It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS field agent in China, open to investigation requests.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Greetings,
As a part of my usual world travel plans, I will be headed to Southern China and was wondering if there were any events, facts, data, that you would like me to investigate.

China for many, is a land of mystery and much removed from the usual sources. Being heavily controlled by the government, it does indeed pose somewhat of a problem for distant investigations. Perhaps there is a UFO siting, a Ghost appearance, or a Monkey God happening that you wish more information on. Please, let me know of your interests and I will endeavor to uncover the facts as I travel about the far east. I will be there most of October and will have the ability to travel to a number of places off the beaten track.

Did Mao get his push for Communism from an alien visitor? Is there a crypto beast (like Bigfoot) running around Yellow Mountain? Does the NWO have outposts in Sichuan? Post your questions here.

At ATS we seek to uncover the truth and deny ignorance. Here is an opportunity to look beyond FOX news and into the mists of China.

I cannot promise that I will be able to meet all requests, but as a field agent for ATS I will endeavor to do my best in the interests of Truth.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Hi m8

Have a nice trip.

And don´t eat what you don´t know at those local markets and stay away from stinky tofu

Serious if you come across the Chinese pyramids I would love so nice pics.
But they are more in central China.

Anyway enjoy.

nando out!

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PPLwakeUP
And don´t eat what you don´t know at those local markets and stay away from stinky tofu !

No worries there. I am well versed on the delights of Chinese cuisine. I am also a certified EMT and have more inoculations than I would care to count. As a regular World Traveler, I  have a good knowledge of how to stay healthy around the globe. I have eaten things that most wouldn't consider giving to their pet dog.

As for the Pyramids... If I get anywhere near them, I will do my best to get the local back story and to add some pictorial evidence.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Terapin, first of all, have a great and safe trip.

What I would be intersted in hearing is the Chinese side of the story about all the bad stuff we've been getting from China: pet food, toothpaste, toys.
What is the word over there, if any? I have no idea how open--or closed--their media is and if any of that even makes it into the papers, etc.

It would also be interesting to get the Chinese view of the US, from the average man/woman on the street.
Do they think we are the most greedy and corrupt country on the planet or are they too busy keeping rice on the table to feed the kids?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
For further information, I will be equipped with a quality, water proof digital video camera that has great night filming capabilities, so I should have no trouble getting the elusive shots that you may request. I will have full Mandarin language capability so language translation will not be a problem. I have approved travel permits as well as being on the US 'Go Fly' list (as opposed to the 'No Fly' list. Thank you FBI.) I will be traveling with a Chinese national to further smooth out any cultural issues. Depending on local conditions, I will have some Internet access for fast reporting.

As many of you realize, China is a fast emerging nation that is poised to have major influence in our lives, now and in the future. Uncovering the hidden story may be difficult due to local policies, but the truth is out there and the locals know more than one may assume from US news sources.

Please, let me know where your interests point and if I am able I will look deeper  and turn over a few stones.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Terapin have a wonderful trip.

I would be interested to know what you can discover about the continued human rights abuse of Falun Gong practitioners in China.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
DontTreadOnMe

In China, when dining in a restaurant, they traditionally use chopsticks. One may assume that they are washed or disposed of after each meal. My sources state that they always bring their own because often the chop sticks are washed illegally, in harsh chemicals, and they do not consider them at all safe. The government has quashed any attempts to publicise this information. When it comes to tainted products in the US, the average individual on the street in China has no idea that this is happening, but they are not at all surprised that Chinese companies are less than honest in their business practises. Many Chinese nationals do not trust the safety nor quality of Chinese products.

From what I have observed, the Chinese people do not see Americans as corrupt, greedy foreign devils. They well understand, that in any society, there will be individuals who are the rotten apple (or rice) in the barrel. In general, they view Americans as industrious people who have made great progress, much to be emulated.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Lady of the Lake,

i will keep my eye out and ear to the ground, to see if I can find any practitioners of Falung Gong. Since its practise is considered a cult by the authorities, and is banned, this may be difficult to uncover in a public venue. As I have solid contacts and a Chinese national companion, I may have some luck in being able to talk with such groups on the sly.

I find it funny to note that the Chinese government has even gone so far as to require registration BEFORE reincarnating, in the sad attempt to control spiritual faith. Falung Gong is on the Chinese governments hit list, which often only serves to make it stronger.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Would you consider investigating any of the Dropa legends? Here is the wiki page in case you don't already know all about it:
en.wikipedia.org...

There are those series of caves in the south of china to check out. Banpo Museum in Xi'an that apparently has Dropa stones on display. That would be cool to check out. There is the Village of The Dwarfs (or something) that would be neat to see. They are Dropa/Human crossbreeds apparently?
Anyway, check out the Dropa info on that page, maybe get some pics if you happen to be in the area of any Dropa sites over there...

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
What is being featured prominently in the media the average joes over there are exposed to would be of great interest to me. Obviously there is access to some of that stuff online, but a guy like me has no way of knowing what the average Chinese citizen is actually seeing, and most people who would want to tell me about that would be doing it to promote a certain view, which automatically makes what they have to say suspect.

I've often found that you can get a good sense of what a government is preparing people for by what the media is talking about.
Although it is probably more of a factor with governments which allow their people the greatest political latitude, no government can afford to completely disregard the perceptions held by the people.

Of particular interest would be anything relating that would appear to be promoting a particular view in regards to Russia, Cuba, South America, or East Africa.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Thank you but please be careful.

This is a subject that has long held a fascination with me. I know some people who have left China who practice this faith. I am also aware of what has happened to them when they have returned to China. Very scarey.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I'd be very interested to learn of any pyramid-type structures, and also about anything health related. Are the weird health problems that we see in the news coming from mere probability of having more people, or are people just that much less healthy (for example, the baby born recently with 3 arms, the only known case of a human being infected with a giant kidney worm, and the man with the giant hand from the medical issues forum)? Are there more strange health phenomena that we in the west just don't hear about?

Also, are the Chinese growing phony chemical ridden berries and passing them off as the newest craze goji berries? If so, do any of the reputable goji berry distributors buy from them?

Thanks for doing our legwork and have a safe and really fun trip!

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Have a great trip Terapin!

My only request is to print out some ATS cards to leave everywhere.
It would be so interesting to have more Chinese citizens here to chat with. Also, I wonder to what extent their internet is censored.

thanks for thinking of your fellow members!

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
Have a great trip Terapin!

My only request is to print out some ATS cards to leave everywhere.
It would be so interesting to have more Chinese citizens here to chat with.

Genius!!!!!   That idea alone is worth it's weight in gold for me. Superb plan that I will most definitely put into action. I'll print up cards and leave them in every Internet cafe, meeting place, and university that I come across. We need a world view here on ATS and adding members from China is well worth pursuing.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
In answer to the question how heavily the internet is censored in China - simple response heavily censored. I know this from a personal and business perspective.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
honestly, what i would be interested in is a first hand account of the actual human rights situation there. just how much freedom of speech do they or dont they have etc...

im kind of learning about korea and its given me interest in the whole region but we all hear these rumors and reports about how the people are so oppressed and id love to hear a first hand retelling of what its like for the avg joe there.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Hi terrapin, can you try to find more stuff about ufos and the paranormal there? Do they have alot of ghost sightings and there thoughts about the ufo phenomena? What they think about roswell to?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Awesome thread, love to see the selflessness and the search for truth, wherever it may be.

That said, I've always been interested in this mountain area near Kongka La and the area near it being a frequent UFO sighting area. We don't hear much from this area because it's not really covered much under mainstream news.

Anyway, here's a link to the area I'm talking about and some info on it. How far will you be able to move around once there? I'm thinking what I'm proposing may be pretty far out there, but might offer up some good UFO photos

www.ufodigest.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I'm curious as to what the average Chinese person's view on Taiwan is. Whether or not they feel that they have the right to control Taiwan, and whether or not they feel that military intervention is either justified or needed. Also, I'd be highly interested in what their view on Iran is.

Thanks in advance, and please enjoy your trip.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Oh.... Bad feeling about this.

I guess in true discovery, we have to poke a stick into everything.

Time to take a new ATS ride. I'll be watching.

Good luck to those putting thier lives on the line here. No corner of the earth left unturned. I guess it has to be.

Seriously, be safe.

Flagged.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join