It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God;s dictatorship

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
What I don't understand is why God has made it so easy for one human to kill another.

Everywhere we look we see murders, war crimes, genocide, state executions (well mainly the US and the middle east), we have revenge killings, gang shootings, school yard stabbings... terrorism (whether that be a fanatic flying a plane into a building or a cowboy dropping a cluster bomb on a village).... We have chemical and biological agents...

Killing is almost rewarded, like in the army you will get a medal, in the police you may get a promotion, in gangster and gang lifestyles you will earn 'respect' and cash...

Our everyday life is drenched in violence (comic books, horror films, war books, the news, the radio, the television, movie posters... etc etc etc...)

Our history is ravaged with the tales and legends of billions of deaths from wars to hangings... from revenge attacks to holy crusades in the name and image of god.

Now, how can a God allow this to happen if supposedly he is a merciful and loving god?

Why would god allow this to happen?

Free will? If so then that proves that it is in our nature or our programming to kill... For instance I imagine 99% of people on this forum would attack a known child molestor who had broken into your kids bedroom. What if you killed him?

Who is the bad person? You or the molestor? After all you would be the killer, but you would be the one acting in defence of an innocent...

Okay, maybe I'm going off track a little, but surely if God really existed, wouldn't he change our coding to spare the innocent or is God not as merciful as we make him/her/it out ot be?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Originally posted by thedigirati

Is it just me or did the words change? Drzava did NOT say religious (with an S) nonsense ( semantics, maybe, but ....) he said Religion ( look no S)

Yep you got me. My grammatical error has been busted. I suppose I fell for the "old trick" .

A religion is a set of common beliefs and practices generally held by a group of people, often codified as prayer, ritual, and religious law. Religion also encompasses ancestral or cultural traditions, writings, history, and mythology, as well as personal faith and mystic experience. The term "religion" refers to both the personal practices related to communal faith and to group rituals and communication stemming from shared conviction.
en.wikipedia.org...

When typed into Wikipedia religion/religious are the same interpretation.

people, is just my opinion, i really dont care what people believe or whatever, i just want to express myself, if thats wrong i then okay i wont do it anymore

Actually Drzava, please bring your opinions to the board. That is exactly what this site is for.

also please do your research, i have read many books, watch many movies,etc etc about the nazis, and if u do some research u gonna see what i meant

As have I. But it would seem you know something I don't. Are you refering to extremism?
And I do read the news and current events quite often. I never read where David Koresh or Charles Manson claimed to be the anti-Christ /satan, or the messiah. Could you provide a link please.

And for the record in case you are pondering. I am not religious in any sense of the word. Yes I do believe in God. And I will agree with you that "religion" is an institution for man, created by man.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
interestingly the bible itself predicts in the last days, men will renounce and curse God. Well look whats happening.

God made freedom, man or alien or whatever, used it, twisted understanding of it, and sent you on your path to hating God, or not believeing, giving them the effect they so desire. All they care about is that your soul isnt continuous. With God your soul is continuous. As love drives us, and is what the bringer of life is.

Jesus or God chose perhaps this time that he would be crucified, or maybe we are just misattributing. But I will not get swept away so quickly by a cruel, and undermining secular world especially when I know most all christians and most muslims are not insane warmongering people, they have been duped because of their kind naivite into believing false things, because they dont look into things or trust the wrong people.

I know this because im a secularist believer in christ..not a christian. And I know christains arent he liars you claim them to be..so I would say stop witnessing falsely and stop generalizing the whole of something becasue you are thinking of pat robertson or some other schmuck who tells lies for satan.

God made the lion in the jungle, the lion is free, the elk is free..nature isnt.
Mans nature is to dominate and compete, thats why we should be hunting like the indians, rather than waring with eachother.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Here we go with more Christian and/or God bashing. Don't people have anything else to do?

As a Christian I think of myself as thoughtful, honest and respectful of others. I am also a man of integrity and love. Oh yea, I'm also prone to mistakes and screw ups and occasionally find myself trying to stretch the truth so as not to hurt people (which never works). I've also displayed my stupidity right here on ATS occasionally. This makes me fallible like everyone else.

Yes, there are many that do wrong in the name of their belief or "religion" but we must remember that as human beings we are quite fallible. That being said, we can't throw away our Faith just because someone/some group has done the wrong thing in the name of something good.

Seems it's open season on Christians (I can only speak for my Faith) here at ATS and that hurts me deeply. I would much rather you insulted me than my God and my Faith.

My country was built on Christianity and it seems that all people talk about is how terrible the USA and Christians are. If this country is so terrible then why is everyone trying to get in here? Many to the point of risking life and limb.

I don't know whats going on anymore....I've about had enough of it all.

JMO

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastermind77
...... But I will not get swept away so quickly by a cruel, and undermining secular world especially when I know most all Christians and most Muslims are not insane warmongering people, they have been duped because of their kind naiveté into believing false things, because they don't look into things or trust the wrong people.

in this case you need to look long and hard in a mirror, your argument falls on it's own face, you are doing the exact thing you claim others are

Originally posted by mastermind77
I know this because I'm a secularist believer in Christ..not a Christian. And I know christens aren't he liars you claim them to be..

I re read the entire post and couldn't find anyone calling anyone else a liar, did I miss something? I think they "claim" is religion is false in and of it's self, regardless of which one it is............

If a theory cannot evolve it must be rejected............. Life is Not static, why does religeon have to be?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
people i know this thread was really bad, what people understood is not what i believe, i can see why people misunderstood my post,
i wanna say i am sorry i posted this post,
i wanna ask u now, it will be okay if i re-do the thread, with me real words, not the words of a sleepy man in a rush?

god's dictatorship II?

ps"i wrote it all wrong, and i am sorry for that.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by Drzava]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
To the OP --

But there is not one single idea of God that is forcing you to worship that single idea -- that WOULD be a dictatorship. Instead you are FREE to believe in any god you choose (or choose not to believe). The God in which you choose to believe could be a loving and respectful God. Nobody can force you to think any particular way.

[edit on 8/26/2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

Sorry but I do not consider wikkipedia a source because I can go in and change it so they are NOT the same. and if they are the same then lots of things are wrong

Religion

Religious

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

if u invent ur own god then that mean god is man made, false hope, what the hell is that?

also god in religion force u to believe, if not u go to hell. is on the bible, about the golden bull and moses,.
it puts fear on you, u follow me or u go to hell,u are gay u go to hell
u know how many live religion ruin? gay people who feel rejected by society because of religion, some norway gay guy killed himself because he was catholic and felt like he was rejected by his own god, wow amazing religion is

again if u create a god, is false hope a false reality etc etc, if ur fallow religion's god,, all of the above

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Drzava

Drzava, go on with your thought man, I think I know what you are trying to say, but I will Never presumed to state it for you, try to make it as clear as you can, I know English is not your 1st language but take your time an state it as best you know how, I will try to help you with clarity as best I can if you want me to, if I mis state it please, correct me....
in other words, "dude, I got your back"

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
reply to post by PureET

Just as a note. I don't believe in god. I was simply asking you to be a WEE bit more respectful of those here that do.

Thanks,
Jasn

Also, I'm not saying I disagree with you. I'm kind of 50/50 on your views. Organized religion was definitely formed as a state of control. A tool of those in "power" or "smart" to keep those that aren't so smart from taking the power back.

Jasn

Belief in (a) god (of your choice)= Faith
WHAT you believe ABOUT that god = religion

And I must say that I agree with your statement re: organized religion...definately a tool of control.
More misery has been visited upon mankind in the name of religion than any other reason.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thedigirati

I am sorry thedigirati, but after reviewing your links I fail to understand the ultimate difference between the two. But then again I suppose we are playing a game of semantics that really has no contribution to the thread. Seeing as how we are not going to gain any ground by analyzing word origin, I concede on this matter. Thanks for the civil discussion. Hope to see you around.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Hi Drzava, Your obviously buying into what the bible says hook, line and sinker. As far as I'm concerned the bible has been so contaminated over the ages with dogma and doctrine and the true teachings of Jesus have been taken so out of context that it's impossible to know what's true and what isnt.

One thing I do know, fear is not a teaching of Jesus or God. Fear is a product of religious institutions used to control the masses by getting them to buy into fear and guilt, so they are easily controlled.

You have free will and the only limitations you have in life are the ones you impose upon yourself. Your mind is your own. Dont poison it by buying into all that religious dogma and doctrine nonesense. Instead be positive and strong and above all else believe in yourself.

I've had a near death experience and numerous outter body experiences and the first thing that struck me is that when you leave your body there is no fear, just complete elation, joy and pride because you realise your connected to everything including GOD. It's truly a liberating experience. No fear or worries, just complete bliss and that is what GOD wants for everyone.

I think religion tends to get a bad rep, supposeldy being responsible for all the wars and suffering in this world which might be valid to a point but it's completely unfair to put all the blame on religion. If it weren't religion it would be something else.

I've just been playing pro evolution soccer online and you wouldn't believe how serious some people take that game. The amount of abuse people hurl at each other is unbelieveable and they would probably even resort to violence if it were possible. To some people this game is a religion, hence the reason why they take it so seriously.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Its easy to believe in god (a god, god(s), your fuhrer AUCTUNG), takes the hard work of reasoning, logic, and responsiblity of life!

Living in the land of the free, thank god, (har har har loving using "his name in vain") I have the freedom to talk about this out loud and not be quartered for being a unsaved infidel. If only I was living in Spain during the inquisition (being sarcastic of course). Anywho, religion has, and always will be a power structure to dominate. It noes no borders, and controls all aspects of life (however insignificant it may be) because it has been manifested into "normal" society. The ultimated social condoning example. Think, just think. Why do billions (and I do say billions) of people believe? its easier, and what they were conditioned into from BIRTH. There is always been, and always will be a power struggle via religion. Its the deepest, most sacred believe to people. Be cautious to who you talk to about it. More people are in it deeper than others.. just like people on the site about Reptilians, am I right?
Here is my .02 about this... We are socially conditioned to accept a higher power, so those in power or dreaming of power, can use it to climb to the top and DOMINATE. Hell, I would if I was in that position.

Also, just to add... I have mad respect for all who poor their hearts out here. Its not easy to talk about your deepest convections.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

for clarity sake I think ropaq50 made the distinction better then my links did.

religious = belief in God

religion = what God is about

you can be religious with belonging to religion

religion is understanding what God wants (thru) fellow man, which gives power to others

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Their is only two ways to go on the GOD/higher bieng thought..

You can not believe and at your death that is it, lights out. But if their is a god this way also will lead to hell. Both are pretty bad options if you ask me.

Second, if you do believe in GOD, and lead a good life, the worst that can happen is lites out, no hell.

I like my odds better than all of the ones who think they have figured it out. At least I got a 50/50 chance. But you all go on thinking you are smarter than a supreme bieng that created the universe and all of the things around you!

Ya, your the smart one!!!
:lol

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by redseal

Ah, good old Pascal's Wager.

There's a good breakdown of why this is a logical fallacy on this site.

Another one here, but you may find the site offensive. I personally found it most informative, but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drzava
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

if u invent ur own god then that mean god is man made, false hope, what the hell is that?

also god in religion force u to believe, if not u go to hell. is on the bible, about the golden bull and moses,.
it puts fear on you, u follow me or u go to hell,u are gay u go to hell
u know how many live religion ruin? gay people who feel rejected by society because of religion, some norway gay guy killed himself because he was catholic and felt like he was rejected by his own god, wow amazing religion is

again if u create a god, is false hope a false reality etc etc, if ur fallow religion's god,, all of the above

You are completely right about this.

Like I said, religion is created to control us, as you stated, to put FEAR in us.

We FEAR hell, so we'll try our best to get into HEAVEN. That we try to accomplish by sing songs about god, don't do bad things like beying gay and all!

Cause if ya'll do.... u gonna go to hell!!!! for sure!

C'mon what kind of "good" god is that? Where is the loving in that?

Aren't straight and homosexuals the same persons?

I really hate the pope for saying that people in afrika shouldn't use condoms, ?because god said so!? Jeez, give the guy a bullet!

And take the vati's. They KNOW that how christianity and the bible is intrepated is wrong. But they won't do anything about it just because of the simple reason the ! ONE-THIRD of the world population is in fact christian.

How do you tell 5 billion people the god in wich they believe doesn't exist?

That's right, they won't.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by PureET]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I think god exists, but he is very different than what religion says of him. As far as I know, nobody got struck by thunder for doing something "bad" yet?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantix
I think god exists, but he is very different than what religion says of him. As far as I know, nobody got struck by thunder for doing something "bad" yet?

That's right,

God isn't a person or entity. God isn't the one judging you or your deeds.

God is the fact that everything exists, that we can make our own choices.

God is the energy that brings us together on this forum, the energy that drives us to do the things that we do.

WE are our OWN gods, we make up our own minds, and if we really do something bad, you WILL be punished.... BY YOURSELF!

You are the one judging yourself, am i right, am i wrong? What is right and wrong?

That's right, YOU decide.

Why can't people see that it isn't a god that they need, but only themselfs and their family!

Everyday 1/3 of the people on this planet pray to god that he will forgive them for their sins and bring them to heaven when they die.

Why not ask your brother for forgiveness because he's the one with a broken leg after that fight last night!!! (just an example)

So people need to see that they are the ones in control of their own reality and not the god wich they love so much.

YOU manifest the truth or lies, and YOU are the judge

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join