It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Target Locations & Detailed Info Provided By Feds To Anyone.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
They never fail to amaze me how helpful they are to the terrorists.

www.nrc.gov...

maybe im just being overly paranoid???

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
ok, if that one didn't bother you what about this one

www.fe.doe.gov...

tells you where the U.S stores its petroleum reserves...WTF?!?!?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
interesting that the petroleum reserves are all right there in hurricane alley. Doesn't seem like much thought went into that idea.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
they are the closet salt caverns to the gulf of mexico.
ok how about some tasty natural gas reserves storage locatios to munch on while you plan your next terrorist targets..

www.eia.doe.gov...

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This would be easily obtainable information anyway.

Security through obscurity is no security at all.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

but why make it easier for them by just putting it out there on the internet for everyone o see? i'm sitting here in my underwear and i found all this info in ten minutes flat...

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
well this is just dandy..
here you go mr terrorist here is how and where you can jamb our satellite transmissions and bring the enire nation to a frikin halt!
WTF !!people!!!!

www.ntia.doc.gov...

edited because i forgot the"F" in "WTF"

[edit on 24-8-2007 by darkheartrising]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
There are terrorists? I thought terrorists were a myth, you know, kinda like George Bush's compassion.

Jasn

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkheartrising

edited because i forgot the"F" in "WTF"

[edit on 24-8-2007 by darkheartrising]

Aren't you supposed to leave the "F" out? Hahahahaha, I have actually been cited for trying to cheat the filter for typing WTF and had my post edited.

Jasn

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

ok, i'm not sure but did yoou just take a cheap shot at the second greatest president of all time?...second only to reagan...

(you mean "WTF is illegal here???)

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Our government can be so inept. You should send a list of the sites you found to DHS or someone to get them taken off the net. I don't know what good it will do now but who knows.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

DHS??...hmmm. department of homeland security..right?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Yes the Department of Human stupidity now. Good find by way.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

ok...screw THAT!
they started asking waaay to many personal questions....
all of a sudden I started feeling guilty of something...i'll just let them figure it out.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Just call them its allot easier.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

reply to post by djohnsto77

but why make it easier for them by just putting it out there on the internet for everyone o see? i'm sitting here in my underwear and i found all this info in ten minutes flat...

o0o sitting in your underwear u say......lol naw but seriously this is about the silliest thing ive seen...i know that info isnt something somebody couldnt find if they really wantedd to...but man its like there hand feeding it to em lol .... i mean really stuff like this makes you wonder about this country even more then you already did...just proof of how messed up our gov is...we need a re-vamping lol

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Lookie here, a searchable worldwide data base of all known reactors! for your international jet-set class of trouble maker.

World-nuclear.org

plenty of detail for sight seeing purposes, it's all the shut down ones that bother me, means a lot of spent / semi spent material floating around, as well as second hand equipment that's past it's best and been reconditioned for use in other reactors.

p.s. don't worry about the Boogy man getting you, worry about the dirty old bloke who wrote the book - sneaking into kids bedrooms, where did that come from?

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

well this is just dandy..
here you go mr terrorist here is how and where you can jamb our satellite transmissions and bring the enire nation to a frikin halt!
WTF !!people!!!!

www.ntia.doc.gov...

I don't think jambing the ground stations will bring the nation to a halt. It's really harder than you'd think. Just destroying the station is a better idea, but there are a multitude of problems doing that.

Several years ago, there was company that published maps for the gas, oil, and electrical industry that showed all national pipelines and pump stations, and the large electric switching substations for high voltage grid work across the USA. These maps have gone conveniently "off" the market. This is the type of info homegrown or immigrant terrorists would need for some serious economic damage.

Many of these systems are either automated or minimally manned for operation. These are targets of opportunity.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by darkheartrising

Good find by the way, but in all reality this is probably information that the "terrorist's" already have aquired. Other than the information that you have provided in your links, there are other multiple targets that would be just as effective.
Take our(the U.S) water facilities, dam's, electrical sub stations. Most of these critical facilities in our country have little or no security around them. Truth be known a terrorist that has gained access into the U.S would need to do little research to find a critical target. There every where.

new topics

top topics

join