It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Antlantis located at The Canary Islands ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Hi all,

What do you guys think about this spanish legend.

The guanchos the native people of the Canary Islands believed it and told the Spanish when they conquered the islands.

As the legend goes, many islands, among them Tenerife, were the uppermost peaks of Atlantis, a continent that sank under the ocean in a catastrophic event which left only the highest mountains above sea level.

It is also believed that nearly 3 million years ago the island known today as Tenerife was three separate islands with three mountain ranges: the Anaga, Teno and Valle San Lorenzo. Then, as the consequence of a remarkable volcanic process, they melted together forming the island of Tenerife

From wiki about el Teide volcano

El Teide is a volcano on Tenerife, Canary Islands. At 3,718 m (12,198 ft) above sea level - (the actual summit stands 3 m (10 ft) higher than the triangulation station and associated bench mark which has an altitude of 3,715 m (12,188 ft) ), and approximately 8,000 m (26,000 ft) above the adjacent sea bed, it is the highest mountain in Spain and the highest mountain in any Atlantic island.

The island of Tenerife itself is the third largest volcano by volume on Earth making Tenerife the third largest volcanic island on Earth. Teide is also the third highest volcano on a volcanic ocean island. Due to its eruptive history and location close to population centres, the volcano has been designated a Decade Volcano worthy of close study to prevent future natural disasters.

en.wikipedia.org...

This only adds credibilty to the legend because how could those guanchos now that it was such a dangerous and big volcano compared to those other thousands around the globe.

What do you ATS think about this legend?

Nando out!

[edit on 8/25/2007 by PPLwakeUP]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
i am from spain, and i hear this legend before, man maybe there are more than one Atlantis, it doesnt have to be the Atlantis, maybe is the new Atlantis, or some other name, so i think instead of looking for the atlantis, we should look for more than one submerged city.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hola Amigo,

De donde eres DrZava?

Since the last big eruption of El teide was 3 million years ago it has to be the old atlantis because there is no evidence of a sunken continent in the last ten thousands years I believe around that area.

Nando out!

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I have in my possesion something that will help with this thread to a much further degree, but since I am currently extremely beset by all sides, at the moment Ill give you this:

www.edgarcayce.org...

take it as you will, until next time

:-)

new topics

top topics

join