It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Michael Moore.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I raise a 'toast' or two to Michael

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
wow, historically here i am usually in the minority when I speak out against Moore, his propoganda, and his fictitous statistics. It's nice to see we're spotting ignorance wherever it is, no matter the ideology.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix And now, let's see the reactions of my fellow ATS posters.
This one thinks that political junkies are taking entertainers too seriously.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I think this is the first post where all 100% agree.

Micheal moore is an odd fellow that twist and distorts the truth to further his own twisted agenda.

That agenda is? I really don't know, bash america?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillerD
The Truth about Michael Moore

Michael Moore is a very deceptive Idiot. I can't believe some people actually take him serious

Great link!!

And next time? Strange though it might seem, Moore could help the President achieve a second term. There he stands, inciting his audience to ever greater heights of Bush-hatred. The snag is that, although this goes down a treat in cappuccino-sipping Berkeley, it doesn't play so well among blue-collar voters who think Saddam deserved to get his backside kicked.

Histrionic invective directed against relatively popular sitting presidents rarely pays off, as the McGovernites discovered in 1972 and the Clinton-haters did in 1996. The sheer incontinence of the attacks on Bush by Moore and his Hollywood friends could help deliver the Midwest to Bush.

And Bush knows it, too. There's a curious passage in Stupid White Men in which Moore confesses that, on the rare occasions he has met George or Jeb Bush, they have teased him in an almost affectionate fashion.

Indeed, the more vigorously Moore attacks the President, the better Bush's approval ratings. Funny, that. And Moore's lifestyle has been awfully lavish of late. One doesn't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but it makes you think, doesn't it?

They should have added how Neil Bush Funded Roger and ME. Also brought up Moores communist newspaper the flint vioce he had on the corner of lippincott and belsay rd I use to drive by it everyday this was before Moore was anything. Moore is a communist plain and simple he really honestly is. I know this first hand.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Here's a good article about Moore:

capmag.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
hey nice thread, it's about time .. deny ignorence

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Michael Moore is a boob. Hard to believe that he has so many believers.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
wow, historically here i am usually in the minority when I speak out against Moore, his propoganda, and his fictitous statistics. It's nice to see we're spotting ignorance wherever it is, no matter the ideology.

I had him in the sight but I wasn't finding something interesting to post. And when I saw this " anti "- Moore site, I knew it was THE good one.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

This one thinks that political junkies are taking entertainers too seriously.

And who is the entertainer ?

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
One man speaks out against the Neo Cons and this is what happens?

Isn't Bush a convicted felon?
If you can't vote how can you stand for election?

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Isnt michael moore the good guy?
I saw Bowling for columbine and i thought it was pretty good.

[Edited on 25-11-1989 by Monk]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
One man speaks out against the Neo Cons and this is what happens?

Isn't Bush a convicted felon?
If you can't vote how can you stand for election?

I agree with you 100% on Bush, but Moore is no hero. He has done more damage then good he worked to get Bush elected by helping Nadar.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Great articles!
Now if only those who actually agree with what he says would read the, and consider them.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88

You should see my past postings on him.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
michael is a greedy lying fat basterd

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by REASON
I think this is the first post where all 100% agree.

Micheal moore is an odd fellow that twist and distorts the truth to further his own twisted agenda.

That agenda is? I really don't know, bash america?

To make $, plain and simple. I don't agree with him at all, in fact I think he is full of s**t! I just think the guy is trying to make a lot of money. What better way to get attention than a little controversy. I just don't think his films should be considered documetaries though, it is obvious he usesonly what will prove his point while ignoring the rest.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
EDIT: There is a certain segment of society who are just so stubborn that they refuse to see the facts. I don't know if it's pride or what, but I'm just going to avoid this section of ATS because the people who hate Moore, won't admit he's right, even if he is, and it aggravates me to no end.

[edit on 25-6-2004 by curme]

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It really does not take much time at all to figure out why people would support Michael Moore. With the war on terrorism can anyone really be sure what the truth is? When we send people to kill people based on information that we later find out to be false, who do you expect people to believe? Michael Moore is presenting another point of view based on facts that will support his message.

Here is a little bit of truth for everyone, President Bush is not perfect, Michael Moore is not perfect, you are not perfect, and I am not perfect. What dose all of this mean? No matter who you are, given enough effort somebody can find a way to discreadit you. You can find facts to make Michael more look great, and you can find facts to make Michael more look like an idiot, a tard, a tool , a communist, or even a boob (wow). As for the communist comment Dirty Devil, you should give us more information as to why this was a communist paper. Unless Michael Moore named his paper The Communist Vocie I am going to need a little more than your word on the subject.

Lets not jump to conclusions about reasons why Michael Moore made this flim. Here is a little more truth, unless you personally know Michael Moore first hand (and only one person posting here claims to) you do not know why he made this film. Let me say this one more time there is no way you could know what was going through Michael's head when he made the film.

It dose not stop there, this is for everyone who believes every word Micheal Moore says. Take eveything with a grain salt because what Mickeal Moore says is bias and dose support his message. We just don't need all this hate.

All I want is the truth, if the is any left in this world.

jra

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Great post Styki. I don't hate MM nor do i really like him. I have watched F-9/11 and BfC. and i found both of them interesting. I think it's ignorant to believe that everything he says is a lie and of course i think it's also ignorant to think everything he says at 100% truth.

Of course his film is biased. What documentary isn't biased? Same goes for the news you see on tv. I think it's also silly to say he's doing it just for the money. Sure that's apart of it. What film maker doesn't like to earn money for there work? What person doesn't like to earn money for whatever work they do? Also i'm sure Miramax(sp?) and the theaters that play the film would also like to earn money as well.

But yeah i think all this MM bashing is a bit over the top. Even George Lucas didn't get this much of a thrashing by die hard star wars fans, for creating jar jar binks. And i think that's much worse

Wouldn't it be better to actually research the facts (or lies, depending on how you see it) that MM brings up in this film? And by research I don't mean finding websites that side with or against MM film, but doing actual research.

I say ignore sites that "tell the truth about MM" and ignore MM in general and focus on the stuff presented in the film. I'm sure with all the great minds here at ATS we can all work together and find all sorts of info. People from all sides of the table can present there info. Many arguments shall ensue i'm sure, but from there at least people can decide what they believe or not. Insted of reading some site that says "MM lies cause he's fat and ugly and a boob!"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join