It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outcome of Dem. Selection for Nominee

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
My prediction of what the outcome will be like for the Dem. nominee selection goes like this:

Winner: Clark
2nd Place: Dean
3rd Place: Edwards
4th Place: Kucinich
5th Place: Kerry
6th Place: Gephardt (sp?)
7th Place: Lieberman
8th Place: Sharpton

Outcome: Bush vs. Clark

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I think Big Bird will come out on top...

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Who would be best against Bush, remember i'm not American, but if I was I would vote against Bush.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Leiberman. He's the guy who could turn my vote and make me vote Democrat. Dean is just too shadey, back peddaling and playing the crowd the way Clinton does (See Colonel's thread "Dean is the MAN"). Clark is too much of a novice to stand up to a campaign. He's already proven this in the primary, and the big guns will be pulled out come the actual election. Sharpton? Don't get me started on that racist. Don't know too much about Kerry or Gephart, or however you spell his name, but Kerry tends to put me to sleep...

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
What makes you put Kucinich so high on the list?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
That spells a re-election for Bush. I weep for the future.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
What makes you put Kucinich so high on the list?

I believe that Kerry will begin to even out and stay were he is in the polls and then Kucinich would get his turn and move past Kerry and stop there. But anything can happen!

[Edited on 16-1-2004 by TheCatalyst]

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
lol, just noticed your signature, TheCatalyst...could you possibly have an alterior motive for your prediction?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'm looking at it from the ouside, and people usually don't want to "waste their vote." It has nothing to do with issues, just to make your vote count. I wouldn't be so concerned but our economy is directly linked to USA. I think that the Dem.'s better get it together quick or this will be an easy win for Bush.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I'm looking at it from the ouside, and people usually don't want to "waste their vote." It has nothing to do with issues, just to make your vote count. I wouldn't be so concerned but our economy is directly linked to USA. I think that the Dem.'s better get it together quick or this will be an easy win for Bush.

See, now that's a mentality I've never understood. There's no such thing as wasting your vote. Every additional vote the libertarian party gets speaks worlds to the politicians who are in power. If there's a massive insurgence like there was...at some point in time (can't remember the year) when the communist party got over 1 million votes, politicians will begin changing some policies. Despite the fact the candidate you voted for didn't get in.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I see something building in the democratic party of late, especially with this Iowa Caucus. I think they may be about to get their act together and grow some backbones. Even the more conservative (aka pushover) dems seen to be getting more aggressive.

I say they should go all out and attack using every trick in the book. It would be a mistake to just focus on Bush. They need to attack his handlers, that's where the administration is weak...

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I say they should go all out and attack using every trick in the book.

That's the problem, they are on the attack and using every trick in the book...against eachother. They're doing Bush a huge favor.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This is getting interesting. More exciting than the last elections.

It's going to be tight. Kerry, Gebhardt, Edwards, and Clark are all gaining momentum. And there has been a lot of undecided who are picking candidates - and it doesn't seem like they are choosing Dean [in Iowa]. Say Gedhardt pulls Iowa, Kerry/Clark in NH, and we'll probably see a strong showing from Edwards and Clark in the south. Dean could lose at every turn. Though, I think Dean is losing momentum because he's been on top; he's being attacked. What happens if someone else is at the top. I think it will come down to Clark and Kerry. Clark has been iffy on the war and Kerry, imho, better represents most Americans who supported the war but thinks Bush was weak w/ post war planning. Kerry could use his war vote to his advantage actually. Kerry w/ Edwards in the VP spot could beat Bush, I think.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Dean will be the winner but diebold will choose Clark. It doesn't matter who runs against Bush he will loose.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Clark isnt in the Iowa caucus. Nor is Lieberman.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
What I find interesting is that despite all of the endorsments Dean's been getting, his poll numbers haven't improved significantly.

In the last few days Kerry has surged taking the lead in Iowa. It is VERY possible that Kerry could end up taking lead overall.

P.S.- Does anyone know exactly how they make the final decision for the nominee, and when? Is there a national vote or what? I never paid much attention to the process before now.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
That's the problem, they are on the attack and using every trick in the book...against eachother. They're doing Bush a huge favor.

True....unfortunately. If Dean does end up getting the nomination, the bashing he's received from the other dems may prove to be a mortal wound....so to speak.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is the problem I have with the American political system. We have everyone agreeing and nothing getting done. Doesn't anybody know that they have to be united to beat the GOP? Some should step down for the good of the country.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
considering a recent CBS poll found Bush to have 60 % approval rating, though I hate polls, does anyone really think he'll lose?? I mean, really?

I think he'll win, myself. BUT, I'd like to see a stronger Democratic party result from this election. We've seen some leadership emerge in Clark and Edwards, imho.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

True....unfortunately. If Dean does end up getting the nomination, the bashing he's received from the other dems may prove to be a mortal wound....so to speak.

Bush is throwing the election period. The immigration bill, the speeding money on space exploration with a deficit, etc. Clark and Kerry are the only 2 that have the nominations that matter. Clark has Clintons which means he has the Bush Families (see CIA mena) and Kerry has skull n bones. The policy in place will not be changed unless Dean does win but it won�t happen.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join