It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost world found? New footage of underwater ruins off Japan.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Lost world found? 1:16
Divers explore what some believe to be the ruins of the lost world of Muin off the coast of Japan.

Link to video on CNN

Now why would CNN be sounding like this is new news? This is old news. They even give this place a name, Muin.

Has that been a name thrown around by archeologists? If so then I missed that. Are there any other articles about this on the net? If so can someone please post them. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well,

The word, "Mu" is Japanese. It means, "that which does not exist, or no longer exists".

Here's a Wiki link that discusses Mu to the Japanese. Basically, it is their version of Atlantis, and is used with minor additives for various underwater ruins located throughout the region.

Wiki Mu

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply, I heard of Mu, and I knew that some people believed that spot was Mu, I just never knew it was also called Muin.

Now my next question is why would CNN be just know showing news on this topic? This is old news and not new stuff.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stari

Now my next question is why would CNN be just know showing news on this topic? This is old news and not new stuff.

Well I suppose the footage itself might be new. But it not the ruins of anything - it's well known to be a large rock outcrop which some people believe may have been partially altered by human hand (not beyond the abilities of the late paleolithic or neolithic peoples who lived in the area when it was still above sea level)

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
But it not the ruins of anything -

Just nit picking i know, but it is still ruins if it has been altered by human hands and used by humans in their every day lives and may contain human artifacts!

The Morien Institute has some good information and heaps of pictures, they also try to be as unbiased as possible in their reporting of the different views of what the structures are.

I agree with Essan that they are more than likely natural formations altered by human hands, in line with Dr Schoch's views.

Dr Schoch has made it clear that he feels the structure was primarily a natural structure that people in ancient times had carved out of the 'living bedrock' and enhanced to suit their purposes.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I have touched on this subject before.
Underwater Pyramids
Its amazing find and good story behind it.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
What amazes me the most about this spot is that the last time it was above water was over 10,000 years ago.

top topics

join