It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Social Change Happening In China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Major Social Change Happening In China

news.bbc.co.uk

The Chinese government says it is drafting new laws to tackle the growing gender imbalance caused by the widespread abortion of female foetuses.
The practice is already banned, but new rules are expected to set out specific punishments for parents and doctors.

China's Family Planning Association (CFPC) has revealed the extent of the imbalance - in one city there are eight young boys for every five girls.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.surreyleader.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The article says this will have unpredictable social effects, well duh. Eight men to five women, well it will be good for the women. But That many extra men of coarse its going to have effects, and I doubt it will be to much good. China has worked through all there other problems in one way or another in my opinion, so they will find a way to work through this also.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
More mens: more people in the army. Also, all those young males will have to get somehow brides... how could they have some? Move to another country, or invade another country.

Can a regular chinese move out of the country and never return or the chinese government doesn't allow it?

It will be either a search for womans in other countries, or a hell lot of world of warcraft players with no life...

Because IMO the Chinese won't change their behavior before it's too late, a society can't change that much in so little time, it never happenned in history.

[edit on 25-8-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The first thing I thought of was all those extra men with no brides for the army. They could go on a rampage and loose half a billion and still be strong. I really would rather have it they all sit at home a play war craft. However a very large number of men leaving the country could happen also.

new topics

top topics

join