It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to go to heaven

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Mark 10:25
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdim of God.

Mark 10:21
...one thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

Please u2u me for further instructions to getting in heaven.

[edit on 24-8-2007 by earth2]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
"I am the way the truth and the life no one comes to the father except through me" - Jesus Christ

The way we enter unto the kingdom that our father has prepaird for us is giving your life over to Christ. Living no longer for yourself, but for the creator...

If you are seriously seeking some meaning to your life, or maybe just have a few questions about the bible feel free to E-mail me at [email protected] and I would be happy to help any way I can!

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Scyman

Are you willing to give all your possesions (including money)that are not needed for survival to the poor?

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
the only one i'm willing to give up my life for is my daughter because she is the most important aspect of my life and god can kiss my @$$ as far as i'm concerned i dont want anything from him.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Step #1

die (but NOT by your own hand OF COURSE!!)

patience is a virtue

SR

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Lock yourself in a room for the rest of you natural life and do nothing. can't be guilty of sin then or breaking the 10 commandments lol.

[edit on 25-8-2007 by SR]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
What does sin or the 10 commandments have to do with it?

You are either 'here' or you are 'there.'

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
My main point is, if you are rich then you probably cant get into heaven.

What a bunch of hypocrites 'rich' christians are, trying to cram jesus down my throat while living the good life.

All christians should start giving all that extra money away to the poor immediatley if they are planning on going to heaven.

Jesus said so.

[edit on 25-8-2007 by earth2]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
No doubt!

Jesus was far more harsh toward hypocrites (rich people who claim to be godly are in the top 10 if not #1) than those of us who just make honest mistakes.

The thing is, no one can claim to follow the commandment of 'Love your neighbor as yourself' when they are living high on the hog and they pass by beggars, homeless, and the hungry, every day without batting an eye.

The Love Your Neighbor maxim, if followed by all people, would automatically and naturally redistribute wealth and eliminate the problems of poverty and of excess.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

You forgot to mention no more wars. Hard to fight a war if you love your neighbor as yourself. People from other countries would count in that I think.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
How the heck can you go to heaven if you are fighting in a war?

Do you think Jesus(if there is one)would let a iraqi killing soldier in heaven? Im not jabbing at our soldiers im just confused at christian logic.
Tell me one thing and do another? errr

I demand all rich christians give away their money to the poor right now, not later.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I'm not Christian, though I use to be. My first comment was in response to QueenAnnie's comment.

I've read the bible several times, and what I got from it was that as long as you accept Jesus as your savior your sins are forgiven. So really, it doesn't matter what you do so long as you really are sorry you did it and ask for forgiveness. It has been awhile since I read the bible all the way through though.

Good luck getting all the rich Christians to give up all their money and possessions. It'll be like getting a televangelist to stop using donation money on themselves, darn near impossible.

[edit on 25-8-2007 by Jenna]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
reply to post by Scyman

Are you willing to give all your possesions (including money)that are not needed for survival to the poor?

This may surprise you but there has been times in my life where Christ has called me to do just that. At the time I was angry stripped of all earthly possesions and removed from everything I was comfortable with. However now I can see he was using that time to shape me into what I have become today and where I am going in the future. Also this isnt me but my sister has spent all year working and raising money so she can go on a 6month outreach to Manilia and Hong Kong. She leaves for 3 months of training in 6 days.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   

How the heck can you go to heaven if you are fighting in a war?

Do you think Jesus(if there is one)would let a iraqi killing soldier in heaven? Im not jabbing at our soldiers im just confused at christian logic.
Tell me one thing and do another? errr

I demand all rich christians give away their money to the poor right now, not later.

I think you may be confusing Christianity with another religon. No where in the Bible does Chrsit call all Chrisitans to give all their money right away and nurse the poor. Someone may be called locally to their job, or serve in their community, or possibly like my sister overseas. For now my calling is in the Navy, witnessing to the men and women who protect the freedom and rights of Americans. We dont always agree with what we are fighting over but we are also told to submit to authority. Also God called many men in the bible to be warriors, their was a song that the Israelite women used to sing that went something like "Saul has slain thousands, but David his tens of thousands" and that was a rejoicing of deliverence to the Lord.

(sorry for the typo's its late, and im a bad speller)

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Ive always wondered why christians travel half way arouind the world helping people when there are people next door in need.
Why not travel to your closest city and help the homeless why waste money traveling?
Probably personal vacation reasons thats why.

Be a real christian and give up all your wants, and give them to the needy.
Jesus said so.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Scyman

Yea I know, in one section of the Bible it's ok to kill, in another section it say's thou shalt not kill.

Well isnt that convienent

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Ive always wondered why christians travel half way arouind the world helping people when there are people next door in need.
Why not travel to your closest city and help the homeless why waste money traveling?
Probably personal vacation reasons thats why.

Be a real christian and give up all your wants, and give them to the needy.
Jesus said so.

No. He doesn' say that at all. There are times of nourishment and times for pleasure and for relaxing as well as working. ALSO as I have said it just depends on where you feel Christ is calling you, we have worked a lot with the poor here in our area. Through youth missions of underprivelaged kids, witnessing at soup kitchens, all the way to buying homeless men and women fast food or taking them out to eat. The ministry and reason for overseas travel is not for personal vacation, although it would not be a sin to enjoy yourself as you travel. However people in other countrys do not have the luxury of obtaining scripture as easily as we do here. So there is a real thirst for the word of God in other countrys...

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   

reply to post by Scyman

Yea I know, in one section of the Bible it's ok to kill, in another section it say's thou shalt not kill.

Well isnt that convienent

He says do not Murder, not do not kill. Also he commanded Israel under Joshua to take no prisoners and slay man, women, child, as well as cattle.
The Lord is Loving, however He is also a God of Wrath.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Scyman

Do you realize all your responses contradict what the bible says.
Unless you go to another section of the bible and then you are right.
It doesnt matter what you say you will find a passage in the bible to back up your claim. Its neverending.

But Jesus said the rich cant get into heaven and the bible says thou shalt not kill.
So, if you have a nice life while jimbo down the street is struggling with two kids what would Jesus do?
Or, Jesus is handed a m16 and ordered to kill iraqi's, what would jesus do?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Scyman

Ok, now you are telling me God commanded Joshua to kill babies!!

Do you understand what you are saying?

seeya....next

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join