It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video games arnt just rotting our minds there coasing us dammage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
for the people who dont know about this sight beta-7.com... this guy was a game tester for nfl 2k4 aka espn football and the game alone gave him and serveral other testers violent episodes were they acted like football players at any given time and tackled random people and also gave them several blackouts while playing the game.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sosic
for the people who dont know about this sight beta-7.com... this guy was a game tester for nfl 2k4 aka espn football and the game alone gave him and serveral other testers violent episodes were they acted like football players at any given time and tackled random people and also gave them several blackouts while playing the game.

And the point is....?

I'm a hard-core Everquest player. There are so many sights about addiction to this game, how it causes psychosis and social withdrawl and such. What a crock!
Video games are no different than anything else: just enjoy in moderation. If these guys are beta-testing, then they are at least 18 years old, old enough to make the right decisions.

Now, if I was to go around and hack at people with my Stained Axe of the Scions, that would be a different story.....

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
That doesnt happen to most people. It never happened to me. Well that could be contributed to my overly healthy amount a realizm I get from this forum in 5 mins.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sosic

LOL...so I guess im gonna start shooting random people because I play a ww2 game...This is hilarious...randomly tackling people..Id love to see that...

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Just don't get the new game Manhunt (ps2) then. Definately will warp your mind.

Caution - Must be 18 or older.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
thats a big joke... its very old i saw this like 2 years ago...

seams they made it for 2004 its like a myth keeps evolving

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Yea Manhunt is seriously messed up. Its amazing it didnt get a AO for violence (Makes me
due violence in it, well not realy, I like that smily face).

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Ever since I played Postal2 I've had this urge to go around peeing on people.

But then with hindsight, I reckon I had that urge before....

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sosic for the people who dont know about this sight beta-7.com... this guy was a game tester for nfl 2k4 aka espn football and the game alone gave him and serveral other testers violent episodes were they acted like football players at any given time and tackled random people and also gave them several blackouts while playing the game.
This has been proven to be a promotional stunt for the game. Do a little more research on the subject, it's not hard to find.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

But then with hindsight, I reckon I had that urge before....

Wow, just wow.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Oh ? So you enjoyed it also. Finally, may be that I'm not so crazy after all.

Huuum, last time I played Postal 2 I grabbed an M-16 , then I went outside and started to kill allmost all the bystanders.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Wow, I think I joined the wrong forum. I didnt know theres so many messed up/people pisses is the world.

Joking.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
" Playing games is good for you - w00t! 27/Mar/2001
A recent report by the Home Office in the UK has revealed something that I am sure we've all been aware of for some time - computer games make you smarter. Yes, it's true, statistically if you've playing games for five years there's a high chance that you are smarter, have better qualifications, and are enjoying a better job than those less game-inclined. Take that all you no-good Gym teachers! "

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Lol DaRage, nice. Its interesting that the more intelligent people are usally the 'geeks' and 'nerds' who have realy high intelligence, are outcasts and have a good perception of whats going on.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Wasn't my fault! I picked up that hooker because I played too much Grand Theft Auto!

[Edited on 16-1-2004 by DiabolusKlown]

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
lol

And how do we know, not saying they did, these people who randomly tackled people were paid to do that by some group who doesnt like video games and want to kill the industry? Its possible, never heard a case of this before. Conpiracy or truth, lets let the audence decide.

Have you finished deciding? DECIDE DAMN YOU!

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! And may I add, HAHAHAHAHA! withm, HA! Anyways, with games being bad, they are not that BAD! I play Diablo 2, but I don't grab my Falchion and kite sheild and go out to hack people's heads off, I don't play GTA Vice City then go and steal a helicopter, no, for that is bull#.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Damn strait James the Lesser! I do go out after playing GTA and sell drugs in a ice cream truck!

Whoops, did I let that out?

Joking

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   

LMAO!!!!!

Moderation is the key to not-getting addicted, or having problematic sequels. If I wasn't playing moderatly, of course I'd dress out like a ninja, go outside and start flippin' out and throwing shurikens at random people.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Ever since I started playing Jedi Power Battles, my telekinesis skills have improved and I've been killing people left and right with my light saber.

Actually, for several years the government has tried to link games to violence and everytime the studies are either inconclusive or they prove that video games DO NOT cause violence. Plus, the case you cited was a paid stunt for the game.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join