It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am afraid for this...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
We all re-assure ourselves from time to time that the bomb won't drop on our soil. We tell our kids the same things.

How BIG are the possiblities that this might come to pass in our lifetime?

Killer of Giants

Do we worry for nothing?

[edit on 24-8-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I guess that nobody is worried about this as well.

The bomb is about to drop...What do YOU do?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

First off when I saw this post I thought of the older Ozzy song, and behold! A great song for this video!! I love that one!

How real do you think that threat is? Im with you, while I might not worry my life over these things, and try to enjoy my life while I have it then!!

But its a true threat, and it holds the world hostage...

I can only prey it doesnt. And not to some silly guy with a beard, but to my heart, and the other hearts around the world.
We are all one, and Carl Sagan said..

An organisim at war with itself, is doomed.

We are the ones who have the most to lose. Family, friends, and everything we know to be, and love.

War, never changes. But always changes the man who fights in them.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I've got more pressing problems than nuclear war actually. I don't see why a few mushroom clouds and an ozzy song should scare me too much.

It's all for show- nuclear missiles that were never intended to be used, keep building them till you can wipe out life on Earth 2 times over, 5 times over, 10 times over, then make them stealth, then build redundant systems to detect them and shoot them down that don't even look like they're going to work- yeah, everyone who believes it stand on your head.

It's corporate a nice little corporate welfare scheme. As long as they can keep us convinced they need the things, they can tax us more, spend part of that money as welfare for defense contractors (both for the profit of those in power and to subsidize the development of weapons they WILL use on us), divert part of that to blackbudget programs while they're at it, etc etc.

If the powers that be were out to kill me, odds are they'd try to starve me to death or kill me with some horrible pathogen. Infact I'm reasonably convinced that there are powerful and important people who think it would be a good idea to do just that, and they may even be planning to.

Consider the motive afterall. Controlling 100% of a world population of 500 Million is as good as, if not better than, controlling 50-90% of a world population of 6 Billion. Me and most of humanity, as far as the people with their fingers on the button, are just a waste of resources- all that energy and raw materials just to keep us alive and happy- if it weren't for us they'd be much happier, and in the course of killing us they could destroy any financial or political opposition in order to enjoy greater control of a remainder that is still large enough to support them in a manner that would be suitable to a minor deity. No doubt about all that.

But they still want an inhabitable world and useable resources, and they've got to consolidate control over those who are allowed to survive. So they're far better off using economics or disease to kill us off, gain legal control over more and more, and force those who aren't destroyed to come to them thinking they are being helped while infact turning themselves in to be slaves.

That might sound equally grim, if not worse, but actually I'm cool with that, because unlike a nuclear fireball, that can be outrun. Sucks for those who don't know how to hunt and fish though.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
How are we all so sure...that these things won't come to pass?

Mushroom clouds and all. Have any of you EVER thought that this might occur?

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I agree with the duckster. A single bomb will deffinetly wipe out one of our biggest cities if they wanted to, but i am more worried about all the people freaking out after the bomb, and taking the law into their own hands. Just take hurricane Katrina for example. I know New Orleans was full of crime before the hurricane, but when the citizens were allowed to roam free, all hell broke loose! If a bomb goes off in the U.S.A., every taxi cab driver, every 7-11 clerk, and every one with a turbine on their head will get beat in the streets. American citizens would freak out big time, considering they allready have such a big head.
If they attacked our internal government structure, or economic layout, they could be just as destructive.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Nukes dont really pose a threat at all, and the other arms shown in that video such as the Minigun are a necessity in combat operations.

If you want to worry about something, be concerned with the chance of some drunk ass plowing into your car and killing you. The odds of that happening are exponentially greater than the odds of you getting nuked.

If you feel a need to be concerned about weapons of war, you should focus on any number of the nasty biological agents available on the arms markets across the planet. They are deadlier, and actually scarier because you wont know anything has happened until people start dropping dead around you.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Duckster,

I grew up at a time when we practiced Nuke air raid drills, this was the peak of the Cold War. I've mentioned this before, so I won't go into a bunch of details. Suffice it to say that when this was going on it scared the bejesus out of me and I ended up a Cold War Era Air Force enlisted man helping to ensure the enemy,(Russians) get their tails whipped if they got friskie.

Live your life and enjoy as much of it as possible. Go watch a sunset or sunrise and walk in the grass barefooted. Don't sit there paralyzed about some nuclear scenario that may or may not happen. Live in the moment and breath deeply.

I wasted years being paranoid and worrying about the SALT Missile Agreements. Nobody even remembers this stuff anymore. If you stay paralyzed the bad guys win. Whether they are our bad guys or theirs doesn't matter, you will be playing into their hands if you stay stuck in a "What If Game". Don't make yourself crazy about it.

Personally I have decided that if I get a heads up about an attack in San Diego, I'm driving towards NAS, North Island and I'm going to light up a big fat $20 Honduran Cigar and large Star Bucks and watch the GD light show up close. Because running away will only prolong the situation. You see, I live too Damn close to ground zero to run, so I'll just sit up close and watch.

Stop worrying, Think of all the time you have pissed away fretting about something that hasn't happened. Find you a "friend with benefits" and enjoy living.

As my kids say, "Peace Out, Homie!"

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

Ducky I understand your fear.That's why it is presented to you that way, to instill fear.And it works.
I have to agree with slackerwire though.What you don't see coming at you is a bigger threat.It's when you are looking up for planes with nukes, that you are going to step off a street corner and get hit by a bus.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster

If you want peace, get rid of the weapons.

If you want war, get more weapons.

I've never understood the logic of the missile defense system to protect europe being installed as a means of keeping peace. The $63b of weapons we gave Egypt, Israel and Saudi Arabia are for what? The FA-22's we're building are for what?

Most people are brainwashed to believe that having weapons is necessary... it reminds me of something else... War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster

I'm so sure because there is nothing in it for the people who launch them. When I say this, I'm talking about a full on nuclear war. Yeah they might set off a low yield weapon in NYC or Washington at ground level to establish a casus belli for a war, and they may take out a troop formation or a major urban target of the non-nuclear armed target (ie: Iran), but in those events its just the fear of the word nuclear, not the full affect of nuclear war, that would be shaking everyone up. A low yield ground-level explosion of a nuclear weapon wouldn't do much that conventional weapons couldn't accomplish and frankly it would bother me about the same as 9/11- it wouldn't be the end of the world. It would be an awful thing, but I wouldn't flip out.

A full on nuclear war, where we all end up burnt, blind and dying, or else wandering through a post-apocalyptic horror show waiting to die of starvation, is of no use to the people with the power to launch the nukes. The only reason that we have the immense arsenal we do is because building the darned things is so profitable for the right people.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I don't worry about nuclear war but I believe there may indeed be a "show of power" with at least one city nuked. Look how many freedoms/liberties we gave up with just 2 buildings destroyed. We (as a nation) would probably just bring our own shackles and beg for "protected slave" status if a nuke went off. I don't think TPTB want to be rulers of an ash heap. They just want compliant drones to do their bidding and understand their own expendability.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angry Danish

If you want peace, get rid of the weapons.

If you want war, get more weapons.

I've never understood the logic of the missile defense system to protect europe being installed as a means of keeping peace. The $63b of weapons we gave Egypt, Israel and Saudi Arabia are for what? The FA-22's we're building are for what?

Most people are brainwashed to believe that having weapons is necessary... it reminds me of something else... War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength.

Peace through superior firepower has been proven time and time again. Think Russia would blinked an eye before lobbing some ICBM's our way if they knew we couldn't destroy them in turn?

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
There's a natural (at least it seems natural these days) trend to say "If America (or other nation of choice, but it's usually the U.S.) would just get rid of its weapons, then peace and tranquility would spontaneously erupt all over the world. The problem with that view is fairly obvious. It's even right there in the lyrics of the song.

"If none of us believe in war...". Unfortunately, there are a fair number of people / nations / creeds that not only believe in war, but seem to engage in it on a fairly regular and brutal basis. There's the on-going mess in the Middle East, various wonderful goings-on in Africa, the India / Pakistan problem, North Korea's continual crying for attention, China / China (People's Republic of vs Taiwan), and tons of others that don't involve America. Unfortunately, they do, to an increasing degree, involve nuclear powers or potential ones...and (to turn the lyrics around logically) if some of us believe in war, then the weapons become necessary to deter or defend against them. It's not pretty, it's not ideal, but it's needed.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Mass extinction on this planet is a natural thing, if we get rid of Nukes, we have Asteroids, get rid of those, we have Bird flu or some other such thing, man made or not it WILL happen. If not a mass killer just remember, Life is ALWAYS 100% fatal, so you either live your life to the fullest you can, or toss in the towel now, no matter what happens, you will die.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Fear leads to Wisdom. It can be a valuable asset unless you let it control you.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire
Peace through superior firepower has been proven time and time again. Think Russia would blinked an eye before lobbing some ICBM's our way if they knew we couldn't destroy them in turn?

If other countries really wanted to blow up the US (without anyone knowing who did it), they could do it.

If Russia decided, today, to destroy all of their weapons, would we go invade them or blow them up? No. There's no reason to.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angry Danish

If other countries really wanted to blow up the US (without anyone knowing who did it), they could do it.

And you base this on what, exactly?

If Russia decided, today, to destroy all of their weapons, would we go invade them or blow them up? No. There's no reason to.

You're making the same mistake that a lot of American (and other nations') diplomats make. What you *should* say is something along the lines of "f Russia decided, today, to destroy all of their weapons, would we go invade them or blow them up? Probably not. I can't think of any reason to.". Your mistake is the assumption that everyone on Earth thinks like you do....thus, if you can't think of a reason for something, then there is no reason for something.

In the real, ugly and messy world, various groups of people act on the basis of thought patterns that seem (to me at least) every bit as alien as some of the things we might find on Mars. Some of Russia's neighbors still hold grudges that date back almost to the Crusades. Give them a defenseless Russia, they might decide to settle some scores.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I will harness my local respect and do what my local rep's can not do. I will keep the clock ticking and that is the end.

When and if anything goes down i will be the one with the small voice. The one that nobody expected but at the same time the one that was expected.

If this will ever come to pass will it ? Who knows ? Who cares ? BUT.....

I will Keep the clock ticking and that is the end.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Dukster,
Please peruse The Doomsday Clock.
Very informative.

I have it saved as a favorite.

Regards,
Lex

top topics

<<   2 >>