It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cencorship in Google Sky?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
What do you think of this?
www.gearthblog.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
clearly you cannot map an entire surface of space, and if you do it will be incomplete. However i noticed as soon as I downloaded google earth it is far from complete, and I would haev to guess its not even out of beta testing yet. You can't zoom in on anything without getting a crappy blurry picture but its a good start. Is there really anything to censor in space that we know about?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well we known Google took out the UFOs people were spotting in Google Earth pictures (the one in West Palm Beach, Florida comes to mind). The pictures of these places are exactly the same minus a slightly blurred saucer shaped object. Hmmm...

As far as this goes, I'm guessing it's just incomplete. There's quite a bit of sky you know.

[edit on 24-8-2007 by lightworker12]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
why doesn't someone just ask google? why they block certain images out and if they wont answer well I would say its time for some people to start spreading the word of googles decietful ways. I heard google records everything you do on it. I wouldnt be suprised if sites like google facebook myspace where all hosted on miltary IP BLocks.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
When I first heard about this newest google program, I thought, how in the world are they going to get real time images from space?
I really wish they did have access to the Hubble ''telescope, that would be aweome to get to hav a access to all of the probes that we have currently

if

[edit on 8/24/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Google is a multi billion dollar company, is already one of them,

i bet the images we see are not even the real ones, they are just artist impression, 3d images,etc etc.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
wanna see some secret spots ??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
lightworker, if i'm not mistaken i believe those 'ufos' over w.palm beach were actually lenticular clouds. there was a thread about them.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Most likely a bug unless there is a huge spaceship there, but even then they could paste stars over the area and 99% of the folks here wouldn't know the difference.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
However i noticed as soon as I downloaded google earth it is far from complete, and I would haev to guess its not even out of beta testing yet.

Well, according to google, the only applications they run that aren't in a perpetual state of beta software are their search engine applications and adsense.

For the rest, any and all other apps, should be considered alpha, for the ones with vastly incomplete feature sets compared to the goal set in public, and beta for the ones that are public but still under development (Gmail, Analytics, Optimizer, Earth, Moon, Etc, Etc)

new topics

top topics

join