It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Bombings Rock Indian City, Dozens Dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Terror Bombings Rock Indian City, Dozens Dead

www.cnn.com

NEW DELHI, India (CNN) -- The death toll continued to rise in Hyderabad, where two blasts Saturday night killed at least 36 people in southern India in what authorities are calling terrorists attacks.

At least 60 people were wounded, several critically, police said.

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh issued a statement expressing deep concern over the violence.

Police said the almost simultaneous blasts were coordinated attacks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
What a shame... so many killed or injured just for going to see a laser-light show.

I hope those responsible are found.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by theEnd2007
Honest johnsto77, do u really give a crap about those dead indians? I sure dont

Excuse me? They died in a senseless act of violence perpetrated by a group of coward pricks. I suppose you also dont care about all those that died in 9/11, the Omagh Bombing, the Beslan School attack, etc?

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Let's keep to the topic people.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Is this just a coincidence or do they always attack around this time of year? Do they have something special going on at this time of year??

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Is this just a coincidence or do they always attack around this time of year? Do they have something special going on at this time of year??

Perhaps it has to do with the heat, it is summer and therefore hotter than normal.

Maybe heat makes terrorists grumpy.

Honestly though, I've never actually thought about the timing of terror attacks.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hey theEnd2007... You sure are pathetic with a statement like that. I know this adds nada to the topic, but that post is deeply offensive and it's people like you that is wrong in this world. The post should be kept up, for others to see how narrow minded you are!!

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
They suspect a terrorist group called Harkat-ul Jehadi Islami that was involved in a mosque bombing earlier in the year plus another one called Jaish-e-Mohammed:

The Hindu

Though no terrorist group has claimed responsibility for the blasts, suspicion centered on the Harkat-ul Jehadi Islami (HuJI). Forensic experts who visited the site said the slurry explosive with metal balls was packed in containers and detonated with a timer. Both the blasts took place around 7.46 p.m. Chief Minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy, who rushed to the blasts sites, said it was a terrorist act and declared his government’s resolve to bring those responsible to justice.
Intelligence sources believe the blasts could be the handiwork of terrorist groups; the needle of suspicion in the Mecca Masjid blast on May 18 pointed to the involvement of cadres of the Harkat-ul-Jehad-i-Islami and sleeper cells of the Jaish-e-Mohammed outfit. The timing, venue and high intensity of the blasts indicated that a powerful explosive could have been used.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I dont see eye to ee with most Indians, especially after the baby fighting a cobra incident. but i do have to admit that no innocent person should suffer at the hands of terrorism.

We need Bush as the Indian President.
j/k

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
My god... there seems to be a lot of anti-Indian statements being placed here...

How can you not see eye to eye with most Indians just because of one incident? That'd be like saying I don't see eye to eye with any Americans because Michael Jackson nearly dropped his baby over the balcony (which would just be idiotic).

Let me assure you all, having experienced the beauty and warmth of India, this has upset me just as much as 7/7 or 9/11...

In regards to Theend2007's statements... You are a horrible person and are now forever in my foe list (assuming you aren't yet banned)... Let's just pray nothing as terrible as this befalls you and your family as the reality of such a terrible incident might then penetrate your stupidly thick skull. Idiot!!!

Anyway, back on topic: The BBC are now reporting that five explosive devices were used, with a sixth failing to explode.

Awful...

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Or maybe those posting anti-indian comments are brainwashed pakistanis or chineses hating indians because their government told them to do so? Who else in the world hate indians? Or those people just don't give a heck about their fellow human... which is sad.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
CNN reporting update:
www.cnn.com...

"Available information points to Pakistani and Bangladeshi groups being behind the blasts," Y.S.R. Reddy, chief minister of Andhra Pradesh state told reporters. The minister earlier said "this is definitely terrorist activity," and urged everyone to stay calm..."
and
-- "NEW: Local officials blame blasts on Pakistani, Bangladeshi militants

-- Authorities find explosives at 16 other locations in and near the city
However, no official statements have been issued from India's Home Ministry."

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
When this was breaking news(not sure if it was sky/bbcor UK channel 4)
There was an Indian security official being interviewed-and he was blaming "terrorists,spies and the Pakistani ISI.
Did anyone else catch that?
Only saw it once,as the story was breaking.No mention since.

Oh,hang on I tell a lie-found a link detailing the same:

www.ibnlive.com...

Interesting-aren`t we supposed to be allies with Pakistan,and don`t we work closely with the ISI through our Intel agencies such as Mi6/CIA in the WOT?
So our allies are implicated in a terrorist attack.Very nice.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'm Indian and I don't appreciate the anti-Indian comments but then again some people never change. The attacks in India are usually july-august because India's independence is in August. Usually Delhi or Mumbai (bombay) are bombed because they are close to Pakistan/ Bangladesh and major (westernized) cities. India has the second largest muslim population so it is more radicals. No matter how much the news tells you Indo-pak relations are good, they never are. Go to India and talk to people, their attitude will reflect that. The people however don't see religion as a factor as much, because muslims in India get along with Hindus and Sikhs and Sikhs in Pakistan get along with Muslims. Its more a nationalist/ radical issue. Mostly over Jammu-Kashmir
In other words: the hate isn't like it is toward America, it's more political there then religious.
edit: I know its political here aswell, but I mean the overall atitude of the general population..No way I can phrase that without sounding incorrect or wrong...but what I mean is that the people of India and Pakistan consider themselves to be brothers and sisters and then there are a few radical groups on both sides.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by Sntzaow]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hey Sntzaow,
Did you hear any reports linking the ISI to the bombs?
If so,what your take on that?
Thanks

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Pakistani sponsored terrorism (and yes that means CIA money) has been a long standing issue for decades now. While I agree with the poster stating Jammu-Kashmir as the central issue, I cannot believe religion does not play a part. Pakistani radicals do have longer term designs for India. This does not mean all Pakistanis are out to kill Indians, but some lunatics definitely are.

Most terrorist incidents ARE directly or indirectly sponsored by the ISI. There is very little else at the moment that could spark such violence. The Naxalite movemement of Andhra Pradesh is pretty much low key and the LTTE from Sri Lanka knows better than to meddle in India's affairs.

ISI have in the last few years formed links with the Bangladeshi Radicals - the very people India helped gain independence from Pakistan in '71 - to spread the religious hatred and violence. No matter who the perpatrator - Indian radicals, Bangladeshis or Pakistani spies, the chief instigatior is the ISI.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

The Indians have been giving all kinds of evidence linking Pakistan's ISI to terrorist groups like Al Qaeda for years, but the American PTB has had to look the other way. Who wants to alienate a partner like Musharraf who can be made to dance on a string. But this is where they have gotten it wrong! So WRONG!!! It s not Musharraf or the ISI who are dancing on the strings, but the master of the puppets themselves.

Simple case in point, it has been 6 years since 911, and Bin Laden has been hiding in Pakistan-Afghanistan border all this time, and there is no credible intelligence on him? Impossible to believe.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Does anyone actually know who is doing this and why?

Do the Muslims want India now as well?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bicnarok
Do the Muslims want India now as well?

I think tensions between Hindus and Muslims in India have been going on for centuries.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join