It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAKE - SPCA AD Thanking Vick for Rescuing PitBulls - from an Email

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
My wife received an email that is probably making it's way around the web which included this (at one time FEEL GOOD Ad), thanking M. Vick for "finding homes" for "Pit Bulls" after the hurricane Katrina disaster.

I edited out the address, and made the pic smaller to abide by the T&C.

I wonder if these pitbulls actually made it to a good home.

I just wanted to share with the members just in case they weren't aware of this.

I am disgusted that Vick would participate in dogfighting, this Ad by the SPCA just ratcheted up that disgust that he would use the tragedy to get a few new dogs for his operation, and get good PR at the same time.

I know, I jumped to a conclusion on the fate of these pitbulls,

I hope that these dogs did not meet the fate of Mike's other canines.

He may or may not plead guilty next Monday, (from the news: He doesn't want to admit killing or gambling in his plea), so this may well end up in court, I cannot see the prosecutors accepting this offer.

edit:changed title to reflect that this photo has been discovered to be fake

[edit on 2007/8/24 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
He may or may not plead guilty next Monday, (from the news: He doesn't want to admit killing or gambling in his plea), so this may well end up in court, I cannot see the prosecutors accepting this offer.

Nor should they. I think the evidence against him is insurmountable. If he continues to plead guilty without admitting to all the charges, I think he will go down hard. There is too much evidence for him to get out of this in court.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Though it does make the situation seem all that more horrible (amazing anything could) snopes.com claims its a fake.

www.snopes.com...

...the Virginia Beach SPCA confirms that it did not engage in dealings with Michael Vick to help place animals rescued in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina:
The Virginia Beach SPCA does not know nor has VBSPCA ever done any business with Mr. Vick. While we did go to the Gulf Coast after hurricane Katrina, camp on the ground, work in the heat and bring back homeless animals back to our shelter, none of the more than 100 animals we assisted went to Mr. Vick.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Thanks you so much for clearing this up

I am glad that this was someone's idea of a joke, and more importantly that Vick did not get any of the Katrina animals from the SPCA.

Thank you again!

J.

top topics

join