It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A flash in the sky.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
A flash in the sky. That's what I saw tonite. My daughter saw it, my wife saw it and 1 of my neighbor too.

I was going out of my car then I saw this strange flash, right over my head. The sky was perfect. Just stars and no clouds. And then this white flash, as a camera flash.

But there was something , flying slowly over our heads, at a low altitude. First, I thought it was an airplane until I realised it hasn't the common green/red lights on the left and the right but just 2 white lights and a blue one, in the middle. Also, it was flying as if the pilot was drunk or stoned.
By the way, it was looking like an airplane, not like a flying saucer or a flying triangle.

The first time I saw this kind of flash, I was in Germany, in 1988. But the flash was purple and there wasn't any " flying thing " over our heads. Weather conditions were the same ( really good, no clouds,no rain,..... only stars ).

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Interesting.

You have a family, your very lucky man.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taxman
Interesting.

You have a family, your very lucky man.

You know, having a familly is a very common thing. But seeing purple or white flash in the sky is a little bit less common. Of course, if there is a thunder......

Anyway, thx.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
That's weird
Did you take any pictures or was it traveling too fast

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
No pics, sorry. My cameras were all at home.
But it wasn't flying too fast. I really had all the time to see it. In fact, right after the flash, I looked up to the sky and saw this " aircraft " right over my head.

And now, I remember something else. It's not the first time that I can see it but the second one. The first time, the weather was also good. I saw this plane over my house and then it disapeared. It really vanished in the sky. It was there and one sec later, it wasn't there anymore.

This plane has a black color and look like a little jetliner.

P.S: For those who are wondering, I'm NOT taking any drugs ( legal or not ) and I don't drink alcohol.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
That sounds to me like a helicopter searchlight. I once unwittingly watched an intire coastgaurd search in total awe, thinking I was watching an alien landing.

Do you find that with these things, (ufo's and whatnot) that you just tend to stare in awe and amazement?

Thats what I usually do when I see these things. I just stare like a cow.

I think for a few seconds about a camera, and unless there is one immediately to hand, I just keep on staring.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
umm ahh you know what...?

it sounds a litte like the belgiumufo

the 1 and only good pic is shown in uper left hand corner of this site www.ufoevidence.org...

(please note, this pic has been enhansed, just the colors)

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I read that belgian UFO thing.

I believe it is likely it is a secret USAF/NRO craft.

The description of the very fast and impossible movements were only on radar of F16's in pursuit, not visual contact.

This happened soon after lock on. My take that this was ECM interference by the secret craft tweaking the radar signal actively in order to make spurious returns. The fact they can program it to look like a "UFO" should is even better.

Why they were in Belgium is not clear, and why they allowed themselves to be observed by so many is a mystery. A security or bureaucratic screwup.

Read this close encounter story. Again a large triangular thing with lights in the corner.

7. Location. San Francisco, California
Date: January 30 2000 Time: 2315

The witness was hauling up a line of crab traps off Farlon Island with his dog onboard his 25-foot boat. While leaning over the side the dog began barking furiously. The witness looked up and saw a huge triangular shaped object hovering above him, totally silent. Then a beam of white light hit the witness and he fell backwards onto the sole of the cabin. The grabbed a Rugger 10-22 rifle loaded with a 100 round magazine and started firing at the bottom part of the object. The witness was apparently able to shoot out the light. While grabbing a second clip, he saw a hatch open up on the bottom side of the object and two persons leaned down and yelled "Stop shooting at us you idiot." He also heard a hissing sound resembling air escaping from a flat tire. The object then moved off to the south. A helicopter then appeared and hovered over the boat. The chopper was flat black in color, and it was silent with no markings on it. As the chopper hovered a flash of light was directed towards the boat. He last saw the triangle gaining altitude and disappear towards the south. The helicopter was last seen heading towards the Golden Gate Bridge.
HC addition # addendum
Source: NUFORC Type: A
home.nycap.rr.com...
-------------------------------------------------------

obviously human made.

I wonder if it is a very large stealth dirigible? think hissing sound.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
mbkennel that sounds disturbingly like the government are trying to scare people and cause UFO sightings and hoaxes.

But a silent helicopter? WTF?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I don' t think the government is trying to scare people intentionally, but in the process of doing their # or whatever people see things they're not supposed to see. So they have to do something about it, and having people believe it's from outerspace is better (from their point of view) than that new secret craft out of Lockheed Skunk Works. It works even better when you're a Jihad-freak with a SA-something missile.

but when you get some redneck shooting a rifle at a UFO, you gotta take direct action, like yelling "stop shooting at us you idiot". He should be lucky he wasn't wasted with a .50 cal like some Iraqi fisherman would have been.

My guess is that it was a stealth transport of some type, probably designed for nighttime Special Forces missions. That guy probably did a few million dollars of damage or something. Comes out of our tax bill.

silent helicopter is nothing to be that surprised about.

obviously that's something they've wanted to develop for special forces uses for a long time.

basically now the tips of conventional helicopters make mini sonic-booms. if you are clever with your aerodynamics and get enough power maybe you can get sufficient lift without breaking the sound barrier on the rotor tips. You worry about all the aerodynamics and mechanical noises. it's just expensive engineering.

it may make a sound if you are above it, e.g., all the mufflers on the engine point up.

besides it was only "silent" to one particular observer, not necessarily to everyone.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Me and a friend saw this flash. We were driving west up Turk in the W.Addition of San Francisco. The whole sky lit up white/purple. We just looked at each other and asked, "What the hell was that?!"
I googled and found this thread and no other news about it.

[edit on 31-1-2005 by mm415]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I must also admit that just the other night when I was driving into town to pick up a friend from work, I saw something similar.
It was overcast and the clouds were more white then black, it was night also.
Anyway, heading around a corner to drive up a hill, I saw in the sky only for a second a brightly lit patch of clouds. Had to focus back on the road as I was swerving a bit and my field of view no longer let me view it. When I got into a better position, it was no longer there.
It wasn't like a plane with its landing lights on becuase they are usually much higher up then what this appeared to be.
Apart from that, I didn't hear a plane or a helicopter for that matter

Was very strange and very hard to explain. I hope you understand what I mean... If not, just let me know and I will try and clarify a bit better.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AukerResearch
That sounds to me like a helicopter searchlight. I once unwittingly watched an intire coastgaurd search in total awe, thinking I was watching an alien landing.

i've done that exact same thing!
however, i didn't see anything purple in color.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ultra_phoenix

My family and I were travelling on the A1 in Nov this year at around 6pm when I saw a very large white flash of light to my left. When I looked closer it had gone. Approx 10 seconds later my daughter said"Wow did you see that massive red flash it looked like an explosion" She pointed to the exact place I had seen the flash. ( I had not mentioned to her about what I had just seen)Then this large black craft with a white light/heat source behind it shot across our path. It looked like the space shuttle rather than an aircraft but was been flown like the pilot was drunk and very fast. I remember thinking how low it was flying to be going so fast. Then the pilot seemed to gain control and it suddenly did a 90 degree turn and shot up.
I believe it had shot out of some sort of portal at great speed.

top topics

join