It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiamat Queen of the Ancients

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
While i believe religously different than most the question begs to be differed with everyone who believes in scientific abnormalities and mythological beings. Tiamat is of great discussion as of late and my question is: When does something or someone stop being mythological and become real? In what I've seen and read, everyone speaks of what Tiamat may have been or done. But, is she real? Is she truly the Queen of the Ancient gods? Chained in the sea waiting to be released and cause chaos and havic for all of man and celestial kind? Anyone have any opinions on this? I'm purely curios as to what responses I will get.

Aislinne Lilith

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sancta_lilith
my question is: When does something or someone stop being mythological and become real?
Aislinne Lilith

Never.

Whether your talking about Tiamat, Yahweh, Dionysis etc. It would become real when there is proof of its existance, as yet there is none.

Tiamet is Sumerian mythology, nothing more. As are all other Gods and creation figures.

We are born of stars and shall return to the cauldron in the passing of time.

mojo

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sancta_lilith
While i believe religously different than most the question begs to be differed with everyone who believes in scientific abnormalities and mythological beings. Tiamat is of great discussion as of late and my question is: When does something or someone stop being mythological and become real?

It's the other way around. Real people, heroes, become mythic.

Tiamat, in the original Sumerian tablets, is humanoid but not human-like. She is the mother of the Elder Gods (including Marduk.) Although there's no record of an older model, it wouldn't surprise me if she was based on a still older diety that we have no record of.

In what I've seen and read, everyone speaks of what Tiamat may have been or done. But, is she real? Is she truly the Queen of the Ancient gods?

No. Mother and somewhat of an outcast.

Chained in the sea waiting to be released and cause chaos and havic for all of man and celestial kind?

No. The gods killed her. Her body makes up the land, according to the oldest stories about her.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
It's funny, Sumerian mythology, Greek mythology, all their gods are mythology while modern gods are fact and part of our daily lives. Arrogent huh?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Many consider the modern god(s) to be just as mythical.

Or as the classical disccussion goes between a non believer and a religious zealot.

NB: Our positions are actually quite close on the reality of God

RZ: How is that so, you don't believe in God and I do?

NB: I don't believe in God but that is only one less God than you don't believe in.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
"And Lo! Gilgamesh and Enkidu did break down the door and run in screaming their battle cry.

But Lo! Jesus was ready for them, and opened fire with his holy weaponry.

And Lo! Gilgamesh indeed clipped Jesus with snap shot to the shoulder.

And Jesus declared "Eat this, Gilgamesh!" and destroyed him with a blessed fragmentation device.

But Lo! Enkidu fell to his knees and wailed and gnashed his teeth.

"Gilgamesh! Noooo!" he did say, and Jesus stood before him and spake:

"I have delivered you unto my hand, wildman. There is no room in the kingdom of heaven for you."

And Lo! Jesus raised his glock, and popped Enkidu in the face." -- The New New Testament.

Flagrant ignorance of historicity aside, men became heroes, I reckon.

new topics

top topics

join