It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fidel Castro Dead?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I have local sources here in Miami stating that an anoouncement will come today at 6PM from the FBI, that Fidel Castro is dead. It has been confirmend by two local law enforcement officials that the announcement will happen today.

Lets see if it just a rumor this time or for real. I will not have any official sources until after 6.

mod edit: question mark added to title.

[edit on 8/24/2007 by Gools]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This is starting to show up elsewhere:

Fidel Castro Dead?

Other sites seem to be carrying the story from the same source...

EDIT: I just noticed the source information is several days old in the link I provided...

This might be nothing...

Here, for more...

[edit on 24-8-2007 by loam]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Yeah, this rumor is sure making it's way around the net. Others have heard this too. Watch this thread, people, and duck if you're in Miami, a lot of partying will be happening if this is true.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Keep in mind that the date on the site that loam linked is from 6 days ago and the initial comment on his possible death in the site mentioned in the link is 7 days old. It is certainly possible that he has died and it has been kept quiet all this time but I just wanted to point that out.

Sorry - I just saw that loam edited his post to mention the same thing.

[edit on 8/24/2007 by trek315]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
BBC - Today:

Cuban leader Castro 'very well'
Cuban leader Castro 'very well'

Cuban leader Fidel Castro is doing "very well" and is determined to fully recover from ill health, Cuban Foreign Minister Felipe Perez Roque has said.

His comments come amid growing rumours about the health of Mr Castro, who has not been seen in public since he had intestinal surgery in July 2006.

Secrecy surrounding his condition has fuelled rumours about the extent of his health problems and his eventual political future.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
lol well at the very least you can find out if you have good sources or not!

Looking forward to 6. Hoping for a democratic Cuba myself.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The thread title is misleading. Fidel is not dead anyway...

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hasn't he been dead since like '81? I always thought the current Castro was just some CIA look-a-like.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Man how many times, do we get this story. It seems to come out every few months.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Yeah, I was just about to say what Gools said... I've heard reports over the past week that he's doing just fine.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is the most recent article I found through Google News. It was apparently released 15 hours ago, at the time of this posting.

Cuban FM dispels rumors about Castro

I'll likely watch this, out of curiosity. If this proves to be a rumor, what sort of person would start it up?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Wikipedia said a moment ago that he died today, but the edit has been reverted. All very strange......

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'll admit that I go to Perez Hilton's site every day
and he has made a new post about Castro today.

Sources reveal exclusively to PerezHilton.com that U.S. officials will be holding a press conference shortly to announce the death of Cuban dictator Fidel Castro.

South Florida police organizations are calling in reinforcements before the announcement is made, we’re told.

An Official Announcement Is Coming

Perez is normally spot-on with everything he posts, but for this story, I'll have to wait for official confirmation to believe it.

If Castro is dead, it would be quite the kick in the butt to the MSM - a celebrity blogger gets the story first.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightworker12
lol well at the very least you can find out if you have good sources or not!

Looking forward to 6. Hoping for a democratic Cuba myself.

This is true. I only know that my source is only reporting what he has heard. He did call law enforcement to verify that they had received the report that the FBI was going to make an announcement today, and they verified that. I guess law enforcement was notified first to prepare for the traffic that will occur on Calle Ocho.

Though I am expecting the announcement on the news today, it still won't give me 100% clarification or assurance that it is the truth. The last time we heard Castro was dead, it was a rumor as well.

As far as a democratic Cuba goes, I'm not sure that will happen any time soon with another Castro in power. It sure would be nice though. I know the Cuban community here is praying for it.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Rumor or not, I think these things serve an important purpose.
Flushing him out, forcing him to appear on camera..or NOT, if it's true.
I guess we'll see, soon enough.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I have a question:

U.S. officials will be holding a press conference...

How is it that US officials have the "inside scoop" on the state of health of a foreign leader and the rest of the world has to wait for their press conference to announce it?

Shouldn't the first official word of this come from the Cuban Government?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
That would make sense.

Now Perez is saying there will be a press conference at 4PM EST. That would be right around now, wouldn't it?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Nothing about Castro on CNN but there is word that our other buddy; former Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega ("The Maximum Leader") will be released and extradited to France to serve a 10 year sentence for money laundering charges.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
How is it that US officials have the "inside scoop" on the state of health of a foreign leader and the rest of the world has to wait for their press conference to announce it?

Shouldn't the first official word of this come from the Cuban Government?

I don't know, wouldn't Castro's administration want to try and hold onto power for as long as possible? While our Cuban intelligence doesn't appear have such a great track record, I would image our official word would come from defected Cuban government officials.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

That makes PERFECT sense! They would need to bring in backup police for the partying that will be going on tonight, especially a Friday night. Wait and see, everyone, wait and see.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join