It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can hypnosis be used to induce mental abilities?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
mental abilities, to my study, are the effect of the subconcious mind onto the physical world, it is often recorded that it takes someamount of time to learn any mental ability, particularly telekinesis, due to the fact that your subconcious mind has to interpret your intent and their for induce it onto the world. but my recent speculation has been that perhaps this process could be speeded up potentially using hypnosis. i have read about accounts where someone was induced into hypnotic trance, and through suggestion was being levitated into the air. what are you guys opinions on this phenomenon?

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Are you talking about the creature from the id(subconcious), like in forbidden planet. Is that what you mean.

[edit on 8/25/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
why is this in science and technology?

although you can get into altered states of consciousness through hypnosis, i don't think you could achieve mental powers through it. As you said, "it takes some amount of time to learn any mental ability". I can do self-hypnosis and i do add this as a suggestion each time but nothing ever comes of it.

The subconscious doesn't communicate like we do in words, it communicates through images and emotions. But in hypnosis, you still have some consciousness which is why it works, because the conscious will translate the words automatically for the subconscious. An image is a visualisation which is a mental picture based on memory, emotion is energy in motion i.e. E-motion. So for me to move a pencil without touching it, i would have to visualise it moving, and also create the emotion, but it needs to be the right kind of emotion, and since i have never experienced moving something without touching it, i don't know what the emotion feels like. Your beliefs and mental constructs will also limit your ability to do this.

I think someday science will find the answers, and we will have technology that allows us to do those kinds of things. Then we will surpass the technology because we would have learnt how to do it, what it feels like, it will change our beliefs and we will no longer need the technology to do it.

new topics

join