It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is David Icke a con man?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
David Icke is no different from some in the scientific politial fields out to make a couple of bucks dishing 'theories' to make a living.

At most they would have earned only $60 from the curious who bought their goods.

At least a whole lot better than the TPTB that have been robbing you and your generations for thousands of dollars each year with a gun over your heads and leaving you to rot.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JOHNK46

He is a Reptilian and on our side.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
First off, before I get into my reply,"quote". I would like to say there was alot of great debate going on in this thread! Most of you have kept a level head, and ask great questions! And its always Wise to ask questions, and very wise to be skeptical of such folks, and such ideas!!

I was one of the first Icke supporters to come into this thread and offer up my point of view.. But this quote right here is something I felt the need to address after such a long time..
Its an old thread.. but still a good one! One of the better Icke VS rational thought threads on ATS..

Originally posted by filosophia

Does he want locking up?

He is the only person to call the Royal family a line of Reptilians without any type of legal discourse done against him. Some people get sued for simply denying a historical event, while this guy gets away with quite a bit.

Your thoughts...

You bring up a great point!!

While I am an Icke supporter, I still find a few things hard to deal with or understand.. I support Icke, and can understand many things he has to offer.. But I am a skeptical person by nature. So I do not take all that is said to heart!~

My thoughts... Someone, or some group is protecting David Icke!
Logically he must be protected by a powerful group of people.. As we know people can not just go on TV and say such things, without backlash..
Icke did get alot of backlash. But he was never locked up.. Or put into a mental Ward.. Never Baker Acted!!!

That seems odd to me! When person says such things in the USA here.. You are put into Mental Wards for such thought patterns.
You do not have to say you want to kill yourself or be suicidal to get into mental Wards.. Baker Acts can be put upon people who are delusional!

And clearly much of what Icke says is considered delusional!!
100% Delusions when it comes to the text book notions, and actions..

So how did David Icke keep himself from being put into a mental ward for a period of time..
Great question!! And this is something that begs an answer!!!

While I have feelings that much of what Icke says holds much truth!
There is much to what he says that is considered PURE delusions!!!

And in any country or State, regular folks would be locked up.. Or at the very least Baker acted!

And I will state again.. You don't have to say I want to kill myself, or be suicidal to get the baker act.

From all that David Icke has said.. You or I could go through the proper channels and have him locked up for thinking and saying such things..
And I am sure they have tried to Baker Act him.
But why didn't he spend time?

He has kids for one.
Drives a car. Ect Ect.. Yet no baker Act..

That seems fishy to me.. and I didn't really think about it until I read further into this thread...

And this is comming from a person who enjoys Icke.. And all his work..
But yeah.. There is something not fitting together for me here..

Con man? Hmmmm I really do not still think he is a Con man..

But I do think he is a part of the conspiracy on many levels...

They allow him to make money.. Allow him to talk, As he speaks half truths.. And much of what he says serves those in those places of power..
He tells us just enough to muddy the waters even further.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Tadarida

But after the initial shock, I found myself unable to shake the idea. What if...? Certainly he is not the only one talking about this, and yes... his research seems water tight. I love the "what if" thinking. In the end, it's fascinating to think about.

That's pretty much how I feel about Icke as well. I haven't read his books and I don't really visit his website, but I've listened to some of his interviews and read transcripts of others. His stuff is the kind you can't just throw out at someone in a conversation because it's so bizarre that it just makes people laugh. However some of it doesn't seem so crazy if you happen to review any of it with a bit of an open mind.

One thing that is intriguing to me is that he DOES specifically name some of the people who have approached him about having first-hand knowledge of shape-shifting reptilians. I believe one was a good friend of Princess Diana. Have any of these people come forward and said they never reported such things to Icke? I'd be curious to know if anyone he's named has denied his claims or called him a liar.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

My thoughts... Someone, or some group is protecting David Icke! Logically he must be protected by a powerful group of people.. As we know people can not just go on TV and say such things, without backlash..

Ditto here, too! That topic has been perplexing me for quite a while. I assumed saying such outrageous things about the Royal Family could get a person in some hot water . . . yet he sees no repercussions and, in fact, continues to enjoy success. Very strange to me.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
One could ask this of any high-profiled person.

I think Icke speaks with confidence, certainty and conviction which might get confused with ego. I don't feel he's at all egotistical. He's enlightened and awake to an alternative reality. One in which I subscribe to.

Reptilians (you question)?
Why the hell not? I feel everything we've been taught is one gigantic lie. I'm not saying this was done on purpose rather....by ignorance, programing and practice.

Open your minds even though, it's been pretty brainwashed. But I think if one closes his eyes to see, things become a lot clear.

David Icke is okay in my book

Sorry you feel otherwise OP

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
He's an idiot and a conman. He makes up fictional stories and exploits people who lack the ability to think for themselves. I dont know which is worse, a guy who claims we are ruled by lizards or the people who believe him!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I don't know much about David Icke, but he seems pretty alright to me:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pryde87
He's an idiot and a conman. He makes up fictional stories and exploits people who lack the ability to think for themselves. I dont know which is worse, a guy who claims we are ruled by lizards or the people who believe him!

Actually it's people like you who don't open your minds up to the possibility of learning who are missing out.

Many if not most ancient cultures (and religions) revered and referenced reptiiles. Why is that? Did the whole world go mad every couple thousand years?

Hopi = "Snake-Brothers"
Mayan god = "serpent of wisdom"
Columbian = "Celestial Snake"
King of Athens = "half man, half snake"
India = "Naga are reptilian beings"
Chinese, Korean and Japanese = Yong, Ryu (dragons)
Book of Genesis = God punishes the serpent for deceiving
Africa = Chitauri (race of reptilians)

We also have Dinosauroid cave art.
We have to the Royal family describe of having 'blue-blood'
We also have constellation Draco
etc etc etc.

Just open your mind, that's all.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Theres a difference between having an open mind and being gullible. How come there is zero evidence of these elite reptiles? Its an incredibly far fetched claim without a scrap of evidence to support it. Those points you listed are not evidence for it, its just connecting two unrelated things in order to support your argument

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I would point out that the so-called "Dinosauroid" cave art is in most cases obvious fakes. It's been proposed by Icke like people that it represents dinosaurs.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pryde87
Theres a difference between having an open mind and being gullible. How come there is zero evidence of these elite reptiles? Its an incredibly far fetched claim without a scrap of evidence to support it. Those points you listed are not evidence for it, its just connecting two unrelated things in order to support your argument

And I'll retort with: How come there's zero evidence of God?

The reverence to reptiles is/was world-wide. From ancient cultures to the modern day bible.

I realize most people want proof. I get it. But when you read about these societies all worshipping some sort of reptile one has to pause and wonder why.

If you believe we originated from genetic engineering by off-world entities then your mind opens up and your walls come down and your old world/paradigms, crashes around you.

I think that belief (whether you have it or don't) is the catalyst. If you don't believe in that (and you still think we came from Adam/Eve or evolution then) nothing will ever convince you.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
If I was atheist I would say you are right. There is no evidence of God, therefore he doesnt exist. If I was religious I would tell you that the evidence is all around you; life itself.

I dont understand how you can believe something with so many holes in its logic:

Why havent we found a reptile/human body? People die, go to hospitals for check ups. We would have seen or got hold of one by now.

These supposed reptiles dont look like reptiles, they looks like humans. Why is this? If they are shapeshifting, how do they do it.

Why doesnt the Queen lie down on a rock in buckingham palace gardens when the sun comes up, to absorb enough heat energy to go about her reptile day?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I have spoken with David Icke ..
He is a ok guy... a little strange .. not someone I would like to hang out with on a daily bases for I don't want to poked or probed to prove I am a human LOL.

I spoke with him alot in 07 .. he didn't seem to be in it all for the money, but to spread his word and get more of research done.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Strange name is it pronounced ICKY or IckE?
I read his book a while ago and laughed as he built th ereader up to his revelation about the "Reptiles" he is a pure humorist.
He is taking the lemonade out of all of us.
But at least he is funny.
But alas he is also oh so very very clever.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
In my opinion david ike is of the ilk of people who will find connotations in any subject matter he deems fit, at any given time of the day. Now he is certainly within his rights to do so,but i ask myself why does a man have so so many conspiracy theories,some of which appear to be so far off the chart and roaming all around la,la land. I have no answer,but i dont think he,s a con man he seems very sincere when he talks about what he believes.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by rogertom

I have no answer,but i dont think he,s a con man he seems very sincere when he talks about what he believes.

That's what a con man does. Madoff had to seem very sincere to get people to give him their money. That's what Icke does. He has to seem sincere so that you'll give him your money, i.e. buy his books.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I saw a video where David Icke said that cats could see other dimensions (seriously).

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I trully believe that Icke is a danger for the weak mind and young, impressionable people, or naive.
I am a mother of a young adult Asperger, recently admitted in a mental hospital being delusional, paranaoid
schizophrenic, who thinks he communicates with David Icke and mistrusts anyone.
I did not see this coming. He often talked about this man, he bought all his books, he looked at all his
videos, but I did not expect of him to be so influenced by Ike's theories. My son is a very intelligent
man, he excells in History, he was majoring in History in university, but lately all he could talk was
about Icke.
I do understand that it is not Icke's fault for my son becoming ill completely, but he had a role
playing in it with his wild theories, making everybody suspicious of everybody.

Have you been to Icke's forum? It is full of young people! Very easy to manipulate and to
get a good amount of money from them. How sick and unscrupulous this man!

Anyway, my son's story is true. This happened just last Saturday. I am still in shock, angry,
sad, feeling alone. I took care of him since I was 17 years old; all my life! and now I have
to get used to be without my original son and maybe without him.

If you know about any similar case, let me know. I want this man to stop making more
damage with his greediness and irresponsible conduct/ideas.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I pray your son gets better!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join