It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re: Pyramids, Stone Henge, and moving heavy rocks...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
You guys think the stones of the Great Pyramid at 2½ tons are heavy or maybe some of the stones in the Valley Temple in front of the Sphinx at 200 tons? Ever heard of Baalbek in Lebanon? www.sacredsites.com... Some of those stones are around 1000 tons each! It would take a giant to move stones of that size.......or would it?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I think to believe we have any reliable understanding of ancient civilizations and the like is naive.
Follow me here...
There's sort of a desert belt around the earth - sw, c north america, north/most of africa, mid east, curving south to austrailia. Shouldnt these areas be plush, green, and teeming with life according to their latitudinal positions?
Consider the possibility that someone had taken issue with the ancient peoples for one reason or another and decided they were unfit for existence and adopted a "scorched earth policy". Perhaps some type of beam was fired from outside the atmosphere, descimatiing all it contacted. It may have started in sw america and followed the easerly route alluded to above. Ending up in austrailia, leaving behind nothing but the huge hole in the ozone which was left by the beam and a bunch of sandy earth (and some formidable stone structures).

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

You have no idea what your talking about. I went and lived with primative hill tribes people in N. Thailand for about 6 months, and I lived in the remotest part of that country for 4 and a half years. I've never met more lazy, unfit, and unmotivated people in my life. They had a hard time motivating themselves out of bed in the morning. The only thing they could do affectively was sleep, and eek out a pathetic existance.

Modern man, in western civilization is by far the most intelegent, motivated, and productive example of a human being.

Don't generalize that primative people are any more motivated until you've been around them. They are more like animals, doing only the bare minimum to reproduce.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The Dutch new stated earlier this week that Stone Henge was 300 years younger than we had believed till now.

The number of scelletons they found showing ilnesses would imply that Stone Henge was seen as "healing" place in that time

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Perhaps these heavy stones of the pyramids and stone henge were moved with the "Law of Sympathetic Vibration". Anything is possible.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
the egyptians ...levitated the huge stones for the pyramid by bouyancy .....lol in water...just like when when go swimming and we lift a heavy person in water its alot lighter. water also gives the ability to naturally be a actual leveling tool because of gravity. they flooded the inside of the pyramid when constructing and then just needed to build a water locks from the ancient lake moeris that was right next to the pyramid in ancient times to transport the blocks and also connecting to the nile etc depending on what area the blocks came from. lets not forget that there was found 4 boats on each cardinal point of the great pyramid because there was also a moat around the great pyramid possibly after constructing evident by the remaining wall that was never plundered for its stone for other buildings in the area.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Ok, here is a list of possibilities, from most possible to least possible, but still possible.
Pully system
Lots of people
Lots of people with the technology of aliens
Aliens
Supernatural(Possibility is 0)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join