It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video games arnt just rotting our minds there coasing us dammage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
That's it I'm going to get a playstation 2 or a pentium 4.

I'm sick and tired of playing games from 1999 & 2000, although I will always show my love and devotion for Quake II Arena and Return to Castle Wolfenstein...

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Haiti is going to file a lawsuit against Rockstar games because of GTA: Vice City, one of the greatest games ever made. They will sue because of the mode where you get cash for killing all the Haitians.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheConservative
Haiti is going to file a lawsuit against Rockstar games because of GTA: Vice City, one of the greatest games ever made. They will sue because of the mode where you get cash for killing all the Haitians.

that funny considering you get money for killing just about anyone in that game. maybe next a pimp or prostituion ring will sue because it advocates killing the prostitues and taking the money from their dead bodies? Where does the sue-happy maddness end?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
What about tetris?

I think the person that ran the website was a unique case. I don't think something like this happens very often. It's just that some people are more sensitive to these things than others. Playing video games alot my cause people to become addicted to them and change their outlook on life, but they rarely have any profound eccects that are protentially life-threatening (to themselves or others).

The important thing is to remember that no matter if you're just a skimpy player or avid game freak, it's just a game, just a bunch of code and graphics put together. They're made to provide for a source of amusement, and its not a very good idea to become to obsessed with it that you devote your life to it.

Well, that's my opinion at least, since I don't play video games very much, except for Age of Empires. I've had that game for 4 years and I'm still not tired of it. And no, it has not inspired me to eradicate an entire civilization and conquer the planet, yet at least.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Serious delusions I have, yes. Too much gaming? No such thing. Same as social life, but eh.... would have had none anyways. In the words of my late, great master, Billy of Harmshire:

"Thou art all krug."

DE

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I've been playing video games all my life. Video Games rotting our minds? You have got to be #ting me.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheConservative

LMAO!! I dont know what their problem is. You can kill everyone in GTA not just Haitians.
Although I can see how they are offended by it.

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiabolusKlown
Wasn't my fault! I picked up that hooker because I played too much Grand Theft Auto!

LMAO!!!
Oh of course not.

[Edited on 17-1-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Here is the link to the story:

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq

Originally posted by sosic
for the people who dont know about this sight beta-7.com... this guy was a game tester for nfl 2k4 aka espn football and the game alone gave him and serveral other testers violent episodes were they acted like football players at any given time and tackled random people and also gave them several blackouts while playing the game.

And the point is....?

I'm a hard-core Everquest player. There are so many sights about addiction to this game, how it causes psychosis and social withdrawl and such. What a crock!
Video games are no different than anything else: just enjoy in moderation. If these guys are beta-testing, then they are at least 18 years old, old enough to make the right decisions.

Now, if I was to go around and hack at people with my Stained Axe of the Scions, that would be a different story.....

EQ had me addicted. I play now from time to time. I'm on the Tallon server. Stained Axe of the Scions you say? Must be a ranger )

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I truly thing some video games can even increase your reflexes hehe, at least I notice quite some difference for a few hours after playing Enemy Territory, and it's amazing how much effort I put into playing it, so much action and if you don't have the best responce time everyone else on the servers are going to walk all over you

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
aliceinwonerland qouted:

EQ had me addicted. I play now from time to time. I'm on the Tallon server. Stained Axe of the Scions you say? Must be a ranger )

Wood Elf Ranger Extraordinaire!!

They have a TON of sites about Everquest addiction.

Check out this article:

www.techtv.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I'm not into video games but I see a final fantasy commercial on tv everytime i turn it on at night.

What is this crap???

It appears there is not thinking involved, it's all pretty colors and aesthetically pleasing looking cartoon characters.

What's the deal on this game?

Oh and the girls voice at the end of the commerical always gives me the creeps.

square onyx or something??

help.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I've been playing video games since I could grab hold of the controller. i mostly play computer now, but I'm still a gamer. I've never had any problem... I've got a 4.0 GPA, never gotten into any major trouble, never gotten into a fight. So as I see it, video games are harmless, and scientists are making up crap like they do in other sciences to explain what can't be. That last statement is most likely not true, but i don't care. I'm just typing because i'm bored.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join