It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS field agent in China, open to investigation requests.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Yo. I need info about their artificial intlligence programs, and any and all connections with Google, Al Gore and/or the US government.

Here's a solid lead:

link
But it does not stop there. While everybody else is looking ahead to the first Petaflop/s systems, perhaps next year, Steve Chen is already one step further. His new design, called theTHIRD-BRAINis an architecture far beyond the Petaflop/s system. Emulating and augmenting the real Human Brain, the design draws from a number of disciplines and incorporates this in an innovative approach.

In parallel to designing Supercomputers, Steve Chen is also very active in developing leading-edge applications in China. He is working on a project of putting many HPC systems in the different Chinese states and linking them together as a large and highly efficientIntegral Utility Supercomputing Grid (IUGS) or Integral Grid. The Grid Supercomputers will be made available as a commercial service on the Internet, allowing highly productive, real-time, interactive and collaborative enterprise or personal applications in science, engineering, commerce, telecommunication, healthcare, education, media, financial and logistics. The pervasive use of Grid Supercomputers could bring China to the forefront of Supercomputer applications in five years from now.

If you could gather some up to date intel on that it would be much appreciated!!

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

...Having been there, I can tell you first hand that local health sanstation and health care is not the best...

Yes they may "wash " chopsticks sfter a meal in a restaurant...
But that may consist of soaking them in lukewarm water until after the food particles dont show...

There's a reason why "herpes' medication (zovirax) is cheaper than aspirin
here...(Haw!)

Can tell you more later....

[edit on 25-8-2007 by cosmokatt7]

[edit on 25-8-2007 by cosmokatt7]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Be careful...

I could see how being an "ATS field agent" could quickly be interpreted as international SPY.

On a global tension meter, we are entering uncharted water... I wouldn't make too many ripples during your visit.

Remember that you are a guest at another mans table.

My only questions would relate to the people... what are their general attitudes towards Iran, Iraq, Russia, EU, Americans, UN, etc.

Also interested in anything on the Chinese secret society that is supposedably (I'm loving that word lately) going to overthrow the Illumnati. But asking too many questions there may be creating ripples I warned of.

Sri

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
take pictures of their military bases so then we can see how we would match up if we went to war with them

[edit on 25-8-2007 by LaChoy]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Find a Qi-Gong or Tai-Chi-Chuan master and see if they can really throw people 10 feet just by touching them! And videotape it pretty please. Most of the videos online, or rather all of them, only show the Qi-Gong master tossing his students around like if you have to believe it before it can work on you. So try and get them to use their powers on you.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
What about getting pictures of the chineses gulags? Or it that too dangerous? Also, you could try to falsely buy organs and record the whole thing in secret...

I know i'm giving you dangerous missions, but that's why you're 007

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
welcome to China, why just southern part of China?
In October, the scenery of north China will be better.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I thought this story might interest you. Sorry I've no idea how to post a link so here's the complete post I wrote in the "UFO Underground Base in the Chinese - Indian Border" thread. "Great thread. Forgive me for going off the topic a wee bit but it reminded me of a story I was told by an old friend who worked with students in China for a short while. This was perhaps 10 or 12 years ago.
I don't remember all of it & I'm not sure exactly where he was but it was a kind of remote/ish area (somewhere in China) and near or on some mountains. First of all, the natives, both students and teachers, were rude, hostile, and sometimes threatening towards him, so he found himself working in a bad atmosphere to start with.

There were a number of strange occurrences which scared him. These and the increasing hostility prompted him to leave abruptly one day, leaving some washing on his line to make folk think he was still there while he fled, (I think he said he left his camera & some equipment lying around his apartment too in case they broke in to find him). There was something about a job contract he'd signed and they were forcing him (with threat) to fulfill it and refusing to let him "resign" or whatever. I can't remember his "escape" but it reminded me of that movie Midnight Express (heart beating in the throat at the airport and a missing piece of paper etc.) and while we all laughed at the story, his was a genuine laugh of relief.

He told me that every night there would be a single very loud, earth shaking explosion that seemed to come from the mountain. Everyone completely ignored it and seemed not to notice it at all, (it was as if it didn't happen), apart from one person (cleaning lady or whatever) who was terrified and left.

One night while reading in his room an empty plastic bottle that was lying on top of his bin crunched up loudly in an instant, as if an invisible person had punched it.

Another time he had a large, unusual, hovering insect in his room. He tried to whack it but it kept disappearing and reappearing somewhere else. He couldn't believe it's speed. It wouldn't leave him alone so he got a big book and eventually crashed it down on the beastie. When he lifted the book it was gone. He searched everywhere but couldn't find it. In the morning he found it under the same book. He found this completely odd as he'd looked everywhere and under the book was the first place he'd checked.

One last thing. The person who had the job before him went missing and was never heard from again. I'm sure he told me it was an Irish lady. Perhaps she experienced the same hostility and fled too.

I'd like to point out that this old friend is a very nice, honest bloke who I'm certain didn't make this up.

Could the explosions have come from the alien base? Was the "punched" bottle a warning? Was the beastie a spy probe? Makes you wonder. You decide. "Well that's the story, so I'd advise, (never minding the paranormal), watch out for the hostile locals. lol. I've left a message on his pal's phone today. Hopefully he'll get back to me soon with some info. as to exactly where this happened & perhaps there was more to the story that I've forgotten.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
Be careful...

I could see how being an "ATS field agent" could quickly be interpreted as international SPY.

Yeah, especially with that avatar.

[edit on 25-8-2007 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaChoy
take pictures of their military bases so then we can see how we would match up if we went to war with them

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Also, you could try to falsely buy organs and record the whole thing in secret...

...I'd steer clear of that type of stuff... unless you really want to be 007. But that said:

Rules for The Practicing Alchemist

1. He should be descreet and silent, revealing to no one the result of his operations.

2. He should reside in a private house in an isolated situation.

3. He should choose his days and hours for labor with descretion.

4. He should have patience, diligence and perseverance.

5. He should perform according to fixed rules.

6. He should use only vessels of glass or glazed earthenware.

7. He should be sufficiently rich to bear the expenses of his art.

8. He should avoid having anything to do with princes and noblemen.

Albertus Magnus (1193-1280)

If you are trying to 007 it... Perhaps you should be inviting project requests via U2U rather than on the open air. Discretion and secrecy are vital for self preservation when practicing craft. I personally feel like even taking the requests above (or similar) on open air may get your passport yanked upon arrival along with detention at customs. You really need to have your vacation, talk to some locals, get a feel for the culture, then head on back...

Red China prisons as a foreigner is not how I want to spend my life.

Discretion and respect. A top official commited suicide recently over the food scandal. Pride is a big issue. I again state, BE CAREFUL. Be careful when there... but also be careful in handling the direction of this thread as user comments alone could get you into the thick of it. Personally, had I opened this thread; I'd be reconsidering... and possibly asking moderation to shut it down before I got too many more requests about black market human organs, etc.

I am,

Sri Oracle

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I didnt see any signs of the oppressive government when I was there, and interestingly they are actually doing more about pollution than most of Europe is (listen to how quiet the roads are in Chengdu or the automatic engine cut out on the buses in Kunming).

Investigate how the traditional women in Dali have become weed peddlers lol

actually one serious one is the use of child labour (and kidnappings) in the brick industry

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Have a wonderful and safe adventure. There are so many things that are fascinating about China any path you chose should bear fruit. I would like to know more about the Pyramid(s?)photographed by a US aircraft during WW2 and the alleged UFO base in the Region along the border with India. There was also a story a couple of years ago about an archaeological site in a mountainous area in which researchers had found evidence of conduits and other anomalies running through the area that shouldn't be there by known historical accounts. Any chance somebody has a link to that story or any updates that have happened? I wish I still had it bookmarked it was fascinating and updates were promised but i have yet to see anything else.

[edit on 25-8-2007 by entropy]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Travel checklist:

1. What secrets have the chinese uncovered about the USA?

2. Whats with the White Pyramid south of Xian?

3. Whats with the UFO-Base on the Border to India (Ladakh)?

4. Whats with the tai chi and qi gong masters who work miracles?

As far as I can tell, spiritual phenomena is more a natural part of the chinese mindset so you shouldnt have any difficulty finding stuff out.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Terapin, I think you have a great idea there are a few things I would like to know about the people
1. What kind of family values do they have.
2. What are their religious practices.
3. How is their educational system?
4. How are women treated in the workplace?
5.Chinese medicine, do they really use it or do they prefer-er practical medicine.
6. What is their vision of 2012 and the Mayan prophecies, and do they have any such prophecies stemming from their own culture?
7. How do they view Americans in general?
8. What is the average age of marriage?
9. What are the common foods and medicines they use.
10. What are the latest fashion trends and how much do the fashions cost?
11. What is TV like there and how much do they watch on the average?
12. What is entertainment like and what kind of music do they enjoy?
13. How common are UFO sightings and what percentage of people believe in their existence?
14. Where is the average technology compared to us here?
15. What are their homes like?
16. OK I will stop here...

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=299013
Abovetopsecret is blocked in china, so no point making any cards and telling them about us

Also id be carefull how you would go about looking into these topics people are suggesting.

[edit on 25-8-2007 by Sniffer]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
bringing their own chopsticks?
ur source must be very paranoiid, so far have not seen any local Chinese doing it

as an oversea (European) Chinese with HKnese parents living in Guangdong for over a year, half year in a distant middle of nowhere underdeveloped tiny slow traditional village and currently another half year in the highly developed fast growing huge metropole I would advice you to be very open minded and don't only stay in the metropoles.
Make sure your Chinese friend , who should speak perfect mandarin and if in Guangdong maybe Cantonese will also come into handy, is always with you if you are not in Guangzhou/Shenzhen.
Bring enough dollars to change for RMB, nowadays unlike several years ago, nobody wants to accept Dollars anymore. My HKD are worthless

ALWAYS negotiate about the prices, I hate being ripped off for that 1 RMB, but don't do that with Taxi drivers if you did not agreed about a price before.
In the public transportations stand up for Elderlies, pregnant Women, Women with kids, or even for kids!

Don't assume anyone speak English, just assume nobody speaks English. In China there are 8 levels for English majors, with 8 as the highest, well if that is already the highest level, then even I with my fair european/cantonese English knowledge and accent is like level 23?

Just wear very casual, don't wear your Rolex, you can get one of better quality for 10 RMB
So don;t argue with the robber, and just give him the watch

Some hotel employees are so closed, that they only know Bank of China credit cards! Even though it is either VISA or Mastercard
bring cash, no cards is needed, if you don;t hv BoC
You can open one when you arrive if you plan to stay long enough and don't want to bring your cash around all the time!
Don;t give any cent to beggars, the moment u do, expect to have another 100 beggars walking behind u, if u really feel that pity for him/her or that small "innocent" kid, just give ur half-empty bottle of water...
I would advise to pretend to be a business man going into China sourcing for a special project, and arrange a meeting in one of the thousands of factories in the Pear River Delta. If you get a factory tour, you might be very surprised or shocked to see how SOME of the factories are very modern and well organized, if you are Lucky, then you will go into SOME of the factories with poorer organization, and if you are very LUCKY then you might see something FOX tried to tell u about
I'm hanging around different factories all the time, the standard can really go from the worst of this world to the most modern of this world, have seen enough factories in Europe and the States to claim this statement!

Oh, one last thing, don;t bring your own chopsticks, that would be just stupid and weird

I just want to share one more thing with everyone on ATS:
ATS is NOT blocked in China, neither is Wiki, nor CNN/FOX, you can enjoy Youtube or most sharing blog sites, most adult sites are blocked and search machines are re-directed to the Chinese versions, BBC is not available. and I will learn my HK traditional Chinese in discuss groups when I am in HK
. After all it is the owner of the house who is responsible for what happens in his house, thus if he rented it out, and a dude is "breaking the laws" on the net, then besides the tenant, the owner is also responsible! In effect the service provider will be charged as well, because they are responsible for their network, like the landlord for his building's one. So if a site is blocked, very often it is done by the firewalls of the landlord and the provider.

[edit on 25-8-2007 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Terapin, I think you have a great idea there are a few things I would like to know about the people
1. What kind of family values do they have.
2. What are their religious practices.
3. How is their educational system?
4. How are women treated in the workplace?
5.Chinese medicine, do they really use it or do they prefer-er practical medicine.
6. What is their vision of 2012 and the Mayan prophecies, and do they have any such prophecies stemming from their own culture?
7. How do they view Americans in general?
8. What is the average age of marriage?
9. What are the common foods and medicines they use.
10. What are the latest fashion trends and how much do the fashions cost?
11. What is TV like there and how much do they watch on the average?
12. What is entertainment like and what kind of music do they enjoy?
13. How common are UFO sightings and what percentage of people believe in their existence?
14. Where is the average technology compared to us here?
15. What are their homes like?
16. OK I will stop here...

1) 3 generation under one roof
2) none officially, but most are Chinese Buddhism (practices)
3) feeding duch system
4) equally imbalanced, same as in Europe/America, you almost don;t see a woma CEO/GM, but a lot of Chinese middle mngt, plenty of very succesfull women entrepreneurs!
5) they do, each hospital has a CHinese medicine department, most doctors know some, or instea dlike purely western docs will tell patients to not eat or drink that or that. There are very specialized Chinese medicines, which are imo as good as many westerns, of course everyone only go to the doc who he/she trust, becuz too many fakers, especially so-called super-natural/special healers.
6) If u ask the regular Chinese they will ask u what is so special abt a regular calendar year in the future? Overall speaking in the Chinese culture there are no doom prophecies, there are a lot of other practices, such as Fortune telling, handwriting etc etc etc, too many to name up, and not too many would know, but their is a prophecy made by two scholars for the Tang dynasty emporer, supposedly predicting the course of Chinese history, forgot the English name, literal translation (push-back-drawings), each page contains a drawing and text, which both describe a special milestone event in Chinese history, something similar like Nostradamus, shoot, someone from China help me out here

7) No special feelings, just prepared that if u encounter a local chinese at a relatively touristic place in China, they will look at u as a walking wallet, Anti-Americanism is building up at the same rate as in the rest of the world, like in Europe! Only maybe a bit faster in China. U have to thank your current president for that. Hadn't always been like this.
8) Getting higher, but most of my friends got married under 25! YOUNG!
9) Each province has her own cuisine, medicine both western and Chinese
10) Depends on area, but most of China look at HK for the latest trends! Many look at TW, and many many many only look, and keep it very cheap in the old style, no money no fashion. Expect for brands to pay a lot, a lot of unbranded and fakes though.
11) Many CCTV channels, u will be surprised how much Sport they are showing, besides the Chinese domestic sport shows, also NBA Basketball and European football are very popular, Formula one racing, etc! New channels, and soap series, Chinese medieval warring/love/kungfu etc or modern soaps. If they have a chance they will try to get TVB (HK most popular channel)
12) Pop music, entertainment depended on generations: Sport, dinner, massage, karaoke, gamble, mahjong, TV, movies, travel, Books, shopping etc
13) dunno, saw a handful of Chinese websites abt the topic, not much though
14) depended on area, most urban area are highly developed, but overall still very underdeveloped
15) mainly appartments, small units with small rooms

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I am pleased to hear that ATS is not blocked. I am even more pleased that you think my idea is good enough to do. Perhaps you could drop by here once in a while to bring us some updates from a cafe. Be safe!

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I don't need to go on ATS only when I am at a inet cafe! In my rented appartment or in my office I can go around ATS freely. It would not matter where u post, if an alias is picked up, with the technology of nowadays there is no hiding
so why bother.

Case is, is that China is certainly not as creepy as so many believe. Overall speaking the world (even in China) is really not giving enough credits to Deng Xiao Ping, a man with such a long vision has helped China to step into this golden age. His successors are doing a great job of keeping the development of this huge country. I don't believe ihe big bang approach for a country as China, it might have worked for Poland, but in China it would mean instability, China does not need another 100 year of wars and miseries. Chinese people and especially 95%+ of the population just want peace, and live their lifes without being bothered, and gradually increase the living standard. Everyone also complaint about life the way Europeans or Americans are doing about their lifes. But over here besides complaining, at least the people will work very hard to achieve a better life.

And the Chinese government has created the freedom and opportunity for ANY of the 1.3 billions to achieve his or her dreams, as long as you are willing to go for it. Who would really care about choosing a leader, as long as the leadership is being selected based purely on their capability, and no moron is elected to drag the country to hell like what is happening for the past 7 years in America! At least the leaders in Beijing are trying their best to do what is best for 99% of the population! After all, there will be always a percent people who will never be satisfied. And not like the current ELECTED government of America doing evrything what is best for only that 1% population!

Keeping the right balance, stability and gradual change are the most important, and which I'm sure most of the Chinese people prefer. Because trust me, if most of the people do not prefer this situation, an uprising will occur very quickly, that had happened in the Chinese history numerous times and will happen again if the country is going to the wrong direction. So far the Chinese leaders like Jiang, Hu, Wen had followed Deng's principle's very well and bringing CHina in the right direction, I am more condifent than ever that Hu/Wen's succesors will also do that, because Deng made a very long term planning, and not only one which will change course every 4 years after an election.

Socialistic system with Chinese characteristics where we have a capitalistic economic system in which everyone has equal freedom and opportunity as long as you are willing to go for it, this has brought China at the beginning of her Golden Century.

Ps. It happens that I wrote these three posts in HK, but most of my other posts were in China.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Is "ATS Field Agent" an official designation by the site?

Just curious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join