It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Republican urges Iraq pullout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Top Republican urges Iraq pullout

news.bbc.co.uk

Senator John Warner, former chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said the US needed to show that its commitment to Iraq was not open-ended.

You do not want to lose the momentum, but certainly in 160,000-plus, say, 5,000 could begin to redeploy and be home to their families and loved ones no later than Christmas of this year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.smh.com.au

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Well well how quickly things change when an election rolls around the party that accused those who opposed the decision to remove Saddam as being weak on National Security is slowly turning on Bush.

IMO before anyone harps on about the Sunnis turning against al-Qaeda you have to bear in mind that al-Qaeda are only minor players in Iraq despite what the media and the Pentagon tells you. All of this leaves the continuing civil war or in other words defeating al-Qaeda in Iraq is the sole answer to fixing the country problems.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The surge is working!

Let's quit!

When General Petraeus releases his Iraq report in September chances are he will report the surge is working so well that troop reductions should commence in stable areas.

I thinked Senator Warner jumped the gun a little, predicting the inevitable.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
The surge is working!

In terms of the security situation the surge has been quiet beneficial considering it was only only a gradual troop build up. The enemy has changed his tactics which was to be expected. Its ashame that the US military doesn't have the man power to replicate the surge in the other urban areas.

When General Petraeus releases his Iraq report in September chances are he will report the surge is working so well that troop reductions should commence in stable areas.

I can agree with that although in some case I think that US troops will have to be re deployed in areas where the local security forces cant cope.

Do you regard Warner as a defeatist and a flip flop or are those tags only reserved for the dems ?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11

Do you regard Warner as a defeatist and a flip flop or are those tags only reserved for the dems ?

Republicans can be just as stupid as Democrats sometimes.

Sometimes they need to be called out. Look at John McCain on Immigration. He was called out over that, and his front-runner status evaporated.

I don't think of Warner as a defeatist, but more of an opportunist, by predicting the inevitable. There is a difference between calling for a inevitable troop reduction, and declaring the war lost ala Harry Reid.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
To all you anti-war(american) people.

If you want the troops out of Iraq...Root for their Victory!

today.reuters.com...

"General Petraeus and Ambassador Crocker tell me if the kind of success we are seeing continues, it will be possible to maintain the same level of security with fewer American forces," Bush said.

The only proper way to end a war...is to win it!

top topics

join