It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jesus did exist, face it!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by open mind
www.probe.org...

this is just one of many. Type 'historic evidence of jesus christ' into google and check out the results. i am not trying to covert people, just proving his existance. i don't care whether you believe is his miracles, just as long as you know he existed

Here is one I found, doesn't really jive with what yours though.

www.nobeliefs.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
so, lets say I face that "jesus exists". what do I have to do then. Bow down and start worshipping him?

whats more: even if such a person did exist, how do we know who he truly was, what he stood for, and what he did?

what type of wicked mind-control programm has created masses and hordes of people running around earth trying to convince me to take jesus christ as my saviour?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
If someone could come up with the Roman records for the crucifixion in Jerusalem of the guy with the "INRI" sign over his head, I would concede that there may have been a guy named Jesus, but I would not believe he was the son of god. Rather, he would be one of many deluded individuals in history who believe they are holy in some manner.

Until actual evidence of this sort shows up and is proven, then I don't believe he existed.

Accounts of people are not proof. Look how many lies and misrepresentations of events are on the internet about current events.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Word of mouth is not evidence. Ergo, there is no actual proof of the existence of Jesus.

BTW, the Shroud of Turin was found to be fake, so it doesn't count, either.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Why don't you renounce cowardice and ASK JESUS if he is real,
but *WARNING* Get ready to repent!!! Ask him to forgive you and change you. If you don't do this, your life will go to hell in a handbasket, after he shows you the truth and you don't accept what's in front of your face.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
but *WARNING* Get ready to repent!!! Ask him to forgive you and change you. If you don't do this, your life will go to hell in a handbasket, after he shows you the truth and you don't accept what's in front of your face.

my life is filled with beauty, health, strength and love ever since I renounced religious cultism. free your mind...you dont need forgiveness.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

i did a few times, with all my heart, but i got no answer... maybe he was too busy vaguely appearing on a tortilla to give me one...
the issue here isn't about anything but history, you're not really contributing to this conversation

honestly, that's sad. accept it or else...
not as benevolent as you'd say

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Why don't you renounce fanaticism. All paths lead to God if the heart is open. What works for you may not work for him, or me. Jesus was far more tolerant and compassionate than his subsequent followers have ever been.

Religion is what happens to the teachings of a master once their disciples realize how hard they are to live up to.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I've always believed Jesus was a real person.

I just don't believe he performed miracles, was the son of God, etc.

I think he was just a normal person.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Whoa...he doesn't sound like the kind of fellow I'd even want to ask directions from. I can hear him now: "If you don't turn left at the next light my son, may your car ignite and your body burn eternally".

Meh...I believe man was created by extra-dimensional beings so I guess I'm screwed either way, regardless.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

You know, believe or not, this is off topic.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
If someone could come up with the Roman records for the crucifixion in Jerusalem of the guy with the "INRI" sign over his head, I would concede that there may have been a guy named Jesus, but I would not believe he was the son of god. Rather, he would be one of many deluded individuals in history who believe they are holy in some manner.

Accounts of people are not proof. Look how many lies and misrepresentations of events are on the internet about current events.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Word of mouth is not evidence. Ergo, there is no actual proof of the existence of Jesus.

BTW, the Shroud of Turin was found to be fake, so it doesn't count, either.

You know, believe or not, the majority of this post is off topic. We're not talking about whether you want to accept the spiritual side of the man Jesus. We're talking about that there really was a man named Jesus who is written about by a fair number of folks from various walks of life. So - okay - you don't want to believe in the miracles or the salvation or the messiah side of things, but that's really not the point here, now is it?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
so, lets say I face that "jesus exists". what do I have to do then. Bow down and start worshipping him?

whats more: even if such a person did exist, how do we know who he truly was, what he stood for, and what he did?

what type of wicked mind-control programm has created masses and hordes of people running around earth trying to convince me to take jesus christ as my saviour?

You know, believe or not, most of this post is off-topic. We're trying to center on whether the man Jesus referred to in various writings by different folks lived. Thanks for sharing your bizarre phobia to religion, but it's really not the point here, now is it?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
OP, have you seen the movie Zeitgeist? You can download it in the ATS 'Resources & Uploads' section. It provides a pretty strong case towards him never actually existed. The film proves that all religions feature the same commonalities being metaphorically based on the stars and constellations. Very interesting.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
not to sound impolite or rude

never mind whteher there was a jesus or not

unless someone was there, they have no idea what he was about, having said that, my bro and i discuss this topic quite a lot, world religions etc, the catholics gave the bible its contents, if not, they certainly were the Only ones allowed to make and read the bible, the clergy that is and suspiciously, for centuries the people in the church were Not allowed to even try and read this bible, even if they could read.....

i do suspect this fellow jesus, or jeshua depending on the texts one reads, he was the first person to stand up for the little guy and he stood against the roman empire, which is very similar to the current american empire, i have basically concluded he was the first protester i have read about in those days, of course, i was not there, and i know of nobody who could have been there,

but like that one internet pic or video i saw, who would jesus bomb if he was alive today?

like i mentioned first off, i am not intending to be rude or impolite, just my words on this jesus/jeshua guy

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I believe if you re-read my post, I am talking about the topic at hand, which I understood was whether or not Jesus existed historically. All I said was there is no evidence so until there is evidence I personally doubt he existed as a person instead of an amalgam of people or ideas.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well let's look at it in another way, without all the facts from documented history but just the facts of physics and life.... First off, for those of us who do believe, well when we die, we have the chance at eternal salvation, to live in Heaven for Eternity.. For those here on the planet who don't believe in Christ, well you only get to take an eternal dirt nap... Now the other thing everyone needs to realize is that someday, no matter who you are, how much money you have, how well you eat, it all comes to an end and you die... So would you rather have the chance to live for eternity or just know that you are going to push up flowers and rot??? As the old saying goes, the cruelist joke satan played on the human race was convincing them they would live forever.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Small video here on the comparison between Horus and Jesus.. scan youtube there are loads. And Horus isnt the only one, there are other SUN GODS who all share the same life and miracles. Older than Jesus. I want to know what any of you think of this.

horus and jesus - exactly the same lives- why? because its celestial symbology.

[edit on 25-8-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
Well let's look at it in another way, without all the facts from documented history but just the facts of physics and life.... First off, for those of us who do believe, well when we die, we have the chance at eternal salvation, to live in Heaven for Eternity.. For those here on the planet who don't believe in Christ, well you only get to take an eternal dirt nap... Now the other thing everyone needs to realize is that someday, no matter who you are, how much money you have, how well you eat, it all comes to an end and you die... So would you rather have the chance to live for eternity or just know that you are going to push up flowers and rot??? As the old saying goes, the cruelist joke satan played on the human race was convincing them they would live forever.

I prefer to make my own mind up and, after researching various religions, making the decision which feels RIGHT FOR ME and rejecting christianity (and many other religions) and forming rather different beliefs.

I do not "need" to realise anything, on the contrary as far as i am concerned i need only do what is right for me. The beauty of that is that i invariably find when i follow that path what is right for me is selfless, kind and never self-destructive. It does not involve telling others what they need to do or giving advice.....in my experience advice is what people give away when they are not using it.

If you happen to be right (you will notice i am open to that possibility, while being of the opinion you are actually wrong), i will expect that no god worthy of my admiration will punish me for exploring my beliefs or be so fallible so as to actually possess human failings such as the thirst for revenge or desire to punish......because if that is who your god is, i would rather be wrong and live my way now. There is also an old saying that the height of arrogance is the creation of god in our own image. In my eyes, God must be far greater than that.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
What about the Dead Sea Scrolls? I know that they contain mostly writings predating Jesus, but according to prophecy, Jesus fulfilled every prophecy written about him in the OT. I haven't heard any updates since the finding of these precious old documents; but the judeo/christian world hasn't been set on it's ear as far as I know.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by janasstar

Oooops! I see my error here. We're talking about proof that Jesus existed. Sorry. Somehow my thinking trailed off to whther any of the bible of today was valid, or whether Jesus was the Son of God. My apologies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join