It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: CBS Rejects Anti-Bush Super Bowl Commercial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
WASHINGTON -- CBS rejected a request from MoveOn to air a 30-second commercial during the Super Bowl that would be critical of President Bush. A spokesperson for CBS said the decision had nothing to do with the Super Bowl or the ad, but because the network has a long-term policy not to air issue ads.

"Produced as a personal project by Charlie Fisher, creative director of the Copenhagen, Denmark, office of Publicis Groupe ad agency Leo Burnett, the spot is critical of the Bush administration's fiscal policies. " www.adage.com... www.cbs.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
There the mainstream media go again silencing opposition to criticism of the president and showing once again what whores they are. Its policy not to run issue ads? Pffftttt bull#.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I'm assuming this was one of the Bush is Hitler spots? Then good for CBS. How incredibly disrespectful to all of the jews lost in the holocost, to the soldiers who fought to stop Hitler, comparing our president with one of the most evil, and openly evil men in the history of the world...

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I'm assuming this was one of the Bush is Hitler spots? Then good for CBS. How incredibly disrespectful to all of the jews lost in the holocost, to the soldiers who fought to stop Hitler, comparing our president with one of the most evil, and openly evil men in the history of the world...

Well how very wrong in assuming you are. The Hitler ads were never going to be used by MoveOn for their campaign. Some people submitted the "hitler" ads for their contest and MoveOn said they were not using the ads. Republicans made a stink about the whole thing in order to attack the credibility of MoveOn. Get your facts straight before "assuming" anything. Oh and just so you know since you are obviously a history buff
. Bush's grandfather, Prescott Bush along with other bankers, helped finance Hitler's regime.... and it even continued while the US was at war with Germany. So while american lives were being lost in WW2 Bush's family was getting rich financing hitler's war machine.
Get your head out your ass and see these people for what they are. They dont care about you or me. All they care about is making themselves and their friends rich. Even if they have to break the law and sacrifice american lives to do it.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Ahh, abuse. How quaint.

I'll admit I'm not totally versed on what MoveOn was going to air, but from everything I had read on the news and here on ATS, I got the impression those were the front runners.

And why an attack on my knowlege of history? Does a son have to be his father? Or his Grandfather, for that matter?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

And why an attack on my knowlege of history? Does a son have to be his father? Or his Grandfather, for that matter?

And why the attack on history? No reason other than the fact that it pisses me off when people dont even know their own history. But thats not your fault. I blame the #ty school education system. The apple never falls far from the tree. And GW has his own list of crimes to worry about. The Bush family are traitors and criminals. Yeah I said it.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Superbowl Sunday, to me, is bigger than Christmas, crucify me now, but I just want to enjoy the game, with lots of cholesteral products. NO vegies.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This bothers me, because to a lot of us there is nothing, on a globular scale, more American than the Superbowl. I am not American but without the NFL I might as well check out. I love football. I could care less for apple pie and baseball, that's American. I'm talking about a global game. Only the summer Olympics & the world cup of soccer (football), each of which only happen every 4 years have more interest than the Superbowl. If you really want to make a point, as a terrorist this would be the place to attack. The whole world would see it.

tz

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I think I just saw a clip of this commercial on O'Reilly Live. It showed children working in a factory and said 'Who is going to work to pay off the $1 trillion deficit left by the Bush Administration' or something like that.

I'm not totally sure is this is the same one, but I don't think a commercial like that is too harsh.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
We just had a provicial(state) election, and they are blaming the past gov. for a huge deficiet.They broke 18 campaign promises, instituted video monitorring of the roads, etc. Don't trust the the promises of politians. They can always blame the past. The hero 2 months ago is todays pariah.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
"Silencing opposition" again, eh?

Seems that an event like the Superbowl and EVERYONE knows that the Superbowl is notorious for "new ads" specifically designed to be aired during this event....CBS is being quite selective for a reason?
Children do watch this game too you know?

Another 'ad' nullified:
"PETA's impotence ad a no-no with CBS"
Link:
money.cnn.com...

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 16-1-2004 by Seekerof]

top topics

join