It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton: Terrorist attack would help GOP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Clinton: Terrorist attack would help GOP

www.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- She says she is the Democrat best equipped to fight terrorists, but White House hopeful Sen. Hillary Clinton told New Hampshire voters Thursday that another attack on the United States would likely help Republican candidates at the polls.
"But, if certain things happen between now and the election, particularly with respect to terrorism, that will automatically give the Republicans an advantage again, no matter how badly they have mishandled it, no matter how much more dangerous they have made the world."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Ok, I find this interesting that this is being released this month...Anyone else find this interesting??

I find the sentence,""But, if certain things happen between now and the election, particularly with respect to terrorism.."
What are the "Certain things" she is talking about, is what I want to know...

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well another terrorist attack on US soil before the election would confirm what I already know that the world and the US is no safer then it was before 9-11. A terror attack would also debunk the last remaining defence that the American right has and that is that no terror attacks have taken place on American soil since 9-11. So I could see a terror attack hurting the Republicans and be used further crack downs on civil liberty's.

BTW this thread seems more suitable to breaking political news.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
originally from Damocles in the previous thread:

"Has our political system really sunk this low? Using the possible threat of terrorism and spinning it for political gain...im just floored personally. In my own opinion this is nothing but even more blatant fear mongering that we've been putting up with from the current administration and is totally uncalled for."

your political system has been like this for nearly 10 years (at least), why be surprised now?!

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Grrrrr don't you hate it when several people respond to a thread and you take time to comment yourself, only to have the thread closed because it's "already being discussed" somewhere else...

On topic:
I really hope the elections will reflect it that Americans are tired at this point of the near Mafia type overtones with the "Families" running things. The Bush's, the Clintons... how can anyone not be sick of them all at this point.

Regarding Hillary specifically, if she winds up running this country then that might allow enough room for her ego to stretch out comfortably.

As for her comment that potentiol future terrorism will sway people to vote Republican, can people not see what she's really saying there...? She thinks the American people only act from a standpoint of fear and that they're genuinely too stupid to make well informed decisions.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by fweshcawfee

yes but in fairness, this thread was posted first and even though i had done a search, i didnt find it and started the 2nd one. so alls well, anyone that had participated in the other thread can come here via the link masqua left

reply to post by Frakkerface

heh, well, i guess the simple answer for me personally is that im an idealist and can always hope for a better tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Is this how things are going to be?

There was a time when even slightly insulting someones honor was a serious offense. You know...like the the Burr-Hamilton duel. Today there are comittees on all side that dig up any piece of dig on the other canidates and spill it all over the news and other medias. They spin it in every possible way and start rumors that do nothing but harm the images of others and for many this is totally acceptable.

"Terror" is not a new tool in politics. But it seem to mostly have been used by those that belonged to extreme ideologies. Now, its a everyday topic. They tell us about how much we are in danger and how theyll protect us from it if we vote for them. Maybe a few of the terror attacks of the past few years have been done by those in power. A tool slowly becoming more acceptable with everday that passes. Maybe, one day in the furtute there will be people whose sole job is to find out which politician blew up what building and how many people they killed and to spin them just like regualr plain old dirt. To use that information to gain power or to cause a terror attack of their own, then use the info to blame others.

When does it all stop? What is the next step? After the peoples view of terrorism has become indefferent, what will be the next tool?

[edit on 25/8/07 by Pfeil]

new topics

top topics

join