It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are "Repugnants" Hell bound?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by enomus
from www.m-w.com

Main Entry: indoctrinate
Pronunciation: in-'dk-tr&-"nAt
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): -nated; -nating
Etymology: probably from Middle English endoctrinen, from Middle French endoctriner, from Old French, from en- + doctrine doctrine
Date: 1626
1 : to instruct especially in fundamentals or rudiments : TEACH
2 : to imbue with a usually partisan or sectarian opinion, point of view, or principle

i was more refering to 2.

i believe seapeople was trying to imply the 'fotunate' are more educated or intelligent because they're been given their information and views by the economic elite who have a big hand in shaping the education system in america. i was simply trying to imply that just because someone received a 'formal eduation' doesn't make them any wiser than the average man.

I know the meaning of "Indoctrinated," thank you. You didn't have to be an ass. Furthermore, I have quite an extended lexicon in my mental rolodex and a thorough dictionary right next to me so I don't need any help from the peanut gallery.

I was just wondering what you were implying in your prior response, i.e "indoctrinated into what." You simply had to answer that.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I know the meaning of "Indoctrinated," thank you. You didn't have to be an (c). Furthermore, I have quite an extended lexicon in my mental rolodex and a thorough dictionary right next to me so I don't need any help from the peanut gallery.

i don't like to assume anything...you asked a question, i answered it...next time i'll try to do that more to your liking...well no, that's a lie. i wont.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
That's right. Next time just say, "Yasm, massa." The guy just said that generally minorites were simply uneducated and you agree! Besides being patently racist, its also WRONG!
But, you don't care.

I agree, being patently racist IS wrong. I think being patently prejiduced is wrong, as well.

Out of curiosity, Colonel, do you not think minorities in general are undereducated? It's a financial thing, and the way america has set up it's social statuses, blacks and hispanics are, generally, forced to begin and stay in ghetto-like situations. And in ghetto-like situations, the education isn't the best. I blame society for it.

But I'd like to know, because I think our views will contrast here, what's the solution?

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Well said, seapeople!

That's right. Next time just say, "Yasm, massa." The guy just said that generally minorites were simply uneducated and you agree! Besides being patently racist, its also WRONG!

But, you don't care.

Racist...of course it is...in your eyes. You are one of those people with a big chip on their shoulder.

Again, I am an estimator. So let me explain to you what I see everyday at my job. I see the government requiring my workplace to have "X" amount of "minorities" employed by the company. Qualifications are thrown out the window at this point. We are required whether they are as qualified as someone else is or not.

When we bid work, it gets even better. We are required by the government, to hire X% of minority subcontractors, depending on the job. So what immediately happens, I ask? These companies owned by minorities charge more money for their services. The evil white man owned company has to compete in the free market, while the minority owned company will get work either way. This allows them the opportunity to charge whatever they feel fit.

This goes deeper than companies. It goes into universities and colleges. It goes into testing and scholarships.

What does this cause? It causes minorities to realize that they don't have to be as educated to get by in life as others. They don't have to be as qualified, or talented. They just have to be a minority. Being a minority of course entitles them to whatever they want!

Minorities complain that they don't have a fair shot in todays society. I would argue that they have more than their fair share. It is the left wing (Liberals) that argue these requirements are necessary. Even after this, the right wing is portrayed as racist. The left wing says in a nutshell, "minorities need help to succeed in todays society". If a minority is equal to the "evil white man" (which they are), then they should need no more help to get to make it in society. It is evident in todays society that people of color are accepted and do indeed succeed.

So, with that being said, ill just sit and watch Jessie J. scare all the African Americans in this country into fearing that they will be "mistreated". That way he can gather them all under his wing...united against the "evil white man". Then he can use that whole group as a bargaining chip with leaders of the democratic party to gain political power off those under him that dont know any better. Or he could just extort some businesses for the hell of it.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

But, you don't care.

I agree, being patently racist IS wrong. I think being patently prejiduced is wrong, as well.

Out of curiosity, Colonel, do you not think minorities in general are undereducated?

No.

I suggest you try to survive in a "ghetto-like" situation and see how you fare. I expect that you would die or toss somebody's salad---as I expect you would.....racist.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Out of curiosity, Colonel, do you not think minorities in general are undereducated?

No.

I suggest you try to survive in a "ghetto-like" situation and see how you fare. I expect that you would die or toss somebody's salad---as I expect you would.....racist.

How do you know that Jungle does not or did not live in the ghetto? Just because someone doesn't use their skin color or ethnic backround as an excuse for being lazy, doesn't mean that they have had a better life than you or anyone else. It just means they did what you are supposed to do. They made the best of their situation.

I will tell you this. I may not be "a minority", but I know what it is like to grow up in the ghetto. Even where I live now is considered by some people who havent been in this situation "the ghetto" (the real ghetto is much worse). You know what happens to a white boy like myself in the ghetto? Discrimination my friend. From morons with huge chips on their shoulders.

Even though these people in the ghetto can and should make it in life, most of them will end up dead or in jail. They will be given opportunity to get out, and go to college. They will be given better opportunity for work and they will receive more help than someone like me ever did (that help is from, you guessed it, the government). Instead of taking hold of this type of opputunity, most of the people I knew got hooked on drugs, dropped out of school, and ended up in jail. I have one childhood freind that made it out.

It angers me to see what I see in you colonel. You actually make excuses in your head to why things are this way in society. You blame problems that you have on others. It is the mean evil white man holding you back. It is the mean evil white man that makes the ghettos. What a crock of crap. The people in those situations are the only ones that can make it better.

[Edited on 1/18/2004 by Seapeople]

[Edited on 1/19/2004 by Seapeople]

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL
What you dont think gods going to hold you accountable for voting for this man? I have told you once Ill tell you again Bush is the www.geocities.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">AntiChrist!

then i have to pull out the "just cause you said it dont make it true" statement.

i suggest you libs in ATS/BTS to quit yer bitching, get off your whining asses, and go out there and start a revolution. but ohhhhhh thats right. the democratic party is the "go home crying to momma party" when you dont get your way.

ill love to see you libs dodge this one. hell howard dean, the liberal front runner, dodged questions from his own party members in iowa.

[Edited on 1-18-2004 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
How can anybody go to hell when there isnt one. All this talk about nonsense is funny though. You know if there was one i think the war party(republicans) should go.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The issue of education is not one of race people, it is a class thing.

The truth is, is that there are plenty of white people with subpar education at their disposal.

The issue of public education being a result of the personal property tax in the area is a terrible system the prefers the more affluent areas to the urban or rural in general.

Affermative Action and other relevent programs should be geared towards fiscal inequities rather than racial. That would be more towards the "level playing field" people are looking for.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I have seen the word "Indoctrinate" thrown around this thread a few times. I had me thinking. Where could we possibly get indoctrinated? How could that be...oh wait! Don't we all get up every morning in our single digit to teenage years? We travel to this government building, with government funded equipment. The government teachers (Union teachers) get a good start on us young. Your right, indoctrination is very real.

AS LONG AS WE ALLOW SCHOOLS TO BE RUN BY THE GOVERNMENT THAT WILL HAPPEN.

Of course, colonel or any other liberal wouldn't see it that way. They are already far too indoctrinated.........

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Don't even buy into Colonel's propaganda. 'Repugnants are going to hell' is a stupid thing to say. Who even knows if there is a hell! Why spend every waking moment in fear of something you can't even prove? It's just idiocy. Just be who you are, follow your head, and you will have a much better life.

Don't let politics get involved in your spiritual beliefs. (cough...Colonel...cough) That would ensure damnation.(if there is such a thing)

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
So may repugnants. SO few time.

I see the repugnant has used the standard knee jerk answer of "I hate the white man so I blame the white man." Well, we all know this is a patent LIE---but, then again, what else do you expect from the repugnants? They even lie in ther sleep.

There are plenty of white democrats out t here and I ain't pointing my finger at them. I'm pointing my fingrt at YOU, the LYING, HYPOCRITICAL, UN-AMERICAN REPUGNANT!

They always talk about self-reliance and "pulling yourself up by the boot straps" while they get gobs of money from their bought off repugnant congreessmen. In fact, I just read an article in the Washington Post yesterday that said that this repugnant Congress has spent the most in pork EVER! Even more than during Clinton's period!

And where does our tax money go? TO THEIR FRIENDS! THE CORPORATIONS! THE POLLUTERS! THE OIL COMPANIES! HELL, I EVEN SAW AN APPROPRIATION THAT WENT TO HOOTERS OF ALL PLACES IN AN ENERGY BILL!

In the meantime, what happens to the poor? The unemployed? The destitute? Well, they get even moreso! They go into crime to survive. Drugs to ease the pain! Jail as their new home! The sheer fact that NONE of you have any sympathy or human compassion for these people for the sake of your inhuman ideology is evil on its face and that's why you're going to hell.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
Don't even buy into Colonel's propaganda. 'Repugnants are going to hell' is a stupid thing to say. Who even knows if there is a hell! Why spend every waking moment in fear of something you can't even prove? It's just idiocy. Just be who you are, follow your head, and you will have a much better life.

Don't let politics get involved in your spiritual beliefs. (cough...Colonel...cough) That would ensure damnation.(if there is such a thing)

That's right. Continue to deny reality but there will be a reckoning and you will pay with your everlasting soul, repugnant.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hmm, Colonel, may I? Just a little word twitch, *cough* if I may......

"That's right. Continue to deny reality but there will be a reckoning and you will pay with your everlasting soul," 'Democrack'.

Whats good for the 'goose' is (also) good for the 'gander'.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 19-1-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Cheap and unimaginative, brother of Cain.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Kinda of like this, maybe:
"Why are "Repugnants" Hell bound?"
*edit* and someone actually believing this is true....*cough* Colonel?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Kinda of like this, maybe:
"Why are "Repugnants" Hell bound?"
*edit* and someone actually believing this is true....*cough* Colonel?

regards
seekerof

Well, go and blame your repugnant brother for that b/c he's the one who started the thread.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
judge not lest ye be judged colonel.

you seem so quick to deal out judgement that you forget that only god can judge people.

tell me now, how do you think god will judge you?

you probally think that you will judge yourself.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
judge not lest ye be judged colonel.

you seem so quick to deal out judgement that you forget that only god can judge people.

tell me now, how do you think god will judge you?

you probally think that you will judge yourself.

He will judge me as one fighting on the behalf of the poor and down-trodden. One who sympathizes with their plight...unlike you.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   

He will judge me as one fighting on the behalf of the poor and down-trodden. One who sympathizes with their plight...unlike you.

The BS is getting pretty thick down here. Anyone have some hip waders I can borrow?

Colonel, how do you know? How can you be so sure of yourself?

I can't stand it when people believe so blindly in things. But that is what religion teaches, is it not? Is that not what faith is, blind obedience and belief. I don't even have faith for myself or in myself, much less something I've never witnessed or found good proof of. I can't win an argument against faith, it's not possible. You could beat them down or prove them wrong, and they still believe. Colonel has obviously found this out and used it to an advantage.

But I leave you with a question to think about. Just think about it, you don't have to answer. Are you sure you're on the right path? (seriously, consider it)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join