It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Margret Cho responds to Hell bound repugnants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
BuzzFlash: You recently performed at the MoveOn.org awards evening honoring the Bush in 30 Seconds contest winners. And proof that the right-wing doesn't understand what a joke is, excerpts of your comedy routine were taken out of context and posted on the Drudge Report and on the Free Republic where racists and bigots responded to you with hate e-mail.

Margaret Cho: Right. I was doing comedy at the MoveOn party and telling jokes. I am a comic it's what I do. And the right-wing took some of my material out of context and then tried to make it sound like I was giving a speech or something when in fact I was performing my routine. My statements were printed out of context, but they were basically jokes.

BuzzFlash: I know part of your routine and the context was talking about how the right-wing and the RNC have completely lied and distorted MoveOn's ad contest by claiming that two entries that compared Bush to Hitler were endorsed by MoveOn, which is a brazen and shameless lie. What do you think specifically upset so many of the bigot "freepers" that they sent you hate mail? The Washington Times printed one joke you made that "Bush could be Hitler if he applied himself."

Margaret Cho: Yeah and that's funny. I think it was because I said that they were stupid, which they are. I actually respect a lot of conservatives. And I understand there are people that actually are smart on the right but they're totally embarrassed by the dummies out there in the right-wing. And when you call people stupid, if they are stupid, they get so mad that all they can do is just implode.

Almost 99% of the hate mail that I was seeing haven't pointed out anything about what exactly made them mad about what I said. What they pointed out is that I'm a Chink, and I need to go back to the Orient or go back to where I came from, or go back to my country, which is kind of hard because this is my country. I can't really "go back to my country" because I'm already here.

BuzzFlash: You stated in your blog yesterday that "the truth hurts the dumb, and it isn't my fault."

Margaret Cho: Yes. The truth really gets to stupid people.

BuzzFlash: I read some of the hate mail that right-wingers and racists sent you. And you responded in your blog that hurtful, racist, bigoted statements don't hurt you anymore. You've been hurt so much in your life, you've learned to absorb them and to give back love.

www.buzzflash.com...

YA see? All repugnants know is lying and being hateful. Its in theri demon blood which has been filtered with the spirit of Cain. That's why they're bound for Hell. Don't blame me.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Yeah, it's kind of funny that when you become critical of the conservatives for certain things and maybe let slip something amusingly insulting yet not very serious, the people who respond are the racists who basically prove her point and make conservatives look even worse in the eyes of any sane person. I laff.

*EDIT: Colonel, you left this part out guy:

Margaret Cho: Yeah, I really love that. I mean, I enjoy it because it really shows how few people really think with their minds. They don't really know what's going on, but they are just dumbly following whatever the media's telling them or what some right-wing website tells them. People are very reactionary to things they don't even understand and don't really think things through. And I've gotten a lot of apologetic e-mails from some right-wingers and conservatives who are saying that this hateful response does not represent them. We are not like this, and we're very sorry.

*EDIT: At least there are some werewolfs out there fighting off the "spirit of cain" by day, tho you know they let it slip as soon as they get within the comfortable confines of their own home at night. Funny how this comes at a time when alienating possible voters is the worst thing republicans can do.

[Edited on 1-16-2004 by insite]

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
Yeah, it's kind of funny that when you become critical of the conservatives for certain things and maybe let slip something amusingly insulting yet not very serious, the people who respond are the racists who basically prove her point and make conservatives look even worse in the eyes of any sane person. I laff.

Ya know, that pretty much sums it up!

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite

*EDIT: Colonel, you left this part out guy:

Margaret Cho: Yeah, I really love that. I mean, I enjoy it because it really shows how few people really think with their minds. They don't really know what's going on, but they are just dumbly following whatever the media's telling them or what some right-wing website tells them. People are very reactionary to things they don't even understand and don't really think things through. And I've gotten a lot of apologetic e-mails from some right-wingers and conservatives who are saying that this hateful response does not represent them. We are not like this, and we're very sorry.

*EDIT: At least there are some werewolfs out there fighting off the "spirit of cain" by day, tho you know they let it slip as soon as they get within the comfortable confines of their own home at night. Funny how this comes at a time when alienating possible voters is the worst thing republicans can do.

[Edited on 1-16-2004 by insite]

You know that apology stuff is a lot of BS. They realize how bad they look at they decided to write and apologize. Just as you said, "in the confines of their own homes," they come out and talk the same way. They ain't foolin nobody. I mean, if they weren't like that, would they even think to associate with those that are?

[Edited on 16-1-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I don't know. I've hung out with a lot of crack dealers who own crack slaves. I don't think it's right but you won't see me apologizing to anyone for it unless it furthers my own agenda.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
lol just believing which side of the issue works for your arguement and believing the rest of it to be lies.

top topics

join