It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actual Picture Of Sun Outside Solar System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I was browsing throught websites when i came across this.

Which is a young star outside out solar system. Space.com has said that it has been confirmed that it is a A young version of the sun, But two times as massive as jupiter.

Source

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by zakd619

Well okay, if you want to see a star outside our solar system, go outside on a good clear night, look up and start counting
every star other than the real big one that comes 'up' each morning is a star outside our solar system.

The article you referred to is talking about a large planet (twice the size of Jupiter) orbiting a star at a distance apx to 100 times the distance we are from our star (the Sun).

It is interesting tho, to date the way they observe planets outside our solar system is by observing the effect of that planet on the star (slight wobble and or influence on the light from the star) - this appears to be an actual picture instead of observation.

So good find (should of read it first though
)

edit: A= star b= planet

[edit on 24/8/2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Sorry, but this is old news. The article is dated "01 April 2005".

Still, it is an important milestone and very cool that they were able to combine images from the VLT and Hubble and Subaru Telescopes to see the planet. I believe there are other photos of planets from the Spitzer Telescope but they are infrared. This photo was the first visible light photograph of a planet.

join