It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

millions of planets so who says this one's special?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
kim

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 09:47 AM
link   
we are a tiny little speck in a solarsystem, in a universe which is mostly just space, full of solar systems. once this makes us realise how miniscule we are, how can people go around preaching? Do you think that 'God' picked out earth and said 'ah yes, i will have a religion on this planet'? I find it really unlikely that we are the only intelligent species in the entire universe. So is 'God' now the creator of aliens? "and thou shalt have little green men in UFOs"? and also, where is there any proof in this in religious texts?

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well Kim, there is nothing scientifically that says we only intellegant life out there.
But, religons don't like science and facts, so this isn't a good place to ask this question.

But to help, God never says they out there. Just like he never says water is there.

But it is. Ten Commandments were written by god, the bible wasn't. God may have created
everything, but he/she also wanted the people to follow certain rules. So he/she gave a Ten
Commandmets to every religon made trying to make sure they didn't get out of hand. Yes,
religons are made, to make sure they don't go astray, god gives them the same rules. Don't
kill, rape, steal, cheat, lie, so forth. So while he/she may not have made religons, he/she
made sure that the religons didn't take control. Makes sense on how so many religons yet
still have same teachings and rules. Even ones hundreds of miles away have same rules. Of
course, they have different methods of teaching, like after life/reincarnation, one/many
diety(sp?), but all have same message. Don't kill, rape, steal, hurt each other.

Anyways, the truth is out there, no, a little to the left,no right,left,now up,there you go.

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Yes, there is life on other planets and no God did not mention them in the bible nor the torah nor the Quran but he did say universes..he did say planets..he did say beings...so therefore, my assumption goes that when we meet these many "intelligent species" we wil come to realize their religion is not much different from our own.

OrionSirius

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 01:42 PM
link   
YEAH RIGHT, when we do meet other species, they will have long ago evolved past any type of archaic religous beliefs.
Let's face it, what you call god is most probably some alien who came here on a holiday; and us humans just out of the caves thought WOW.

[Edited on 2-12-2002 by mad scientist]

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 06:52 PM
link   
God does ...

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 08:09 PM
link   
How NC? By sending fire on cities? Or sending plagues to kill the people here? Or maybe with the fat he flooded and killed millions. Of course, highly doubtful those happened, seeing as how the bible says so, written by humans, not the Ten Comandmens.

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 08:24 PM
link   
JTL, you keep on saying the same ignorant thing over and over. Go to the book where you find "The Ten Commandments" and read the front cover. After you see that, and you realize that the book in which it was written was written by Moses, and that the original 10 Commandments written by God are not on display somewhere but the knowledge of them was passed on in the Bible, you'll stop writing the same stupid thing all over the board.
Please, if not for your own sake, for the sake of others - stop it!

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 09:03 PM
link   
There HAS to be a FIRST intelligent species. Maybe WE are that species? (I don't fully agree with this). What I truly believe is that WE among maybe millions of others, are the 1st intelligence in this universe, and that the REAL inheritors of the universe will come along 10s of billions of years from now, looking back on us like precambrian crustaceans.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Knowledge of them passed in bible, written by humans. And Ten Commandments written by god. Sorry
Thomas, but god didn't write the bible, koran, tora, but he/she gave all of them a Ten Commandments
of some sorts. Why all teach love peace, harmony, don't kill, so forth. Unless extremist get ahold
of them, then they teach death to all but me and my kind. But so few extremists out there, so nothing
to worry about yet.

Anyways, what is stupid about how god wrote the Ten Commandments? It doesn't go against anyone's
belief systems, it doesn't like the catholic church or mauslims or the likes kill millions. And the
church did kill millions, they lead the Crusades, Inqusitions, and so forth. But that not the topic
so I will leave it at that.

Millions of planets, millions of creatures. One question, why do humans think they are better? They
animals, just the only ones to kill everything that gets in there way. Why is that? A animal gets in
the way of expanding our territories, we kill it. But hey, we animals, just the sentinet(sp?) species.
One arguement I heard was we can talk. So do other animals, just not in words. Or that we can read
and such, but dolphins and gorillas can to, just have to teach them. Just like you have to teach humans
to read. We can drive. So can another animal, some better then most humans I see on the road.
We have science, so what, that because we have time to kill, when we arn[t killing other animals. Or a
stupid one, we have religons. First, no one agrees on which one, we kill over them(no so smart to me),
and we usually follow books written by humans a few thousand years ago. With no proof, no knowledge of
the actual person who wrote it, just what is told to us by the book, and other bs like giants and monsters
and so forth.

But the answer, there is none till we find the life. I believe that there are others, just haven't found
each other yet, but we will, sooner or later. But I think we already found it, and the government is hiding
it.

Dang it, sorry, something wrong with this pos comuter, somehow that messes this up.

[Edited on 3-12-2002 by James the Lesser]

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 01:22 PM
link   
JamesTL,

Moses went up the mountain...by himself.

Moses came down the mountain...by himself.

Moses said, that god wrote the commandmants...

Now tell me... Where do you see the difference between the ten commandmants and the books of the bible?

The authors of the bible said god told them what to write. But moses said god himself wrote the commandmants, right?

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Ten Commandments make more sense, and written by god, not a book with monsters and giants and immortal humans living to be 900 years old. That's the difference. And, a Ten Commandments just appears in most religons, even ones across the ocean? Coincidence, I think not. Sure, not many follow them, but they there.

That, my good sir, is the difference. Moses says god wrote it, but how we know his name was Moses? Maybe he was Monkey Mooses, just we have text saying his name was Moses. Of course, could have been a women, seeing as how the bible and such seem to discriminate against them. Eve ate the apple, Eve made Adam eat the apple, we get kicked out. It was son of god, not daughter. The 12 people that followed Jesus everywhere were guys, King James, no queens, all important people except Mary men. I can't believe that. Also, it discriminates against blacks and other races. Adam and Eve white, Jesus white, even though he was in Arab lands, Kings james white, David white, well, maybe. I never seen a black David, or a asian Mary, or a mixed Jesus, always white. The bible supports white male supremecy, the Ten Commandments don't.

Well, let's see if this stupid pos is fixed.(Cross fingers)

Yea! it is, everything is right with the computer, for now.

[Edited on 3-12-2002 by James the Lesser]

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 06:18 PM
link   
First of all...If you already use common sense...The ten commandmants aren't needed.

Secondly... Exodus has yet to be historicly proven.

Thirdly... So do the tablet's that contain the commandmants.

The commandmants, as written and described in the bible don't exist as the same around the world. The idea's are present, as these idea's are common sense idea's.

And your argument(SP?) for why god wrote them, isn't an argument at all... I have no idea where you are going with all that non related stuff???

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Screw it, I do what truth does when he can't think of an answer. You wrong! god told me so, go to hell, well, face wrath of my god! Waaaa!!!! I'm a spineless gutless weasel, bye.

Well, actually I don't know how to text it, I have it in my head, but can't put it in words. So I will try my best JamesG.

Reason he wrote them was to keep us in line. Religons could have gotten to powerful, controlled everything. So god gave them all a Ten Commandments, expecting them to follow them. But as we know, Jews killed Christians, Christians killed everyone, Mauslim kill Jews and Christians. And of course we know lots of people who cheat, lie, and so forth.

So I guess god's plan didn't work. Catholics can rape little boys and not get in trouble by the church. Mauslim feel killing a Jew gets them to heaven and that is ok by some of their brethren. Hindus can burn a women for burning dinner. He tried, but looks like he gave up.

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Ok, that is more reasonable

Still, god being as powerful as he is, could've done more than common sense rules.

If you look at them, don't you already feel that these rule's are just natural? These aren't something that had to be taught. And even today, people don't follow them. It isn't our nature as the human species to do so. Never will be.

But it still doesn't show how nor why god was the originator of these rule's.... Or the physical reality of the tablet's themselves...

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 07:38 PM
link   
To answer the original question with a question........ Who says this planet isn't special?!?!?

And just some other coments........

The Truth does not bend to ones reality, it is there as it always was, is and will be.

No matter what you believe it requires faith..... even if you do not believe in God, you still have to have faith in believing nothing.

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 07:52 PM
link   
UniQue Werkx,

How can this planet be special when there are billions upon billions upon billions of other planet's?

With all those planet's, how and why is this the only one with life?

Why is faith and belief the same? It isn't. You believe in something because it is known. You have faith in something that has not been shown to be true at all...

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesG
UniQue Werkx,

How can this planet be special when there are billions upon billions upon billions of other planet's?

With all those planet's, how and why is this the only one with life?

Why is faith and belief the same? It isn't. You believe in something because it is known. You have faith in something that has not been shown to be true at all...

Well, Actually my name is Christian.......

First question........ HOw do you know it's not?!?! Have you been all over the galaxy, universe?!?! I haven't either........ What is the relavence in the question?!?! Does it really matter if another planet is more special then this one?!?!? I live here on this one for now so to me and the others I know it's special.

To answer the second question...... I didn't say this is the only one with life. I don't know if there is or isn't life on other planets. The possibilties are likely in some form or another.

Because no matter what it comes down to faith. Can one prove beyond a doubt anything?!?! Now I'm NOT against science at all but waht one thinks today is proven wrong tomorrow in science. Science does NOT have all the variables. They seek and constantly find new things, new particles. It's like the old "make a circle". now, everything you know is in the circle and all you DON'T know is outside the circle!!!!!!! Therefore it comes down to faith.

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 08:22 PM
link   
JTL, I hate to be an absolute sticler on this point, but when you say that the Christians killed everyone you are overlooking a couple key points. One point is that you are reaching way back hundreds of years, and while reaching back there, you are forgetting that it wasn't Christians killing as it was corrupt religious leaders that were in cahoots with the Crown, and the commoner had no right to read the scriptures for themselves but were told what they were to think. Many of those that were sent to fight were not righteous men that were mislead, anyway, but were rogues and ruffians that were promised the opportunity to rape, murder, pillage and burning rights if they'd go and create mahem and spread hate and discontent. These "Christian" marauders that you speak of killed Molsim, Jew and Christian alike.
Obviously, they were just misunderstood people who did not receive proper love and nurturing from their parents, which in turn created many issues that needed resolving.

[Edited on 4-12-2002 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Christian,

This one planet cannot be more special than anyother planet out there. There is nothing here that would make it so...

If there is life here, there is life out there...

We can prove many thing's beyond any doubt. For this, we believe and know them true.

The earth is round.
There is gravity, and other forces of nature.
Your human.

Do you have faith that these facts are true or do you believe they are true because you know they are?

Faith is a religous term. There is no scientific equivilant(SP?).

Science believes many thing's are true, and what isn't, they find answer's for. Never does it claim to know it all. Religion, however, has a faith in something that cannot be proven and it's circle (the bible), claims that that is all there is and nothing exists outside it's boundries.

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The Sol system is a part of the Milky Way Galaxy, which
Exist in the fringes of what we call the Virgo Supercluster, which is moving at approximately 600 ft per second in the direction of what is often called the Great Wall (also known as the Phoenix/ Sculptor Supercluster)

Of that is know today the Great Wall measures 600 light years is length, 300 light years is width and 100 light years in depth (the Virgo Supercluster measures 100 light years in circumference and does resemble this galaxy).

Every other Superculsuter within the same distance to the Great Wall is moving towards it at approximately the same speed. Given this information, a conclusion can be drawn. That is that the Great Wall is a much older structure, than the Supercluster which will eventually make contact with it.

There is in fact no scientific term, which equates to the word "faith" James. But if life exist in what we call the Great Wall, one thing needs to be taken into consideration. This is that FAITH is something that does not require a definite that is based is what we call Science.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join