It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright Flash?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hello Everyone,

I was recently down on my Boat in Spain, and I was out on deck one night, I was looking across the river we were moored up in, and just above one of the masts(about 20 feet above me) was a bright whitish-blue flash. It was only about a 1/2 of a second long, but it was very bright. The shape was blotchy(as though someone had spilt liquid on the floor).
There was no noise or shockwave, however before it happened I felt a strange build up of something inside me(I can't quite explain it, but it was an odd feeling).

My Girlfriend also saw the flash. And she said it was like nothing she had ever seen.

Does anyone know what it may have been?

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I have heard of people on boats such as fishermen, with rods in their hands, "feeling" static electricityin the air. That might explain the "feeling" and the flash? I don't know the details. Maybe because being on the water they aren't grounded? Anyone?
RR

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Sounds like you witnessed a Corona. They always seem to be described as blue. Not to be confused with the Corona's emanating from the Sun. I witnessed one that looked like a large sphere travel down a high voltage line in Wyoming. I think a mast would be a likely spot to see one. The one I witnessed traveled parallel to the power line about 10 to 20 feet above it. I've read they have been reported as UFOs by people who did not know what they are.
A photo

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hola amigo

En que rio y en que parte de España te encuentras?

FYI info SPAIN is now it´s party month(august) if youre even close to the Valencia region you hear day and night (and I am not kidding) fireworks.

And not only Valencia region but all Spains villages have their (santo) party in this month and especially around these dates.

And how recently wre you heer in Spain cause teh last few days have been f&%ked up the weather as been terrible a lot of (thunder)storms but here it can be clear weather with only few clouds and still emit lighting.

nando out!

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hola amigo

En que rio y en que parte de España te encuentras?

FYI info SPAIN is now it´s party month(august) if youre even close to the Valencia region you hear day and night (and I am not kidding) fireworks.

And not only Valencia region but all Spains villages have their (santo) party in this month and especially around these dates.

And how recently wre you heer in Spain cause teh last few days have been f&%ked up the weather as been terrible a lot of (thunder)storms but here it can be clear weather with only few clouds and still emit lighting.

nando out!

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
If there were thundersorms some distance away it might have been a jet or sprite.

Bright flashes can also be caused by meteors, and there has been allot of meteor activity in the last few weeks with multiple showers active.

What was the date you saw this?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
You might have seen an 'Iridium Flare' - reflected light from the solar panels of the iridum communications satellites. These are predictable and there's a site here where you can check for upcoming flares in your neighbourhood.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well I actually saw it about 2 months ago, and I was in the Andalucia Region,

The flash wasn't followed, or preceded by any noise, but as I said a strange feeling.

In the picture, you can see roughly the height it would have been at(a different boat though). It was spread out horizontally.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Doesn't sound like an Iridium - they don't flash, but instead they grow gradually brighter over a few seconds, and then gradually dim. You'd be able to track the flare as it dimmed.

Sounds more like a meteor - they can be horizontal. Did it leave an "after-glow"?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Nope, no after glow, just a weird buzzing feeling inside me, then the flash(it iluminated an area about 50 square feet around us), then nothing, and I was sort of looking at the sky, but didn't see anything(like a meteor), also doesn't a meteor usually make a noise?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I've found this video on youtube:

but i don't know if it's similar to what you've seen,
(it has been filmed in south America, Flight LAN PERU LP 427 Lima-Buenos Aires...)

[edit on 26/8/2007 by internos]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Not really, What I saw was more of a whitish-blue light, and it just flashed on and then off. I think that video may be something like C.H.U.D. was talking about.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ATS4EVR

Honestly, is the first time i hear about this phenomena...

And these?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Yeah, I heard about those "Sprites" before, I think there was a program about it years ago.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

And more info here...

(I hope)

www.esa.int...

P

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATS4EVR
Hello Everyone,

I was recently down on my Boat in Spain, and I was out on deck one night, I was looking across the river we were moored up in, and just above one of the masts(about 20 feet above me) was a bright whitish-blue flash. It was only about a 1/2 of a second long, but it was very bright. The shape was blotchy(as though someone had spilt liquid on the floor).
There was no noise or shockwave, however before it happened I felt a strange build up of something inside me(I can't quite explain it, but it was an odd feeling).

My Girlfriend also saw the flash. And she said it was like nothing she had ever seen.

Does anyone know what it may have been?

I think you saw something like this. In Peru during the recent big
earthquake a big white/blue flash of light was seen and videotaped
by a witness who said it came from the sea. Check the video and
tell me if this is what you saw. At second 0:39.
The Peru falsh is still unexplained.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
ATS4EVR - meteors don't usually make a sound, except in some very rare cases. They also do not have to leave an "after-glow", although bright meteors usually do.

From your description, this sounds like a localized event - a meteor would light up the surroundings as far as the eye could see.

The first vid internos posted is of sky reflections in water/wet-lands.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
free_spirit, it was very like this, but maybe not as big, and it was a flat(spread horizontally) flash, but that is the closest thing I have seen to it.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
free_spirit - that's a neat vid! It also seems reminiscent of a transformer blast. Perhaps this is what ATS4EVR saw... was the flash from the direction of land ATS4EVR? They can be seen for many miles...

IMHO the best way to to proceed would to be to do a google search, if you can narrow it down to a particular date. There are any number of things it could have been, and without more info I think it would be hard to find out exactly what it was.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If it was around July 26th, then it might have been connected with a bright fireball/bolide seen on that date. It was reported here: dnevnik.hr...

...but I think from Spanish waters may have been too far to see it. It was seen from as far as Italy though, so perhaps it may have been visible as an "over the horizon" blast from a very dark sky in the region of Eastern Spain.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join