posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:46 AM
Is David Icke a con man?
Don't know, but I'll tell you what I do know
There are many views on Icke:
- He is only out to make money from his wild allegations;
Maybe, but what's wrong with that? Everyone has to make money. I'm getting a little tired of watching Goldman Sachs walk away with billions if not
trillions of dollars while political activists get harassed if they make over a million.
- He is feeding an already overinflated ego;
I can't argue with that, unless he is a Buddhist and does not believe in an ego. He does say that "David Icke" is only a figment of his
imagination, so you could argue he does not view it as ego. But for the record he is not a Buddhist and is a bit ignorant of their rules.
- He never renounced his wild assertion that he is the son of god. Did he?
Does he need to? I applaud his effort. I too am the son of God.
- His books are simply copied and pasted from his earlier books, and those are summaries of other people's conspiracy theories;
While they are not entirely other people's conspiracies, they are copied and pasted.
- He refuses to answer questions on his wild allegations, unless you pay him a tenner!
So did the philosopher Zeno, he would only talk about philosophy to wealthy people if they paid him money. It's a smart thing to do when you are
constantly running into hecklers. You have to realize that not everyone is an avid Icke fan who asks him to explain his theories. Plus he explains
them on tv. (edit: sorry, not tv. but internet. I forget how controlled tv is not having one). so people can at least hear them for free.
- A little knowledge is a very dangerous thing, and Icke's knowledge is very patchy;
He's one of the only 'alien' 'truthers' that is really famous. Icke is able to tie a lot of conspiracies together, plus it is beyond question he
is an international superstar.
- He is leading an easily lead section of the population astray with his wild, ill thought out theories;
Yes, but the easily led population will go anywhere, because they're easily led. These people are still signing up for the war for Christ's sake, so
we need a son of God to put some common sense into them.
- His 'website headlines' are more hate fuelled than any of the people he criticises.
I find his website to be a money making scheme, I'll say that much. His website is useless in my opinion.
Does he want locking up?
He is the only person to call the Royal family a line of Reptilians without any type of legal discourse done against him. Some people get sued for
simply denying a historical event, while this guy gets away with quite a bit.
Icke has a very sketchy story of how he became enlightened, basically he went to Africa and talked to someone there. I tried watching a video of
Icke's African connection, and it is a little hard to grasp. I'm not discrediting the guy on his face, but let's be real here, it's not a whole
lot of proof. Icke has a lot of other witness testimony that is sketchy, and his recent rantings about the moon are a little left field.
The only conspiracy Icke does not touch is the Holocaust theory. Take that however you need to take that, but that's a fact.
[edit on 11-5-2010 by filosophia]