It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary says terrorist attack good for the GOP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Hillary says terrorist attack good for the GOP

www.cnn.com

"But, if certain things happen between now and the election, particularly with respect to terrorism, that will automatically give the Republicans an advantage again, no matter how badly they have mishandled it, no matter how much more dangerous they have made the world."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Has our political system really sunk this low? Using the possible threat of terrorism and spinning it for political gain...im just floored personally. In my own opinion this is nothing but even more blatant fear mongering that we've been putting up with from the current administration and is totally uncalled for.

As the article progresses she goes on to say that of the presidential candidates SHE is the best choice to deal with it and lead our country through it

Fortunatly, even other democrats find this comment tasteless.

As a potential leader of our country, should she not set a higher standard? If she wants to make the point that she feels she is a good choice to lead us in times of crisis thats fine. Make your statement then back it up with the how's and why's. But DON'T try to further the culture of fear for political gain.

We the people expect, nay, DESERVE more!

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Bill Maher referenced this tonight on his show. Say what you want about Hillary and her husband (I prefer the term billary, keeps the character count down) they aren't stupid. I can't think of any husband/wife team as successful in politics as they are. Unfortunately I believe that she is right about this. We Americans can and I believe would put differences aside (at least temporarilly) and any event would give a boost to the Republicans, and the closer to the election the less time they would have to counter it. I'm not beholden to either party so I'm looking at this from an Independent point of view.

A couple of quick thoughts before I hit post.
If Hillary does get the nomination and win, the US Presidency will be held by 2 famillies for almost a quarter century by the end of her first term.

Bush's approval ratings, as low as they are, are still higher than the Congress's.

[edit on 25-8-2007 by jefwane]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
Bill Maher referenced this tonight on his show. Say what you want about Hillary and her husband (I prefer the term billary, keeps the character count down) they aren't stupid.

as much as it pains me to say this, intellectual integrity dictates that i must, i cant disagree with you. i hope it never came across in my post that i thought she was stupid, on the contrary, POLITICALLY there are few better. but this is no longer about politics for me, its about what we as a nation need right now. do we want somoene who's a brilliant polititian or do we want someone who cares about us as a nation?

I can't think of any husband/wife team as successful in politics as they are. Unfortunately I believe that she is right about this. We Americans can and I believe would put differences aside (at least temporarilly) and any event would give a boost to the Republicans, and the closer to the election the less time they would have to counter it. I'm not beholden to either party so I'm looking at this from an Independent point of view.

again, im forced to concede that i dont disagree with you. BUT, just because she's right doesnt mean she should have said it. if she herself hadnt been running for an office and said it id see it differently. but in this context its nothing but a cheap ploy and sadly it may work in her favor.

where i do disagree with her is that i do NOT feel like she'd be the right person to lead us after a terrorist attack. not to say bush has done much right but we saw how her husband handled things and if she would do anything even remotly like he did, well the polite version has to do with a poluted creek and lack of a paddle.

A couple of quick thoughts before I hit post.
If Hillary does get the nomination and win, the US Presidency will be held by 2 famillies for almost a quarter century by the end of her first term.

Bush's approval ratings, as low as they are, are still higher than the Congress's.

almost like nobility of old huh? god we need a change. dem or rep i dont care, anyone other than a bush or clinton.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I really hope the elections will reflect it that Americans are tired at this point of the near Mafia type overtones with the "Families" running things. The Bush's, the Clintons... how can anyone not be sick of them all at this point.

Regarding Hillary specifically, if she winds up running this country then that might allow enough room for her ego to stretch out comfortably.

As for her comment that potentiol future terrorism will sway people to vote Republican, can people not see what she's really saying there...? She thinks the American people only act from a standpoint of fear and that they're genuinely too stupid to make well informed decisions.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This topic is already covered in the Breaking News forum here .
Cheers xpert11.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
She is saying all the right things to get the nomination,watch this quick video:

www.youtube.com...

She is a scary being IMO,run by the same fanatics who are running Bushco.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I find this statement weird, since "Bush-the-Leftist" has done little to actually fight the war on terror.

A terrorist attack won't help those who "fry" in gassified helium that will demolish at least 7 major cities................

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The topic is already under discussion here, please add to the previously posted thread.

closing

new topics

top topics

join