It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fidel Castro Dead?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
HERE is another recent article dispelling the death as rumors.

"At Aaction Home Health in Hialeah, office workers were abuzz because somebody from Cuba called a colleague to say folks in Havana were taking to the streets in anticipation of the news. At the University of Miami, media-relations officers worked the phones in search of confirmation.

But again, none of the rumors seemed to be panning out............

Calls flooded Miami Mayor Manny Diaz's office. The University of Miami and its Cuba experts wound up on high alert........

"Last Friday, when the rumors started again, my phone rang off the hook," said Andy Gomez, senior fellow at the University of Miami's Institute for Cuban & Cuban-American Studies. "It was everybody. Friends, family, the State Department. People went nuts."

Another false alarm."

How many more of these are we going to hear? The source in Cuba could not be verified after follow up and once again traffic was a nightmare for a brief moment in time.

By this time, if the death were true, I would expect more information to have come out. Because it has not, I feel safe in believing that even if Fidel Castro is dead, we will not know it at this point. If people in Cuba truly were taking to the streets, several of my friends with family over there would have gotten word out. There has been no additional information from local Miami news sources at this time. Only interviews of hopeful Cubans, but most are getting used to more rumor than fact these days. At this point they want positive confirmation before taking to the streets once again.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Here's the story from the MSNBC news site:

Castro Dead?

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I bet they will not announce it immediately, hide the info for as long they can.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hi all,

Why would they lie about it?
Last time when his life was in danger it was publicly announced that he was almost dead and spanish doctor went there to treat him.

His brother will be taking over anyway right?

nando out!

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I agree with PPLwakeup, if the FBI was notified of the death of Fidel then they just might be waiting for his successor to be named. it was only a matter of time before they announce it publicly.

But we all know what this means. The US is going to seek alliance and begin the trades again. Then with the Cuban army and US army we have the head count to invade some other country. I see a positive and a negative with Fidels death.

I'm sure plans are already in place for the new ruler of Cuba with US guidance.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syntaxstealth
I agree with PPLwakeup, if the FBI was notified of the death of Fidel then they just might be waiting for his successor to be named. it was only a matter of time before they announce it publicly.

But we all know what this means. The US is going to seek alliance and begin the trades again. Then with the Cuban army and US army we have the head count to invade some other country. I see a positive and a negative with Fidels death.

I'm sure plans are already in place for the new ruler of Cuba with US guidance.

The new ruler of Cuba has already been decided in the event that Fidel should die ... his name is Raul Castro.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Anytime you have a world leader in ill health and couple with that the secrecy surrounding any information regarding him you are going to generate constant speculation. His death has been reported many times and some day someone will be right.

I wouldn't look for any significant changes when he does die. His brother Raul has been firmly in control for a few years now with Fidel serving as little more than a figurehead. For this reason I expect the transition to be relatively seamless. Raul is said to be more anti US than Fidel so I wouldn't be looking for any favorable changes.

IMHO it will be many years before we see any significant changes in our relationship with Cuba.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
As the next generation of Cuban-Americans it is our duty to be at the forefront of all activities entrepreneurial, political, spiritual and intellectual in nature. We are the leaders of our culture and as so must have deep rooted convictions in all of our actions. We do not have direct relationships with our mother country in the ways that our parents have, but the nostalgia and recognition of OUR struggle still remains rushing fervently within our veins. We are more than just a company that sells Anti-Castro shirts, we are a movement that promotes the future welfare for Cuba. WE do not believe in the Tyrant and hence reduce his power with the proud messages displayed proudly on our apparel. We are the voice of the Cuban-Americans. We are the Real Cuba.

www.castroisdead.com...
www.castroestamuerto.com...

We believe that although Fidel is most likely dead, but it is still unannounced and therefore the weight has not been lifted off our parents and grandparents. We do believe that the Tyrant Effect Castro inflicted upon Cubans emigrants HAS NOT been transfered to us, the children of our parents. We are making these shirts to let the world know that Castro is most likely DEAD and his idea to spread fear into Cubans who once lived in Cuban is also DEAD. Castro is no longer alive in our minds or hearts.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
CASTRO ESTA MUERTO?

Are you in Florida? Well, i'm a first generation Cuban-American and if he is dead i feel nothing but joy at the news. I hope you are right in your assesment. How do Cubans feel in Florida?
I would imagine if it were true Cubans would be celebrating in the streets!

While its inhuman to rejoyce at a death, i take exception when it comes to Fidel.

I hope the news is out soon. The real news! Please keep us posted!

And you of all people do understand what i mean. The joy of it all!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join