It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is David Icke a con man?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think Icke is a cointel pro agent, or rather project, a filter to put anything you want in the crazy category.

Lets assume you orchestrated 911. A lot of things do not match up. People are going to talk about it, you cant stop it short of setting up death camps. The next best thing you can do, is to run the information through a filter, that puts it in the crazy category. Build up somebody like David Icke, have him talk about human reptilians and what not. Put him on TV, have him publich books. He gets known as a crazy man who spouts crazy stuff.

The next step you do is to have him talk about 911, about what really happened, how it is odd that WTC 7 building fell although no plane hit it. People know this man as somebody who is crazy, somebody who talks about shapeshifting human reptilians. They hear about the 911 conspiracy from this man and put it in the crazy category, coming from somebody crazy who thinks our politicians are literally shapeshifting reptilians.

If you talk to somebody about 911, who heard about it first from david icke (likely the way he is being pushed), you will have to defend yourself how you do not really believe that Al gore is a shapeshifting reptillian.

Hide in plain sight. The best thing you can do is apply reason to a theory. A cointel Pro agent might be the only source for something that is actually a fact, but you cant afford to just take anything at face value.

What is the chance of Aliens starting to visit earth about the same time the Germans experiment with saucer shaped flying craft. Miniscule. Aliens are the cover up.

What is the chance that the military conducts an exercise over new york simulating terrorist jacking planes, the day terrorists jack planes and slam them into buildings, miniscule 911 was an inside job and the operation served to confuse norad, to avoid having to order them to stand down and thereby admitting guilt to the lowest ranks.
What is the likelyhood MI6 conducts antiterror training in the subways of London the day Terrorists carry out acts of terror in London? Miniscule the attack on London was an inside job as well.

What is the likelyhood, that Al Gore is a shapeshifting reptilian, with David Icke and no source of information to back up that phenomena? Miniscule, David Icke is most likely lying.
edit on 7-11-2010 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2010 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

I see you have bumped almost every anti-David Icke thread on ATS and you call him a "cointel pro agent." You have about as much proof of that as I have that you are a "cointel pro agent."

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
As i have said before in my opion david does us NO favours in england when he,s walking in la la land with some of his outragous claims. Her MAJESTY (god bless her) must be very upset being called a REPTILE / ALIEN. I hope our cousins in America, Do.not tar us all over here with the same brush. I myself believe in aliens, But not that the queen is one of them. I have seen H.R.H quite close up twice now, but i saw no signs of her being anything but human. ( By all means David believe what you will, its your God given right. But do not be Rude.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rogertom

David has taken demon posession and tried to explain it.

Thats all he has done. Demon posession is something all societies have believed in.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think hes got a coc aine problem.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well he as certainly got the money now, to fund a large coke habit , but i dont think thats the case, because in my opinion his mind is far too stretched to breaking point as it is. The sheer thought of his mind taking on another task must be unbearable.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I dug up this old thread here today, as I am looking over some of the older threads.. Maybe this information can help some newer members find the information they are looking for.
This thread turned into a very good debate, and has a wealth of knowledge for those new to ATS. Or those just looking to find something deeper on the subject.

I have grown so much as a person since I was here last year. Many of my views remain the same, but I do feel differently about the world and conspiracy theories in general.

In the end, I feel David has been selected to be the spokes person for the conspiracy community. But not just him, there are many others. Alex Jones is another.
While most of the information is based upon Jordan Maxwells work and research done by people for a long long time. Its just since the internet we can compile and mass this knowledge. But with that comes the disinformation. Its up to the reader to read between the lines, and come to their own conclusions.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SonofGod25

That is pretty bold statement. Cocaine? Well it sure would help a person speak with great influence and energy. I know David did mess around with '___' type drugs, but never once have I heard of him doing coc aine, nor have I seen the signs of a coke head when he is on stage. People who do that drug have tells, that will give it away very quickly. In non of his videos, can I see any notion of coke abuse.

Now '___', and mind alter drugs.. That is a different story. He has admitted to doing those drugs for spiritual reasons. But due to the Terms of ATS that I agree'ed to I have to leave it at that.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'm of the belief that people should see everything and then form their own opinions from their judgement... Maybe some people have better judgement than others, and therefore will have better opinions. The way I see it, David Icke has never forced his opinions on anyone, but he does a very good job of outlining why he believes what he does.

Is he a con man? Not at all... People can choose not to buy his books if they are not interested, if they are, well then his books go further in depth on the topics you expect them to. It's not like you're paying for a pie and getting a mud pie, you're getting what you paid for. A con man is a person who promises one thing and delivers something else once he gets his money. There is a difference. If you are not interested in the material, don't buy it.

Is David Icke misleading people? That I do not know for sure as there is insubstantial proof one way or the other. Now, just because there is no proof that his theories are correct, it does not automatically mean they are incorrect. If the Royal Family and other high profile people actually WERE reptilian aliens, then surely they would be advanced enough to cover their tracks. It's not like the public has scoured the entire earth's surface and beneath (and there are also places the public is not allowed access to as well). Consider that there are many species of insects and marine animals that we have not yet discovered as well, does not mean they don't exist. However, I cannot say for certain that he is right.

Do I believe in Aliens? Yes, I do... but that is just my own opinion based on my own experiences, and I've experienced a lot of things (some that others would find hard to believe or dismiss as delusions). Still, I don't expect everyone to believe me, and honestly, if I wrote a book about it, I would hope that people would buy it and read it; 1) because I am like every other person in the world who needs money to survive and 2) because I hope that people can know my experiences and form a better opinion based on what I have to say. And if I get proven wrong, then that's also good because at least it gives me some closure on something I'm not sure about... however, David Icke has not been proven wrong, so his opinions still hold as much merit as anyone elses'.

I hate repeating this line but; every piece of information or opinion should be taken with a grain of salt. Obviously you get people who become very hardcore about certain opinions or ideas, and you will also get people who are completely dismissive about things because they are either closed-minded, or they are too fixated on perceived reality that anything that just sounds too "out there" cannot be true. All I have to say is that if we knew everything there is to know about reality, then we probably wouldn't have lying politicians and bankers running our world, now would we?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If you've ever LISTENED to David Icke, he tells people right at the start of every lecture "not to take his word, but to do your own research and come up with theories on your own, or take away the bits he talks about that you agree with and find out information for yourself".

These are hardly the words of a con man.

David Icke was one of the very early conspiracy theorists. His lectures also aren't all about conspiracy theories, they're about the strange world we live in as well.

The parts of his lectures which deals with (a) religion and (b) racism are "must sees" even for skeptics.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

If you've ever LISTENED to David Icke, he tells people right at the start of every lecture "not to take his word, but to do your own research and come up with theories on your own, or take away the bits he talks about that you agree with and find out information for yourself".

Those are the words of a conman. Of course they are. That is how cons work. You tell people that they can go out and do their own research. How many people do? Hardly anyone at all. There is a level of trust built up by saying that you can do your own research or you can check the financial statements or you can ask anyone in town or ...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Every one of those statements could be attributed to:

Benny Hinn

Tony Roberts

Oprah Winfrey

Tony Blair

Stalin

The Dali Lama

All people, like David Icke, I and the OP have never met.

Why is taking down, or debunking, David Icke a passion for people? He's written a few books about his journey, like Carlos Castenada, and yet, folks post drivel of this nature as if they have brought down the catholic church. Oddly enough, the same could be said for the catholic church as an institution but i bet this poster has no posts about it. This post is particularly awful in that this is just a bumper sticker rehash of other people's attacks without any substance at all, and yet again there are pages of responses.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by theMat

Is he a con man? Not at all... People can choose not to buy his books if they are not interested, if they are, well then his books go further in depth on the topics you expect them to. It's not like you're paying for a pie and getting a mud pie, you're getting what you paid for. A con man is a person who promises one thing and delivers something else once he gets his money. There is a difference. If you are not interested in the material, don't buy it.

What if he claims that what is written in his books is true and what he delivers is fiction. That would mean he "promises one thing and delivers something else."

Is David Icke misleading people? That I do not know for sure as there is insubstantial proof one way or the other.

Are you sure about that? What about all of his 1991 predictions? Is New Zealand still here? Did Rainier explode? Has the chunnel collapsed?

What about his predictions that by the end of 1991 that an 8.0 quake would submerge land from Cuba to Greece?

After a while he did state that those things were not going to happen. It's true. When they did not happen he said they would not happen.

Now he is into the shape shifting reptile fairy tale and even claims people saw Princess Di change. He claims that all American presidents come from the same blood line. Most of his claims are disconnected from reality. He has learned to avoid stating issues that are easily decided.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

He's written a few books about his journey, like Carlos Castenada, and yet, folks post drivel of this nature as if they have brought down the catholic church.

Castenada stated that his stories were hoaxes. He said he made it all up.

It seems you are therefore saying Icke makes it all up.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

As far as truth goes, if he believes what he is saying is true, then he is not a con man for saying that it is. Con men know when they are lying to people to take advantage of them, and I personally think David Icke sincerely believes what he says.

If you think David Icke is a con man, then you obviously do not know much about con men. First of all, David DID write all his books, which takes a big investment of time, money and effort. The money he makes from his books is simply a return on his investments, which does not make it a dishonest business practice. Con men want to get the most return with as little investment as possible, there is a big difference. Secondly, when you buy or read his books, you are not reading blank pages, you are reading what you are expecting to read, whether or not it is the truth or fiction and whether or not he said it is truth or fiction does not make it a con. For instance, there are lots of GMO food products which are labeled "organic" and sold under that premise, and yet no one calls the grocery stores or food companies con men. Also, it's not as if David Icke's books are found under the "science" category or “history” category in book stores. You would find his books under the "new age" section, so you can't possibly say that anyone one would be fooled into buying his books thinking that they are science and history. And lastly, his books only cost about $30 on average, which is the average price of any other book that size, so you're not exactly getting ripped off if you buy them. It would be a different story if the books were selling for hundreds of dollars and claimed to give you the security codes to hack into the Federal Reserve or the Pentagon or something, that I would call a scam, but David Icke is just a guy selling books for peoples' interests. Simply put, if you are not interested, don't buy them. What is in the books and what he says to sell the books are largely unproven to be true or false, so they are just selling points, and the one thing all consumers are taught from the start is that it is their responsibility to beware of the products they purchase.

So I have just concluded for you that: no, David Icke is not a con man... case closed!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by theMat

If you think David Icke is a con man, then you obviously do not know much about con men.

You realize that nothing listed there matters. Not a thing. What matters is in the first paragraph. Your list of issues of price, where stores place the books, etc. has no bearing on the matter.

As far as truth goes, if he believes what he is saying is true, then he is not a con man for saying that it is. Con men know when they are lying to people to take advantage of them, and I personally think David Icke sincerely believes what he says.

The issue is whether or not he is knowingly writing books full of what he knows to be lies. That is all that matters.

I suggest that if he is smart enough to write the books, then he is smart enough to know it is all a lie. And that is why I believe he is a con man.
edit on 9-6-2012 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
When I read some quote of his he sometimes appears a loon, yet when I listen to him or read his stuff in more depth, he makes a lot of sense.

I don't know why someone would put up with the rubbish he does if they didn't truly believe. There are easier ways he could make a living.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by babybunnies

Those are the words of a conman. Of course they are. That is how cons work. You tell people that they can go out and do their own research. How many people do? Hardly anyone at all. There is a level of trust built up by saying that you can do your own research or you can check the financial statements or you can ask anyone in town or ...

your words are the words of a con man
show us a con that involves doing your DUE DILIGENCE

the sign says turn right...you turn wrong ...and its the signs fault?????
thats the most hillarious post yet today
edit on 9-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

your words are the words of a con man
show us a con that involves doing your DUE DILIGENCE

the sign says turn right...you turn wrong ...and its the signs fault?????
thats the most hillarious post yet today

Your post makes no sense at all. I did not write or suggest anything along the lines you suggest. You might want to go back and reread my post and figure out where you went astray. Then again maybe your purpose was to misrepresent.

To simplify: a con man acts as if it is not a con.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Who knows. Icke could be a real hoax and he could work for the illuminati. Spreading disinfo into the public, twisting real allegelations and make them make... I think he's a real fraud. You see, if he were a whistle blower or something, he would have been killed ages ago, like all the other whistl blowers such as Phil Schildner. And he earns his moeny by selling his books, does he?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join