It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Reggae Fans??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'm sure most of you have heard and listened to Bob Marley. Who doesn't love Bob. He is and will remain a Legend. But are there any real dancehall reggae fans here, who listen to the new stuff and like sound clashes?

StoneLove and Killamanjaro are my fave sounds!
Buju Banton, Capleton, Beenie Man, Wayne Wonder and Sanchez are my fave artists.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Greetings in the name of his majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I!!! King of Kings, protector of the tribe of Judah!!!

JAH!!! RASTAFARI!!!

I like Bob of course, some of his kids, his wife Rita, Alpha Blondy, Buju Banton, Peter Tosh...

Dancehall I like, Elephant man, T.O.K., Beenie Man, Red Rat, Lady Saw...
& the classics, like Shaka Demus & Pliers, Shabba Ranks, Yellow Man, SuperCat, Tiger...

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
neither one likes Eek-A-Mouse?
he is like the second best reggae artist there is. you guys know his stuff? if not try out there songs: Rude boy jamaican, police in helicopter, ganja smuglin, macho man etc etc.
Great songs. trust me

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Reggae music is THE SHIZNAD! I LOVE Bob Marley, Ziggy Marley, Peter Tosh, UB40, Shaka Demus & Pliers, and MORE!!!!

Red Red Wine by UB40 is currrently THE SONG floating through my head....

The new stuff is good, but CANNOT CLASS the old. I was actually listening to the "Peter Tosh: Honorary Citizen" CD set earlier. What a good set... WOO!

Well, I actually JUST CAME HOME FROM WORK and am very tired, so maybe I'll come back tomorrow and rant more about how REGGAE RULES!

Later, all.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

hey mannnnnnn take a lok at tis

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Greetings!! wha a gwaan fellas

mi guess it a just we into de reggae vibes

I think we all share the same taste, I love the old stuff too, UB40 is cool, Murder She Wrote was my song (do the butterfly), Cocoa T, Garnett Silk. and me love de dances!!

i definitely gotta get my hands on those unreleased marley songs.

and i like eekamouse, that "police in helicopta song is wikid!!!" I got that song on one of my blunted cd.

so do you guys go to clashes or shows? Who have you seen perform live? i love the live #t...

StoneLove be out here like every other weekend. Too bad i can't go to all of the shows..i gotta be choosey.

one love

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I love Bob too ! Who doesn't?

Does Sean Paul count as reggae? I like some of his beats, especialy when going out clubbing...

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Yeah Sean Paul counts, I like him too

Gimme da light!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I like Ska. It's a relative of reggae. Ain't nothin' finer than skankin' the night away.

Reel Big Fish
Less Than Jake
Skankin' Pickle
Sublime(kinda)
Suicide Machines
Mealticket
etc, etc, etc...

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Sometimes.

For a Polynesian downbeat feel but still commercial try Salmonella Dub out of Christchurch.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSwordMaster
neither one likes Eek-A-Mouse?
he is like the second best reggae artist there is. you guys know his stuff? if not try out there songs: Rude boy jamaican, police in helicopter, ganja smuglin, macho man etc etc.
Great songs. trust me

I love his voice... Ganja Smuglin is cool!!

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
I love Bob too ! Who doesn't?

Does Sean Paul count as reggae? I like some of his beats, especialy when going out clubbing...

That's called Dancehall Reggae... Or Rub-a-Dub as it was called in the late 80's, early 90's...

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Yeah Sean Paul counts, I like him too

Gimme da light!!!

Hey!!! I was almost wondering if anybody else knew him.

I like Gimme da light, Like glue, Get busy (altho the last 3 ones were a bit over-played here...), Shake that thing, Everblazing and Grindin' is one of my favorite.

There's another one I like, not sure, but I think the title is concrete. Not sure if it's the good song or not tho...Seems I can't find 'em on my system at this time...

Those are some good booty-shaking beats ! lol...

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Sometimes.

For a Polynesian downbeat feel but still commercial try Salmonella Dub out of Christchurch.

Salmonella Dub out of Christchurch? I thought they were from Kaikoura. Ah well. Learn something new everyday. Their CD "Inside the Dubplates" is sick, 'specially "The Bromley East Roller," the live drumming is insane.

If your thread includes Dance Hall: Elephant Man, #ly, Althia and Donna, Kardinal Official and early Sean Paul like 'Infiltrate' offer great Carribbean ambiance.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Ska is alright, but that's strictly lounging and smoking music for me.

Dancehall is really my get up and dance thing!!!

Sean Paul is okay, but he's still doesn't have enough talent to compare to Beanie Man or Bounty Killer or Capleton.

Sean Paul has the booty-shakin cross culture aspect to his music, which is good. I have no complaints because he is bringing recognition to the industry.

btw, I checked out that Salmonella Dub, they are alrite, not my thing though.

I highly recommend artists like Sanchez, Wayne Wonder, and my all-time favorite reggae artist SuperCat.

this site has great tunes on real player

audiomaxxx.com...

forgot to mention, the site has tunes you can listen to for free, but you have to contend with the website owner, steady plugging his site on the tracks, can't blame him, the guy just wants people to buy his stuff.

[Edited on 1-25-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
forgot to add another cool reggae site with videos

www.realvibes.net...
check out the song "it was written" by Damian Jr. Gong Marley, Capleton and Stephen Marley. It's near the bottom of the page.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Love black uhuru.

Anyone remember Daddy Freddy from about 10 years ago? I don't know whatever happened to him, lol

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
Anyone remember Daddy Freddy from about 10 years ago? I don't know whatever happened to him, lol

Daddy Freddy is Drum n' Bass/Breaks MC out in the UK. I recently bought a CD and to my surprise he had a few spots on it spittin' when the beats became mundane. A couple of the things he did were crazy.

Skibbada boobedy Doo Blibbdy rizza razza daba deebee daba dobe dobe skibbada blau.

Picture him saying that at a million miles an hour. Sounds funny, but it sounds really cool if you heard the track I'm talking about. The intro was like this:

"This is Daddy Freddy and you're listenin' to Aquasky mixin' it up on the knowledge CD ya seen! Giddy's man do it, blah! (echo of blah!) #in tight CD it is.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
check out the song "it was written" by Damian Jr. Gong Marley, Capleton and Stephen Marley. It's near the bottom of the page.

Hell Yeah, I've had "it was written" on my computer for ages. Produced by DJ Clue right?

"A vester on his chest
And Rastafari is his name
A gift of everlasting life
For us to all sustain
Blessing that you all be got
Lessons taught you all forgot
Rasta call I # you not

Do you remember Elijah?!
And his chariot of flames!
Same..blood..dat..run..thru..my veins!"

Bad ass track. I don't know if it's dancehall or reggae though.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
lol parrhesia...daddy freddy eh?
black uhuru is cool for just vibing.

insite it was written would probably fall under the reggae category...anything with conscious lyrics is reggae, all the booty-shaking, ass -wining is dancehall.

you should also check on Jah Jah City on the same site, since you like It was Written.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join