It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Day In The Life Of Lombozo - I Wept

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Todaywas a turning point in my life.
I'm a commissioned salesman in the graphic arts industry. I sell printing.
The Summers are notoriously bad. Always have been, always will be. Things have been a little tight this year as we bought a new home, and used our 'Oh Sh-t' money fixing up the new house. Hey it happens. What are you going to do? Just keep on keepin' on and stuff.
This summer has been worse that I expected incoming wise. The bills though haven't let up - Funny how that works, eh?

Anyway, I have a Gibson, Les Paul Custom. She's left handed, and Cherry Sunburst. Best guitar I ever had. I bought her way back in 1979. Great guitar, There are so many stories that if she could speak, would enthrall for hours.

I don't use her anymore, so I decided to sell her to take me through until the 4th quarter of the year - which will be a great one, and I can catch my breath.

My son has alot of funny money. You know the bills you buy in the checkout aisle of your local stores. Anyway he came up to me and said "Dad, I want to buy that guitar", and gave me a stack of his funny money bills. I gave him the guitar, and he dragged it into his bedroom - YES it was in it's case.

About 5 minutes later he came running up to me and said "DAD! Come here a minute!"

He took my hand and walked me into his bedroom.

"Here Daddy! I have a present for you!"

My guitar was covered with tissues. I 'opened' my present.

"Daddy, I know you want this guitar, so I bought it for you! I love you Daddy! Daddy why are you crying?"

I'm still having trouble seeing the keyboard through my tears.

Jeezus god, I am the luckiest man in the world

Gotta go my friends.......

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Oh, man, that brought tears to my eyes too!

Your little man is a jewel. You are a lucky guy, my friend.

And thanks for starting my day off with a (rather damp) smile. Yes, it's true, skeptical old MM is a softy under the crust.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Buddy I didn't need any more tears today.
But at least these are happy ones....

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
OMG... man thats awesome!

Sounds like you have quite a little man there, I'll bet you're so proud.

Hang in there man, if you need to talk or vent, you have a lot of friends here.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I second that.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
you're a lucky guy to have a sweet lil' fella like that for a son.
my momma used to say (she passed away when i was 12)

"Julie, keep your chin up bad times will pass and be forgotten, the good times stay with you forever"

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
"If you want to know what kind of man someone is, ask his children"...

Don't let the passing time tempt you to forget this moment you've written about here, keep it with you always and believe in yourself. And when your son grows into a man you'll not only be proud of him, but he'll be proud of you. That is the measure of a man.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
DARN IT!!!!!

You didn't have to go and make me cry too.....

What a wonderful life memory made for you there my friend....

I'm going to sit here now for awhile and remember all of those wonderful times I had with my girls before they grew up....

Thank You for that Lombozo..

Semper

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Do you realize how hard it is to chew pizza while trying not to cry? LOL Another touching story Lombozo!!!

BTW do you have a keepsake journal for these stories for your son when he's older? Or for you, just to think back on things when he's grown. If not I highly recommend it.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I have to agree, lombozo, you need to start writing all these memories down.I wish I had done that.There are so many things I should have written down but didn't.Helps you through the bad times, and makes for good times when you both get older.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Man.. That was one of the most touching stories I have ever heard. Although money may be tight this time of year, it sounds to me as though you are a very wealthy man. Kids rule.

Have you considered pawning the guitar and buying it back when things pick back up? My friend pawns his Rolex that his dad got him, he always buys it back about a month later. Most shops will give you 3 months to buy it back before they offer to public sale. 79 Les Paul Custom, left handed no less, I don't want to even guess its value not to mention sentiments. If you can pawn it I would try that befere selling it, if you think you would be able to buy it back. Either way, Best of luck and sending very positive thoughts your way.

edit- spelling

[edit on 26-8-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

You're right. I am a wealthy man - (Well at least in the love and memories being made dept.). I sold her yesterday. Man it hurt so bad - but since it benefits my family, it was SO worth it. I can buy another one in another couple of months - In the grand scheme of things, it's NO BIG DEAL! One thing I do want to say though. Back in the early EARLY 80's I was playing at a popular club. I was the front man for a pretty good band. I 'played guitar', not very well - my gift was my voice. There were 2 bands playing that night. Mine, and another. Obviously, I never made it. The other band, let's just say an extremely successful band from NJ, were on the same bill. The other band who's front man now owns an arena football team, was their front man. He, who every woman swoons over, held my cherry burst baby way back then.
MM, AD, Elevated, DHR, FC, VCK, KO, SEMP - Thanks for recognizing this thread.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I've said it before, and I'll no doubt say it again, but you, Lombozo, are a true man. You will make whatever sacrifices you need to for your family, even giving up such a wonderful, unique and important artifact in your life.

I wish more were like you -- I wish my ex could take lessons from you.

Next person abducted by aliens, please tell them to harvest some of lombozo's DNA and clone him a bunch of times so that the rest of us in the world can have a chance at a good guy.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Aw dude, iam so feeling your pain right now.You know Iam here if you need.Yeah I know what band you are referring to.Wow, buddy.
Love ya big guy......

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Absolutely MM.No better guy.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
There were 2 bands playing that night. Mine, and another. Obviously, I never made it. The other band, let's just say an extremely successful band from NJ, were on the same bill. The other band who's front man now owns an arena football team, was their front man. He, who every woman swoons over, held my cherry burst baby way back then.

Oh man if I'd have known who held it, I would've bought it!!!!!!! I've gone to every concert of theirs and even bought a t-shirt of his team. Im hoping one day our two teams play and he is at that game. Swoon, definately.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
OK i am a big man and very tough at that but hey, i have a daughter of 6 months, and that story trashed my vision! I was trying to see through my eyes that appeared to be sweating in this heat.

Lombozo - you have friends - they don't pay the bills but they can buy you a beer and stand by you

Contrary to popular belief, REAL men cry!!

[edit on 27/8/2007 by shearder]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
You gals/guys are all the best!
It's so cool to have friends here on ATS.
Little lombozo might be my best friend in the universe, but you guys/gals are all right up there!

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

You interupted my broadcast of manlyness---->

Thanks for sharing that with us. We all have low points but it helps to share the good moments too! You are a valued poster...

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering

Thanks for sharing that with us. We all have low points but it helps to share the good moments too! You are a valued poster...

Hey, low points create character. It's all in how you deal with the situations as they arise. Sometimes life can bring you to your knees, but I'll always get back up.

DOn't worry about the lombozo man - I'll always land on my feet. (If my wife says it's ok......)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join