It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to go to heaven

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
reply to post by Scyman

Do you realize all your responses contradict what the bible says.
Unless you go to another section of the bible and then you are right.
It doesnt matter what you say you will find a passage in the bible to back up your claim. Its neverending.

But Jesus said the rich cant get into heaven and the bible says thou shalt not kill.
So, if you have a nice life while jimbo down the street is struggling with two kids what would Jesus do?
Or, Jesus is handed a m16 and ordered to kill iraqi's, what would jesus do?

When you read the bible and there is an apparent contridiction you need to read the whole of the text. One must realize what the exact situation is not just pull a verse from a chapter and say "oh look! see it contridicts!". Jesus didnt say the rich cant get into heaven he says it is difficult...He used the camel and needle as a type of joke. The Hebrews used a lot of Ironic humor this is an example of that, when Jesus told this they probably woulda found it to be a hilarious comparrison. Also what man would order Christ to accomplish a task? Christ has struck down people before what makes you think he wouldnt do it again?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Scyman

Ok, now you are telling me God commanded Joshua to kill babies!!

Do you understand what you are saying?

seeya....next

You must look at the reason for this command...I do understand what I am saying and also understand it can be confusing. However we are now off topic and if the point of your thread was to nothing but complain about scripture I would suggest we stop this converstation. IF yo had predetermined in your mind to hardern your heart nothing I can say here will change your mind or even be worth talking about.

EDIT! Also I can see by your members profile page you had no intentions other then trying to start somesort of an argument.... I will no longer entertain you.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by Scyman]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Do you realize all your responses contradict what the bible says.
Unless you go to another section of the bible and then you are right.
It doesn't matter what you say you will find a passage in the bible to back up your claim.

It would seem that it is all in the timing:

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join