hostility on the parts of our governments who refuse to work peacefully with any extraterrestrial race.

Why would our governments be so hostile that they would sooner kill and cover everything up? It has to do with control of the planet itself. Human history shows that primitive civilizations get assimilated into more advanced ones as they come into contact with them. It is likely extraterrestrials have lifestyles and culture so different from ours and most likely far better that our governments understand they would become extinct overnight if humanity knew we could be living better than we are now by following extraterrestrial examples.

ETs knowing that their very presence can get any human they come into contact with in a ton of trouble with our governments seek to make their contacts as safe as possible by acting as secretively as possible. Going to far as to hide the memories of their human contacts just to ensure their contacts don't have to go through any earthly government interrogation/torture or death.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by Frith]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PureET

Ever watched the stars for a whole night? Well if you didn't, i really suggest you should do once, and if you'll get no result, do it again next week.

Sure do, I am am avid amateur astronomer that spends many nights "looking" up with some very fun toys.

I see them all the time, the white orbs up in space. If YOU are going to tell me that I saw something that does NOT exist, then you are a perfect example of an ignorant, selfish, and debunking person who only cares about money, food, and himself.

Dude, I don't know what your seeing. I'm not saying you saw something that didn't exist, but how do you know what you saw was an aliens being's spacecraft? Every now and then I see some funny lights up in the sky while I'm observing, but I don't take the leap into thinking that they are freaking aliens for crying out loud. Why, why would they be floating around up there with their lights on.....to screw with us? Do they even remembere they left their lights on?

I know what i saw, and nobody on this planet, and not even on the other ones, can convince me that it isn't true. And that includes YOU!

Good for you. I KNOW I saw some lights in the sky too on several occasions. But I can't tell you what they were, never saw the same ones twice, and can't imagine jumping to the conclusion that they are aliens.

And if you think you are smart enough to say that our Brothers & Sisters do not exist? well my friend your days are numbered...

And this is where you start loosing me.........(along with a lot of other people I am sure, lol)

We, The Star Children, will change the world, as it exists today. We are going to make it a better place to live, and the Universal knowledge will return. For ever.

Ah....o.k. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

We are the Chosen Ones that will fire the Grid of Peace, Love, and Understanding.

It won't take long for us all to see that this is not another "Once upon a time" story, because They are coming!,

As soon as the Earths financial market has come down and the Bush party is gone, our Brothers & Sisters will return!, And you my friend, if you at that time are still as ignorant as you are now... You will be left behind to learn another Era of hatred, deceipt, and selfish times.

But ofcourse you can always stay in your little ol' dream of yours and stay ignorant. It saves a lot of energy for you!..

But the fact that we just don't know about their presence is mass-hysteria and power.

The government DOES know about aliens and their space-crafts, we've seen reports about that. Reports witch in is stated that UFO's often were mistaken for missiles or aircrafts from russia in the cold war.

So it isn't the quistion why don't they just contact us, but WHEN will they contact us..

It's only a matter of time before they come forward, and then everything will change.

Ah, so as soon as Bush leaves office then they will present themselves, lol. I've heard a lot blamed on that guy (he is the scapegoat for ALL the worlds problems....how convenient for many conspiracy nutjobs)

Please, if you have even the smallest shred of verifiable evidence of your outrages claims, present them to us and enlighten us all. I rest my case.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
If they don't want to land, then they can get about a couple hundred ships and just fly over the world in a UFO type parade for EVERYONE to see.
The first sign of hostile action take off at 9000 miles an hour and don't come back for a 1000 years. They haven't done this yet, i assume they are not interested in us at all, just mildly curious.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
OK now guys lets set you all straight here .

The earth has been in contact with E.T's since ancient times intact they have seeded this planet with life. There are some regular humans on this planet AND then the hybrids who will come into to play some time in the future aka "indigos" "Starchildren" "Starseeds" And all the other of hundreds of names for them.

You look into ancient art , Sculptures , Paintings and EVEN ancient cave wall paintings theres plenty of proof the human race on this planet through all the years there have been intelligent dominant species on this planet have been in contact with our makers.

What do you think almost every religion refers to ?!?!? You read through it again , Jesus " Indigo " " Mary's " " Son " has artificial insemination written all over it. The indigo's / alien hybrids on this planet who where born the regular way just visited in some way i am not aware of and changed from birth , will have powers To change the future.

How do you think jesus came back to life ?!?!? He was eather cloned or brought back to life with some kind of techno or some kind of gift .

We have learned almost every thing we know from them , AND my theory is that they have been helping the governments of this world ( in the past 50 or so years ) . I think they traded techno for the governments to bring peace BUT the governments dident hold up there part of the deal and now they no longer work together and the governments OR just the us government is warding them away with some kind of techno the E.T's have told them how to build to protect them self's from OTHER bad E.T's because we are in the dawning age of visiting other planets and now we will be noticed across the galaxy's . How the hell do you think we went from Stupid small things like the light bulb to very advanced computer systems , robots and FREAKING flying cars in no time ? WE HAVE BEEN HELPED. yes we have invented things on our own but they have been stupid small things that have been improved with E.T techno.

You will see in the next few years Reality is not what it seems .

Dont take my advice to heart im just letting you know , WHAT I KNOW .
You dont have to believe it . Id rather you find your own reason to belive what im saying is true and your own proof.

......: Do not think for your self :......

you may awaken in a world that you do not understand

[edit on 8/27/2007 by D3C0D3]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
So every single one of the "Roswell Witness's" are liars? Even those who confess on their very deathbed about it..c'mon...if I was dying the LAST thing that would worry me is to make up some cock N bull story..believe me neither would you..

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I think the truth it's SAD, in a way or another: they does not contact us because they does not exist or they are not our friends.

It's VERY simple.

Secret pact with us? who are the us for aliens? world it's FULL of countries and governments, do you REALLY think that EVERY country in the world wants/have intrest in mantain a so big secret, even if they're gaing nothing from it?

And even if they made some of these secret agreements with sort a of secret human elite, this is under the 2nd case anyway=they are NOT our (the entire humanity) friends.

Simple....

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
they dont even have to come down in person. All they need to do is send a radio signal to the acribo telescope when seth shostak is on shift. They could be millions of miles away or parked on the moon.

I think the reason they have not made contact is becuase they are not here and have never been here...ever

So every single one of the "Roswell Witness's" are liars?

most of them yes at best maybe a couple of them were just mistaken and let their imaginations run away. In the end roswell is a crock of #.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think the answer is that they already have contacted us. They have been contacting us since the dawn of civilization and humans have recorded it through cave paintings, paintings, ancient manuscripts, pictures and video. We also have eyewitness accounts from Presidents, military, pilots, high ranking government officials, police officers and more.

I think the question is why havn't they landed at the White House and held a press conference alongside President Bush. I think once we have advanced past a certain point with technology they will. Dr. Michio Kaku says theirs 3 types of civilizations and we are still type 0. So we are like a curiosity to them until we reach a certain point and I believe some of them have tried to guide us in the right direction. I think the Bible is a message from beings called the Elohim and they traversed the skies in what we call U.F.O.'s.

I think some don't except this because of their personal belief system. They can accept black holes and virtual particles even though theirs more evidence to support U.F.O.'s than their is for these things, but these things don't threaten one's belief system. U.F.O.'s add uncertainty and raise questions, most secularist, atheist and skeptics believe in death because death is the only thing that seems certain in this world of uncertainty.

The thing is the world is uncertain because we can't see past the boundary of our bubble universe. So some people put their faith in the one thing they see as certain within our bubble universe and that's death.

So they have contacted us and the evidence is clear that they exist, it's just you have to see past a pre-existing belief system.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by polomontana]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Dr. Michio Kaku says....

just becuase Dr.Michio says something doesnt make it fact.

So they have contacted us and the evidence is clear that they exist

orly? and what did they say when they contacted us, and who did they say it too?

I think the question is why havn't they landed at the White House and held a press conference alongside President Bush

i think a more realistic question is why havnt they sent us a radio signal to communicate with us and let us know they are here?

your best evidence is ambiguous cave drawings? you probably go for UFOs in old artwork too? sprezzatura.it... educate yourself

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Try putting yourself in their shoes.

If I were an alien, and I come to planet earth what would I see. I would see a barbaric species called human beings who show no sympathy for others of their own race. They are all selfish creatures who kill each other for their own agendas and I would not want anything to do with them. I would feel they are a threat to other alien civilizations at the same or below their own evolutionary level if they were to ever develop interstellar travel (especially if they brought nuclear weapons with them). I would want to work on covert missions to keep this species grounded to earth, or at least within this solar system until the species grows up as a whole and learns to get by their differences.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by curiousbeliever]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
curiousbeliever- then the aliens must be more cruel than us. watching all the suffering on planet earth which they know they could stop but just dont do anything... nice aliens.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
They could be preparing a mass landing. To make a difference in the world they would truly need to bring a large number of them instead of just the small scout ships that come by. I don't think it's a coincidence that UFO sightings increased in 1947 because of the development of nuclear weapons. Those were probably just scout ships. They may be devising a plan to save earth but it will take some time to transport enough 'troops' to make a difference. If a mass landing doesn't happen within the next 5 years then I don't think there are benevolent civilizations out there who want to help us, because they've had plenty of time to create a plan to save us.

Then again... maybe they've just evolved to the point where they don't see death as a bad thing... as in they know exactly what happens to a being after one dies and it isn't necessarily bad. So some highly evolved benevolent species may just choose not to interfere.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by curiousbeliever]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I really think it'd be chaos. For most people, anyhow. The Welles broadcast of The War of the Worlds and the effects keep coming up, and that's what might happen. It would completely change how we think of the universe, life, and the country. Leaders might make 'last ditch' efforts and war with other countries, fighting may begin on a city level, the Earth might go mad!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join